Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

JL Slash amps...no loc needed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joes954rr
Lots of feedback here, but I recommend that you do not use the speaker wire level inputs, and get a converter.
You mind explaining WHY you say that?

Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joes954rr
Lots of feedback here, but I recommend that you do not use the speaker wire level inputs, and get a converter. You may want to look at the David Navone line of converters (simply the BEST). They are adjustable, up to 9V preouts, and are top notch all the way.

If you convert the connection to an RCA, then running a high quality set (twisted pair, etc) will reduce the line noise, produce and carry a better signal, and with the adjustments, you will be able to run the amps at a lower level. I have installed several of these convers... the best product available.

http://www.davidnavone.com/

(model N-684V for 4 channel - $45)
I don't think this thread was a discussion of personal preference and opinions on LOCs. It was a technical discussion for the need or lack-thereof to use a LOC when implementing a JL "slash" series amp in the G35. This sort of opinion-focused post does little to further intelligent discussion and instead spirals a thread into "no way, AudioControl is THE BEST", "no way, check out XYZ." If you DO make an opinion-focused post, please post links to reputable sources to back your opinion... we don't know you from some jerkoff down the street who "knows about car audio" because he put together a home theater system.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn "amthar" - a little irritable today?

First thing, it's a discussion forum, and I'm being helpful, and posting my OPINION. Last I checked I was allowed to do that.

Secondly, I am not a "jerk off" as you put it, and am a quite accomplished installer and stereo system freak, so I do take a little offense to your comments. Evidently you do not agree, which is fine, it's a free country. But my suggestion to you is to be a little more open minded before you lash out at someone. =)

Lastly, "WHY", well I am a firm believer in the converter technology. I believe that the earlier you convert the signal the better, and these converters that I recommend were recommended to me from this site, and I swear by them now. I've hooked up the ery same system with speaker wires and RCAs and the sound change was CLEARLY NOTICEABLE. It happens to be the belief of many installers (not all of them) that the better the signal quality, and adjustability, the more options you will have when configuring your car stereo system. If you are daring enough, simply "try it". You may find that this is a better solution.

As misplaced as my recommendations might be (to some of you), it is still my opinion on the matter. Good luck on the system.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:51 PM
No, I'm in a great mood. The weather has been great (70 and sunny today), and I just got to drive my G around for an hour during lunch with all the windows down and sunroof open... it doesn't get any better than this (to quote the old school warcraft soundcard test).

First off, of course it's your opinion, and of course this is a discussion forum... that goes without saying.... but that doesn't "buy" you anything. This thread is discussing the need (or not) for a LOC. It is not discussing the best LOC out there. If you have a recommendation for the OP about a specific LOC, I would PM him or start a new thread called "Which LOCs I like and why." At which point I would post my personal experiences with Navone. Time and place for everything.

Secondly, I didn't call you a jerk off. I said we don't know you from a jerk off... which is true. Who the hell are you? I don't know, he doesn't know, she doesn't know... we don't know. That's all. Again, I didn't say you were a jerk off. However, you are reacting like a classic "accomplished installer and stereo system freak" who gets extremely defensive whenever his opinions or knowledge are questioned. Which is too bad, there are too many of those types of installers already- Navone being one of them (which I'd post more about in a related thread if one was started and was asking for input or opinions re: it).

Old 03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, let's! I have some too!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by el_duderino
Oh, let's! I have some too!
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/92656-opinions-locs-honor-joes954rr.html