Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by 408G35Sedan
Installed a pioneer avh-p4200dvd head unit a while back...03 sedan bose sysyem...When I installed it the speaker in the rear window has no sound and can barely hear the rear door speakers...any ideas?
I'll assume you followed the wiring chart and used the recommended ROEM-NIS2 for the Bose system from the first post here, if you didn't do either or both of those things, you'll have to describe what you've done in order for anyone to make sense of it.

For the rear doors, the P4200DVD may have had the rear channel set to subwoofer output (low-pass filter enabled). You need to set them to full range in the settings to get full output from them. - See page 62 of the operations manual.

The bose amp builds the rear shelf 6x9's audio signal from the front speaker's audio signal, which may have been set to a high-pass filter by the Pioneer, so any of the lower frequencies that would go to them are being processed out. If you're using the AUTO-EQ setting, then high-pass filter on front speakers is set. - See pages 57 and 65 of the operations manual.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
First simple check is to check the tuner settings (fade, etc) on the head unit itself... Next is if you used a non PAC module you will have to adjust sound by a turn **** down at the module itself. There are four screws that adjust noise level relative to volume... Next we have a wiring issues.
I think I have a pac module...i basically bought the whole kit in the write up to do the double din swap......When in settings on sound level 15 split 50 front 50 rear it sounds good, but I adjusted it so all the sound comes from the rear and u can barley hear the rear speakers...and there is another option in the settings REAR SPEAKERS that's dimmed and won't let me click on it...I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and double check the wiring.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Need help for double din install.

Hey everyone I'm getting my Pioneer double din installed today, I got the Bose premium system. I'm wondering what harness do I need? The Pac ROEM NIS2 or the Metra 70 7551? I'm going to hook up a JL amp for my Kicker Subwoofer. I still want to use my Bose speakers and want to get the factory sound. Anyone know which one will be the best choice? Please help!?!?!?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by G35_Estreya
Hey everyone I'm getting my Pioneer double din installed today, I got the Bose premium system. I'm wondering what harness do I need? The Pac ROEM NIS2 or the Metra 70 7551? I'm going to hook up a JL amp for my Kicker Subwoofer. I still want to use my Bose speakers and want to get the factory sound. Anyone know which one will be the best choice? Please help!?!?!?
See the first post.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great guide. The only issue I am having now is my air conditioner wont work unless it is set to 60 or 65, living in Texas this will put a large strain on my a/c compressor but I don't know what to do about it...

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-20140828_170519.jpg   Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-20140828_175104.jpg   Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-20140829_092731.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Cingular
Great guide. The only issue I am having now is my air conditioner wont work unless it is set to 60 or 65, living in Texas this will put a large strain on my a/c compressor but I don't know what to do about it...
You probably disconnected the cabin temperature sensor.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...n-install.html

The following users liked this post:
Cingular (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 PM
That was it, thank you.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure you hear this all the time, but this is one of my go-to threads on Driver. I can always expect a helpful answer from you on the community involved in this thread. Thanks again Wrathernaut, for all that you do.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by SoFloVan
I'm sure you hear this all the time, but this is one of my go-to threads on Driver. I can always expect a helpful answer from you on the community involved in this thread. Thanks again Wrathernaut, for all that you do.
When I bought some new audio materials at my local sound shop (they price match after all) I saw them working a G35. Want to guess where they got the instructions that they printed out for the install? Wrathernaut on G35driver.com lol.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
When I bought some new audio materials at my local sound shop (they price match after all) I saw them working a G35. Want to guess where they got the instructions that they printed out for the install? Wrathernaut on G35driver.com lol.
Any shop that dopes proper research is a smart shop.

Although I wouldn't mind if they threw some residuals my way.

.. and if I ever wonder why I still do it, I just check the first post:
Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-rjxckyb.png

The following 2 users liked this post by Wrathernaut:
Marfyyyyy (09-11-2014), SoFloVan (09-10-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I bought the metra double din for my 03 coupe, how do i take off the plastic in the middle? I bought a pioneer avh-2600bt and its in the middle without being able to take it off easily, it seems like i have to cut it out for the space but i want to make sure.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Marfyyyyy
I bought the metra double din for my 03 coupe, how do i take off the plastic in the middle? I bought a pioneer avh-2600bt and its in the middle without being able to take it off easily, it seems like i have to cut it out for the space but i want to make sure.
As per page #8 of the manual, you cut it out.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 AM
yeah I cut it out. I managed to install it but there are some several issues that you've probably answered before so I'm sorry if you have to answer it again because I tried searching. I couldn't get my steering wheel functions to work because I was confused on where to put the wiring. I did it according to page 1. and I get a amp error every now and than also which is what I don't understand. Do you know what is going wrong? Here is everything I bought regarding the installation

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_8426.jpg  
Old 09-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Marfyyyyy
yeah I cut it out. I managed to install it but there are some several issues that you've probably answered before so I'm sorry if you have to answer it again because I tried searching. I couldn't get my steering wheel functions to work because I was confused on where to put the wiring. I did it according to page 1. and I get a amp error every now and than also which is what I don't understand. Do you know what is going wrong? Here is everything I bought regarding the installation
I think I need to just buy an ASWC-1 to do a separate install video for that item. They weren't around when I did my installs.

What wiring were you confused on? There's the two signal wires, which go from the M39 harness to the wires on the ASWC. There's the power wire for the ASWC, which connects to the same switched power wire that the headunit uses. The ground for the ASWC is connected to the yellow M39 harness wire and grounded to the vehicle. Then, you plug the 3.5mm connector to the back of the radio. That's it.

You've got to be more descriptive on the amp error. Mostly because you bought the 70-7551, a part I haven't recommended to anyone in years, so I would have to assume that you've got an aftermarket amplifier you're trying to use. If that assumption is wrong and you're trying to use it with the factory bose amplifier, you're going to encounter the issues of low/noisy audio that made me recommend the ROEM-NIS2 in any situation where you're keeping the bose amplifier. If you're using the 70-7551 and don't have the bose system OR an aftermarket amplifier, you're sending a very low power signal to try and power speakers, which doesn't really work.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I have a question about the ASWC-1. The cubby was falling down because I used the stock screws in the metra dash, so in order to replace those I had to take out my dash. Upon replacing I could not get my ASWC-1 to work, the programming seems to be different from initial install and when you try to reprogram it. I have checked all the guides and the amount of red flashes determining what it is connected to varies but usually flashes 7 times indicating it does not recognize a radio. It would also keep turning my screen off when it was plugged in no matter what I did, every time I tried to reprogram it. I ended up just taking it out from frustration... Does anyone have some suggestions before I try to return it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List