Best lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best lowering springs?

What are the best lowering springs? By best I mean that you don't have to roll fenders, no need for camber kits, lower a decent amount while not being EXTREMELY low, and not being too high either, have a great feel on the road better than stock or if not just like stock feel.

Eibach
Tein
Tanabe
Megan Racing

OR other?

Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 AM
You could go with the G35 coupe H-techs or S-techs. We have both available. Give us a call tomorrow we can help you out.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
youll need a camber kit for both the eiback prokit and sportline series

most people get away with no camber kit with tein h techs. i only know two people with s techs that got away with no camber kit.

stay away from tanabe df210's if you don't want to deal with camber kits. iirc, the nf210's are -1" front and -0.6" rear but i recall people requiring a camber kit for these. not fully sure tho..

i wasn't aware that megan made springs..

look into some swift springs..great performance springs with a very conservative drop.

consider espelir active gt springs? they are suppose to be a 10mm drop all around.

h&r sports give a -1.1" front and -1.0" rear drop..

Old 02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
youll need a camber kit for both the eiback prokit and sportline series

most people get away with no camber kit with tein h techs. i only know two people with s techs that got away with no camber kit.

stay away from tanabe df210's if you don't want to deal with camber kits. iirc, the nf210's are -1" front and -0.6" rear but i recall people requiring a camber kit for these. not fully sure tho..

i wasn't aware that megan made springs..

look into some swift springs..great performance springs with a very conservative drop.

consider espelir active gt springs? they are suppose to be a 10mm drop all around.

h&r sports give a -1.1" front and -1.0" rear drop..
Nice..Out of Tein H techs, Espilar, H&R, and Swift which ones would you recommend as far as great performance, ride, comfort, and style is concerned.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
hey bro...use the *search* function. lol.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Coupe6MT06
Nice..Out of Tein H techs, Espilar, H&R, and Swift which ones would you recommend as far as great performance, ride, comfort, and style is concerned.
swift for performance

considering you dont want to deal with camber issues, it's going to be hard to get all of those..then again, your idea of style may be different from mine because i think slammed g's look best! but it's all good homie!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:12 AM
Banned
swift for performance

considering you dont want to deal with camber issues, it's going to be hard to get all of those..then again, your idea of style may be different from mine because i think slammed g's look best! but it's all good homie!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SWIFT...ayphotohosting

you think those are legit? Also are they a good price or can I find better price than that?

Old 02-24-2007, 03:24 AM
Banned
swift for performance

Also check this out

http://www.6mt.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15518

It's all gibberish to me, but maybe you can make some sense out of it and by his post which spring you think is the best to get?

Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first figure out if you want linear or progressive springs. then pick accordingly. i would just get Z springs...

Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
tein 350z h-tech... since im rocking them now ^_^

Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Better to plan on camber/toe kits now for front/back. This way
when your not happy with the drop your all set.

Most folks (as I can tell) will eventually change/swap the H-Techs
for something else down the road.

Since your under there anyway, make it a day and do the other kits.
Thats my thinking anyway.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by absolutg
first figure out if you want linear or progressive springs. then pick accordingly. i would just get Z springs...

What's the difference between linear and progressive springs, what does eachh of them have to offer,and which one is better?

Also why would you get Z springs ? What do they have to offer compared to Swift springs ?

Last edited by Concealed StrateG35; 02-24-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Coupe6MT06
What's the difference between linear and progressive springs, what does eachh of them have to offer,and which one is better?

Also why would you get Z springs ? What do they have to offer compared to Swift springs ?
they have different ride qualities. all OEM springs are linear so they offer very predictable handling and ride quality. many aftermarket springs are progressive, meaning they get more stiff as you reach the limits of handling but in a non-linear fashion (if you've studied physics this may ring some bells). the handling is less predictable but you can get the best of both worlds with a smooth ride normally and a really stiff/tight ride when you're needing them at the limits of handling.

i liked the z springs b/c their spring rates match the sport shocks so you don't have to worry about blowing out your shocks early. they were cheap (i got mine for $50) and they provided a clean drop. the ride quality isn't as good as stock (since i'm dropped) but it's still very acceptable.

The following users liked this post:
redguitarfreak (01-15-2014)
Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by absolutg
they have different ride qualities. all OEM springs are linear so they offer very predictable handling and ride quality. many aftermarket springs are progressive, meaning they get more stiff as you reach the limits of handling but in a non-linear fashion (if you've studied physics this may ring some bells). the handling is less predictable but you can get the best of both worlds with a smooth ride normally and a really stiff/tight ride when you're needing them at the limits of handling.

i liked the z springs b/c their spring rates match the sport shocks so you don't have to worry about blowing out your shocks early. they were cheap (i got mine for $50) and they provided a clean drop. the ride quality isn't as good as stock (since i'm dropped) but it's still very acceptable.

Do you think I will blow out my shocks early with SWIFT ?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do the right thing man. I went with H-Techs and I hate the drop in the rear. If you want it done right get teh camber kit and then you can get Tenabe or and Tein S-Techs. Then when you really got osme extra cash to blow go with Tein Coilover Basics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best lowering springs?