Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

To JL Cleansweep or not...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the original question has already been anwser in the first 5 post in the thread. No need for Clean Sweep to add IPOD connectivity as PAC will be easier & Cheaper. Also our HU output is flat already which is what Clean sweep is trying to accomplish.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=m500]I believe the original question has already been anwser in the first 5 post in the thread. No need for Clean Sweep to add IPOD connectivity as PAC will be easier & Cheaper. Also our HU output is flat already which is what Clean sweep is trying to accomplish.[/QUOTE

Oh ok what about the Audiocontrol LC6? Is that reccomended? do the same etc? thanks RX

Old 01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The LC6 is a 6 channel Line Output Converter. It won't do anything for adding an IPOD.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by jeremyp111
The LC6 is a 6 channel Line Output Converter. It won't do anything for adding an IPOD.
Well i do have an Ipod but i didnt even realize i could hooki it up to either. I was asking on both because im about te get an install of hifonics brutus for 2 punch Power HX2's, alpine 240 for the rest of the speaks and a capacitor with jlaudio amp kit. and they suggest at SOUNDBLAZERS, who i have choosen to be the best around, that I also go with the LC6. They said it would be the real way for install and that it would eliminate any ground noise. and im debating wether its worth it cause its 250 for the thing and additional for install. thoughts? RX

Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by jeremyp111

The LC6 is a great unit. It has front, rear and sub output. The reason that I went with it is, I hate the idea if two *****. The cleansweep has one main **** and if you want to use a dedicate sub. amp volume control you would have two. The argument is that you could loop your mid/hi amp to your sub amp, but to get max performance from your amp's you really need to separate it.
We have installed several cleansweeps and have had a pretty good success rate with them. We have debated this topic at the store and doing so will be regularly stocking the LC6/LC8.
Read this months Car Audio and Electronics magazine, they go into detail on this very topic.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by bb996+r1
The LC6 is a great unit. It has front, rear and sub output. The reason that I went with it is, I hate the idea if two *****. The cleansweep has one main **** and if you want to use a dedicate sub. amp volume control you would have two. The argument is that you could loop your mid/hi amp to your sub amp, but to get max performance from your amp's you really need to separate it.
We have installed several cleansweeps and have had a pretty good success rate with them. We have debated this topic at the store and doing so will be regularly stocking the LC6/LC8.
Read this months Car Audio and Electronics magazine, they go into detail on this very topic.
wow a productive post by you! I think he's coming around. But seriously, if i wish to use my bass **** from the Brutus i'll be using, is this ok with the LC6?
and whats up with the LC7 i see that is out now? thanks RX

Old 01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by imRACERX
wow a productive post by you! I think he's coming around. But seriously, if i wish to use my bass **** from the Brutus i'll be using, is this ok with the LC6?
and whats up with the LC7 i see that is out now? thanks RX

Funny I would advise against using the bass **** from your Brutus with a LC6/LC8.
The problem with bass ***** that are sold with amps, the act like a bass booster vs a signal attenuator. The sub amp bass ***** don't turn the gains up and down, which is what you want to avoid distortion/muddy bass. I would suggest using the optional bass **** that is sold with the LC6/LC8 because it will attenuate the sub signal vs boosting it.
Just turn your Brutus' gains to 3/4 level, adjust the level on the LC6/LC8 and you will be in heaven.
The LC7 is a new one for me. I have never heard of that one . Where did you hear about that model from?

Old 01-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by bb996+r1
Funny I would advise against using the bass **** from your Brutus with a LC6/LC8.
The problem with bass ***** that are sold with amps, the act like a bass booster vs a signal attenuator. The sub amp bass ***** don't turn the gains up and down, which is what you want to avoid distortion/muddy bass. I would suggest using the optional bass **** that is sold with the LC6/LC8 because it will attenuate the sub signal vs boosting it.
Just turn your Brutus' gains to 3/4 level, adjust the level on the LC6/LC8 and you will be in heaven.
The LC7 is a new one for me. I have never heard of that one . Where did you hear about that model from?
na your right it must be the LC8 not 7 anyway. can you send a pic o0f the know? i cant seem to find it. will it fit in the ash tray along with the hifonics one? i would like to install both RX

Old 01-05-2006, 10:21 PM
The **** looks like this. Mine will be going in my ash tray

Attached Thumbnails To JL Cleansweep or not...-27232.jpg