Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Just take the black wire from the new radio's harness and attach it (along with the other ground wires listed in my wiring chart) and secure it to a screw that goes into the metal of the chassis. The metal radio bracket works as a chassis ground.
Aahh, I see.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help trying to find a 2003 to 2004 JDM double din kit for navigation and would like to keep dual climate control. Have read some of the very helpful post on how to and what is needed, however I just can't seem to track down the part, belive the part number to be 68260-0304TC. As well is it possible to just hack off of the original "OEM" finisher/din to a double din size and just buy the ac contoller not the metra rubber buttons.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Funny thing I had actually gone to custom sounds and saw a g35, talked to the guy that owned it had the same problem. The installer said he could do everything I wanted but with an in Stock metra kit. I wish they made their buttons more stock looking.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by ATXG4ME
Need help trying to find a 2003 to 2004 JDM double din kit for navigation and would like to keep dual climate control. Have read some of the very helpful post on how to and what is needed, however I just can't seem to track down the part, belive the part number to be 68260-0304TC. As well is it possible to just hack off of the original "OEM" finisher/din to a double din size and just buy the ac contoller not the metra rubber buttons.
Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. There's no sense in dremeling your existing finisher as the finisher and AC control usually come together and the AC controller is the part that costs $340. I just bought mine from Fontana Nissan. May wanna contact them and see if they still have one. I don't think they do tho. Once they come in they're gone just as quickly. There's only one option for the trim kit with the JDM tho (as far as fitment) and it fits both nav and non nav models.

You can't buy the 03/4 with dual climate preinstalled unless you find a used one where someone already did the conversion. There is a diy video link at the beginning of this thread on how to do it (thanks to wrathernaut for this ridiculous amount of compiled info). You can probably pay someone to do it if you cant. At your own risk of course.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the controller but no finisher with it. I did also watch the video of the dual climate control button swap. So just to get this right are you saying that the JDM ac contoller has the circuitry but just not the button and led that has me slightly confused.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the controller but no finisher with it. I did also watch the video of the dual climate control button swap. So just to get this right are you saying that the JDM ac contoller has the circuitry but just not the button and led that has me slightly confused.
I'm no expert, but I'm assuming that putting the button there gives the option to toggle from a single signal to a split signal for the climate control rather than just one single signal all the time. Again, I'm no expert. Not sure if that's how it works, but it seems like just a simple modification that they just didn't put in the Japanese models. These weren't "luxury" cars in Japan. Just Nissans.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-21-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
That's correct. The climate control board just sends the "encoded" button signals over to the climate control computer. The non-dual boards just don't have the button on the circuit board, and the non-dual trim does have the dummy plastic finisher where the moving DUAL finisher piece goes. The non-dual climate control computer doesn't have a second sensor and the other components required to do the dual mode, so before anybody asks (again ) you need more than just a button to get dual mode on a vehicle not equipped with it.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (10-29-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification, any chance that you might know where to get a JDM DD kit. Links on this post no longer seem to have this item last I checked. Been checking around all the dealers don't even seem to be able to find that part number, I see a few people state they received theirs from a dealer. Maybe the ones in Austin just don't want to help no luck with Cali either.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the clarification, any chance that you might know where to get a JDM DD kit. Links on this post no longer seem to have this item last I checked. Been checking around all the dealers don't even seem to be able to find that part number, I see a few people state they received theirs from a dealer. Maybe the ones in Austin just don't want to help no luck with Cali either.
Conceptzperformance.com JUST bumped their thread. They just got some in. Better hurry.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Man I think I will just suffer till maybe on day I can get lucky and maybe they will have the kit with ac controller. DD kit no controller $238.00 cheapest controller out of stock 199.00. Slightly crazy dremil sounding like the best option cut myself a DD if/when I find a controller.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great info. Thanks

Old 10-28-2014, 10:02 PM
Just a tip/opinion for anyone who gets a JDM kit, but has stock gray nav buttons:

Switch your black JDM AC control buttons with your stock gray buttons so you don't have the two different color buttons. It makes a huge huge difference.

Name:  IMG_20141028_190325.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  68.0 KB

I have the willow kit, (which looks a LOT better than I thought it would) and did the dual climate button thing, then switched buttons. I broke the temp button, so that ones black (despite the glare), but otherwise looks stock as anything could. Thanks again, wrathernaut!

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-28-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Just got my JDM kit (titanium) matching buttons today, think it will get installed on Saturday with a pioneer 3600bhs, new speakers and maybe a back up camera. Your set up looks pretty sweet. What type of deck is that?

Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Just got my JDM kit (titanium) matching buttons today, think it will get installed on Saturday with a pioneer 3600bhs, new speakers and maybe a back up camera. Your set up looks pretty sweet. What type of deck is that?
Its a BOSS bv9759bd. Its actually a piece of ****. Haha I wanted something that's ALL scteen, and it is, but the removable face button is underneath, and the aux jack is on the side, so if I mount it flush I'll lose the aux jack and removable face ability. Haha

I can make it semi flush and regain the aux, but still not be able to reach the removable face button.

Or I can make it not flush at all and keep the features, but have it look awful.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah I was looking for something that will hookup with my android phone. I got that JDM DOUBLE DIN from fontana nissan off of eBay. Looks just like stock unit, nice. Thanks Gdirty for your earlier post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List