Kinetix or Cusco A-arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetix or Cusco A-arms

I have new tires going on next week and need front camber arms ASAP. The Cusco's are going for 395 shipped currently, about the same as Kinetix.

My problem is, i am slammed on HKS RS coils, probably a good 2-2.5 inches all around.

Ive heard Cuscos wont give as much adjustablility compared to Kinetix.

My main goal is to get as close as i can to factory specs to save these new KDW's.
What do you guys reccomned? Will Cusco get me pretty close?
Thanks guys

Old 07-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the experiences that I've heard from different people, Kinetix are cheaply made and they are noisy. Cuscos however have more adjustability for negative camber than positive. I myself am waiting for the SPC front arms that are supposedly coming out soon.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Their is a excellent thread on www.350z-tech.com about how to get more negitive correction range out of the Cusco arms. Problem is, right not the site is down and I can't even try to pinpoint it for you, sorry.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I have Kinetix rears, and they are of excellent quality. I have never seen the Kinetixs A-arms in person though, so I cannot comment on those directly. But the Cusco A-arms are very good. I would go with those.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Well my goal is getting more positive camber adjustment out of the A-arms since im dropped pretty low. Seems like kinetix is the way to go for the price. Thanks guys

Old 07-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Chuck what are you using for the rear?

Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChuckP
Well my goal is getting more positive camber adjustment out of the A-arms since im dropped pretty low. Seems like kinetix is the way to go for the price. Thanks guys
for the drop you currently have on your car, none of those a-arms will come close to bring you within factory specs and give you enough + camber to compensate. You will still have neg camber running. I have KWD2s ($215 a pop). I got the SPC toe kit for the rear. I was about to buy the 350evo a-arms since they allow up to +3 degrees camber but i'm holding out for the SPC kit, hopefully will be out this month.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
for the drop you currently have on your car, none of those a-arms will come close to bring you within factory specs and give you enough + camber to compensate. You will still have neg camber running. I have KWD2s ($215 a pop). I got the SPC toe kit for the rear. I was about to buy the 350evo a-arms since they allow up to +3 degrees camber but i'm holding out for the SPC kit, hopefully will be out this month.
G35sedan03- I just ordered the spc kit for the rear. How do you know the spc front A-arms are going to allow +3 degreez? If thats true, i will hold out for a month. Lets try for a group buy on these. Thanks for the info. Happy 4th of july guys.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
the spc fronts are goin to come with both arms for the front to allow for even more camber adjustment as well as caster adjustment.

the kinetix will get you back to within stock so to say they wont mosies is wrong. i have the kinetix on my car and they work fine just squeek since i have the old version.

for the spcs though talk to peter at aipdirect.com

Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
the main question is how far are you dropped (from ground to center of wheel well)?? and what are you looking to get to with camber adjustments? do you want to get to 0 degrees which would be dumb or are you just looking to get back to stock numbers?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:13 PM
SFLG35 - i sent you a PM. Thx for the info.

Originally Posted by SFLG35
the main question is how far are you dropped (from ground to center of wheel well)?? and what are you looking to get to with camber adjustments? do you want to get to 0 degrees which would be dumb or are you just looking to get back to stock numbers?

Old 07-11-2006, 04:31 PM
the amount of final camber you have, no matter what arms you use, is highly dependant on exact rideheight, as well as your wheel offset/tire size.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:17 PM
?? what exactly are you trying to say? Im trying to fix camber and toe issues, not change my offset, tires, or my ride height.

Originally Posted by s130turbo
the amount of final camber you have, no matter what arms you use, is highly dependant on exact rideheight, as well as your wheel offset/tire size.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I understand that....but what i said still applies

You are not going to get back to stock rear toe/camber conditions with a 2.5 inch drop on HKS coils. You'll need to raise the car back up slightly to accomplish that.

Front toe is factory adjustable...that is a no brainer

Camber is not going to kill your tires unless all you do is drive straight. Toe is the tire killer, and front toe is factory adjustable. At a 2 inch drop, the Cusco should provide enough adjustment provided you're not running a particularly wide front wheel with a particularly low front offset.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:14 AM
I just installed the SPC rear camber kit which includes camber arms and toe bolts, so i should get my rear camber and toe back to stock settings.

Cusco wont even come close to getting me back to stock camber measurments, since they only allow something like .25 positive camber. So i figure im better off with kinetix front A arms.

But i do see where you are comming from. I needed to reread your post to realize you were actually trying to help, and not just spouting off some nonsence. Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by s130turbo
I understand that....but what i said still applies

You are not going to get back to stock rear toe/camber conditions with a 2.5 inch drop on HKS coils. You'll need to raise the car back up slightly to accomplish that.

Front toe is factory adjustable...that is a no brainer

Camber is not going to kill your tires unless all you do is drive straight. Toe is the tire killer, and front toe is factory adjustable. At a 2 inch drop, the Cusco should provide enough adjustment provided you're not running a particularly wide front wheel with a particularly low front offset.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinetix or Cusco A-arms