Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by jjjones
Hi Wrathernaut,

Just wondering if you are familiar with this?
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/s...ti/nsa-04.html

I'm from Australia so have a JDM V35. Installed my double din last week to fix the aircon issue.

At the moment, ive reading a lot to get prepared for the headunit install.

On the Skylines Australia forums, people seem to recommend using the Beatsonic over the PAC ROEM-NIS2... To me, the Beatsonic seems like a complete rip off (and seems to do the same thing as the PAC?).

Been going through a lot of forum posts on here and on the Australian forums, and there doesn't seem to be a definite answer as to if the PAC ROEM-NIS2 works on the V35 or not.

Does anyone know of anyone whos been successful in installing the PAC ROEM-NIS2 on a JDM V35 with Bose?

Cheers,
Definitely looks like a horribly overpriced ROEM-NIS2 equivalent. $220? It's a USA site, and lists the US versions of those cars. If the Australian guys have been using that as a plug-n-play option, the ROEM-NIS2 should have the same success for the V35 as the G35.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 10-06-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah from my research i think its a Japanese company that now has a US branch. But you are definitely right though.

If the device is listed to work on the G35s and works on the V35s then the wiring must be very similar and hence the ROEM-NIS2 should in theory work as well.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is it just the universal scosche trim piece?

can someone post a link to the correct scosche trim ring piece from amazon, ebay or anyone reputable shop.

Appreciate it

Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by gmmills
Is it just the universal scosche trim piece?

can someone post a link to the correct scosche trim ring piece from amazon, ebay or anyone reputable shop.

Appreciate it
Try the first post.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Hey, I FINALLY got ahold of a JDM kit for my 04. I wanna thank you for all the answering of questions, just wanted clarification on a something:

Is the 03/4 JDM kit the same whether you have nav or not? I know the 05/6/7 is different for nav/non-nav models, but I can't seem to find a clear answer on the 03/4. They seem to be the same. Only reason I'm asking is cuz the one I bought didn't say, so now I'm hoping I didn't just get the wrong one..

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 10-06-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
wow yea my bad

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Try the first post.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Hey, I FINALLY got ahold of a JDM kit for my 04. I wanna thank you for all the answering of questions, just wanted clarification on a something:

Is the 03/4 JDM kit the same whether you have nav or not? I know the 05/6/7 is different for nav/non-nav models, but I can't seem to find a clear answer on the 03/4. They seem to be the same. Only reason I'm asking is cuz the one I bought didn't say, so now I'm hoping I didn't just get the wrong one..
Yes, 03/04 JDM is the same whether or not you have factory navigation.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Alright, one more question now that I'm looking for a head unit. Are there any dimension limitations I should pay attention to? I mean I don't know how deep the cavity goes behind the dash as far as useable space is concerned. Anything I should stay away from? Or has this never been a problem? I want a 7" screen. If the depth of the unit is 4" will I be OK?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
Alright, one more question now that I'm looking for a head unit. Are there any dimension limitations I should pay attention to? I mean I don't know how deep the cavity goes behind the dash as far as useable space is concerned. Anything I should stay away from? Or has this never been a problem? I want a 7" screen. If the depth of the unit is 4" will I be OK?
I was surprised the app radio fit when I put mine in, if it sticks really far back then you are going to have to see if the cables hit or the physical you hits.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

The factory radio is a standard double-din size, and there's at least an inch of empty space behind it, so unless you're digging up an old turntable headunit (yes, they exist), it will fit.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 03:18 PM
The factory radio is a standard double-din size, and there's at least an inch of empty space behind it, so unless you're digging up an old turntable headunit (yes, they exist), it will fit.
Haha cool. I do remember seeing those old turn table kits. Must have been a baller to have one of those in '58.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Alright, so I'm wanting to bypass this crap Bose amp (I'll get another one later), so my HU is gonna be powering my speakers. Usually you can only power 4 speakers with a HU (right?), but obviously I've got the 6. Can I splice the mid and rear speaker wires so all 4 are powered by the 'rear' signal from the HU? Or is this some jerry rigging bullshib? Haha or are they already daisy chained that way?

I'm replacing the speakers too, so basically just wondering if I should get 4 or 6.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Alright, so I'm wanting to bypass this crap Bose amp (I'll get another one later), so my HU is gonna be powering my speakers. Usually you can only power 4 speakers with a HU (right?), but obviously I've got the 6. Can I splice the mid and rear speaker wires so all 4 are powered by the 'rear' signal from the HU? Or is this some jerry rigging bullshib? Haha or are they already daisy chained that way?

I'm replacing the speakers too, so basically just wondering if I should get 4 or 6.
If the replacement radio can handle a 2-ohm load, it could do it, but you're going to be better off just powering the front door speakers and the rear 6x9s.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 PM
If the replacement radio can handle a 2-ohm load, it could do it, but you're going to be better off just powering the front door speakers and the rear 6x9s.
That's what I figured..cool, I'll just get the 4 speakers for now and upgrade later. I just want it to work for now. Haha thank again, man!

I've replaced parts and stuff (HUs, speakers, etc.) But never really overhauled a whole audio system. Gonna have to research the stuff that works best for what I want.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Wrathernaut
Do you think it is much more advisable to just replace the radio to one of the following instead of using the GROM USB3?
http://www.customsounds.com/product/...U#.VECBefldXwp
http://www.customsounds.com/product/...T#.VECB1vldXwo

PS. I don't need an lcd screen.
I tried the GROM, but was not satisfied on how its gonna look on the car, returning it now.
So what do you think? Do I sill need to buy a double trim for these would they just fit well? I have no NAV

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List