Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price

Hi all,

I just called an authorized dealer/installer of Viper alarms in my area and I asked them how much would they charge me for a Viper 5902 alarm/remote start (Viper 5902) and they told me that it would be $350 usd.

The guy said the I would have to buy a module to bypass the factory alarm for $100 and then $250 for the install.
Is this true? Do I really need the $100 module?

Please give me your thougts

I am not very sure if this is the right section to post about this, so please let me know if I should move it. Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
That viper system looks badass. I once helped a friend install a remote start unit in his Nissan sentra, and it was a major pain. That was 10 years ago, and I can only imagine its much more complex now.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by jmink78
That viper system looks badass. I once helped a friend install a remote start unit in his Nissan sentra, and it was a major pain. That was 10 years ago, and I can only imagine its much more complex now.
Thanks..A friend gave this system to me for free since he had an extra one..

I thought the install would only be around $150 but its not...I kinda dont feel like spending $350 on just the install...

Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the 5901 and it cost me $450 installed.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The module goes to around $90. That's how much I got mine for. The price for for the install is average. If you don't like the price, go around to other places and see what price they give you.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by dumbg35x
The module goes to around $90. That's how much I got mine for. The price for for the install is average. If you don't like the price, go around to other places and see what price they give you.
Do you mind telling me what is the exact model of your module..
Is it Xpresskit XK07 or XK09?

I just want to make sure that I am looking for the right one. Thanks.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by spoolinupblue
I have the 5901 and it cost me $450 installed.
I didnt expect these things to cost so much to install.. I wish it was just an easy DIY that we could all do...

Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Unleaded91
I didnt expect these things to cost so much to install.. I wish it was just an easy DIY that we could all do...
Last time I put an alarm in was 10 years ago....I would not even think to try it today.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by spoolinupblue
Last time I put an alarm in was 10 years ago....I would not even think to try it today.
It's not as bad as you think, but hey Im a MECP professional haha. I have the 7901 (5902) on my Yukon currently and plan on pulling it out today and putting it in the G soon. You do need that module, and I would say $200 for install, labor only, would be a fair price. $250 is pushin it, but hey, NO ONE wants to work on an infiniti. Trust me, I'm an installer

Old 09-30-2010, 05:13 PM
The module is required for the install. It actually doesn't bypass anything you will need to have a valet key or another key programed to the car to put in the module.

250 seems high for the install I'm not sure where you are located but pm me if you in the phoenix area and I could help you out.

Btw... Infiniti is just a nissan.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Disagree. We use I-datalink modules here where I work. You will NOT have to give up a key.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by 17NickG35
It's not as bad as you think, but hey Im a MECP professional haha. I have the 7901 (5902) on my Yukon currently and plan on pulling it out today and putting it in the G soon. You do need that module, and I would say $200 for install, labor only, would be a fair price. $250 is pushin it, but hey, NO ONE wants to work on an infiniti. Trust me, I'm an installer
Yeah..I got a call form an installer and he is willing to do it for $250 labor only..I bought the Xpresskit XK09 module for $45 shipped. So in total I would pay $295 to get my 5902 working...

I think the price is still too much, but I dont know how much work needs to be done so I am just gonna close my eyes and pay $295

I am in SoCal...SD to be exact..thanks for the help..

Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What year is your G? That will factor in how much it will cost and which module you need.

Also, find out what all they are going to do for that $250. If that includes hooking up window up / down from the aftermarket remote I think that is a fair price. If they are just going to slap in a data module and not provide any features that is a lot to charge. The windows up/down are a pain because you have to run wires in to the drivers door (there is no other way to retain the window control function).

I've never had issues working on Infinitis - they are actually very easy to do remote starts / alarms in (from 03-07 anyway). The only pain is like I mentioned above, going in to the doors for window up / down. You grab tach in the cabin under the passenger dash board and you can even tag a OEM NSS signal at the ECU to safely do remote starts on manuals!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson_
What year is your G? That will factor in how much it will cost and which module you need.

Also, find out what all they are going to do for that $250. If that includes hooking up window up / down from the aftermarket remote I think that is a fair price. If they are just going to slap in a data module and not provide any features that is a lot to charge. The windows up/down are a pain because you have to run wires in to the drivers door (there is no other way to retain the window control function).

I've never had issues working on Infinitis - they are actually very easy to do remote starts / alarms in (from 03-07 anyway). The only pain is like I mentioned above, going in to the doors for window up / down. You grab tach in the cabin under the passenger dash board and you can even tag a OEM NSS signal at the ECU to safely do remote starts on manuals!
Thanks for the heads up.. I will make sure that the window up/down function of the aftermarket remote is included in the price..

I have a 2003 G35 coupe 6MT.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The '03s are cake - no smart key and no data module required. On my '04 I used a $25 556U from DEI and the valet key that I never planned on using. There are more expensive modules that don't require a key if that is a priority to you.

The only other unusual thing about Infinitis (and Nissans) is that there is a second starter wire - make sure they hook that up as well or you could have intermittent remote start problems in cold weather.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price