SUSPENSION WORK-PLEASE HELP..lowered on 20's with fender damage!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation SUSPENSION WORK-PLEASE HELP..lowered on 20's with fender damage!!

hey fellow g owners, about a month ago i noticed a slight "dent, or crease" in my front passenger fender. Its the type of damage that you get from your front tire and fender MEETING while you are turn into a parking lot or whateva. Anyhow this type of stuff used to happen to my civics all the time but it was WAy eaiser to roll the front fender on a civic. Well im going to have to take the car to a shop for the fender to get fix, minor repair, but the shop told me, which makes sense; the same sh** is gonna happen again cuase the car is to low. As it sits now, the car is on 20x8.5-20x10 wheels with falken fk420 measureing in at 245-35-20 and 265-35-20 in the rear. The car is lowered with Ebiach pro kit, but i did by the kit USED from an individual off here bout a year and a half ago. So im putting my factory 18's back on this week to take the car to the shop next monday, but what should i do with my supension? I plan on next week buying d-specs to help the rebound, but i dont think that they will solve the total problem, only give me a little more cushion..i like the ride height, but to me seems a dam bit to much of a drop for a regular pro kit drop...any help peoples!!...i really dnt wanna buy new springs, but i will if i have to...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man, hopefully you can get it squared away. I'm not sure about the ebiach, but my car just has the Tein TECH-S springs installed and it's insanely low... I'd never even dream of putting 20's on it. To give a quick visual of what that drop is... car on the right is a stock height '92 dodge stealth TT

I'd think with 20's you'd probably need to be around the same height... but I'm sure other members have a much better idea than myself...
GL with your adventures...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:43 PM
heres some pics, the first is of the passenger fender and then pics of the drop..

Old 07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
thks bro..i just put up some shots to help wit the story....yeah man i really dnt knw wht to do..take a look, let me knew wht u think...and i also want to put on a carbon fiber VS style lip....so i want get this squared away BEFORE i do that..

Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it really that hard to type complete words, or do you pay for internet access by the keystroke?

And in case you didn't know, this is not a civic.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The way your wheels are sitting you shouldn't have any problems with it hitting the fender. I have a more agressive offset on my fronts running the same width tire and I have yet to rub at all. I am slammed as well, 2.5"+ drop. My guess is this was on your fender all along and you just noticed it or something else happened. The wheels are not the cause of it.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by || Vitty ||
The way your wheels are sitting you shouldn't have any problems with it hitting the fender. I have a more agressive offset on my fronts running the same width tire and I have yet to rub at all. I am slammed as well, 2.5"+ drop. My guess is this was on your fender all along and you just noticed it or something else happened. The wheels are not the cause of it.

+1

i have wider wheels with super aggressive offsets on tein basic coilovers which are alllll the way down (i even took the coils/rings out) from the pics, my car looks lower than yours with no problems..i have minor rubbing issues on the right front passenger side but thats only once in a blue moon

Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Is it really that hard to type complete words, or do you pay for internet access by the keystroke?

And in case you didn't know, this is not a civic.
thks a bunch man...this site really needs more "*****"heads like you..now can you please do me a favor and not make my thread a roast session. thks

Old 07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
No way I still have a lot of thread left on my coils and Im as low as you
Originally Posted by RobDiesel22
+1

i have tein basic coilovers which are alllll the way down

Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by || Vitty ||

thks vitty man for the info, but i def know its the tire wheneva i turn into my parking lot at work, if im going a little to fast, i can here the tire rub on the fender when i turn the wheel and go up the driveway. Definitley is when i turn the wheel and turn into certain driveways or hitting certain bumps on the roads or dips while turning. I very certain of it...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to oblige. Maybe, over time, your posts will become legible.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by RobDiesel22
+1

i have wider wheels with super aggressive offsets on tein basic coilovers which are alllll the way down (i even took the coils/rings out) from the pics, my car looks lower than yours with no problems..i have minor rubbing issues on the right front passenger side but thats only once in a blue moon

thks a lot rob for the info, but i am sure that it rubs. Its during turning the car and going into driveways or avoiding some bumps in the road, or whateva. IT happens when i have the wheel turned enough for the tire to sticking out a good amount. If i put the d specs on the car with a firm setting do you think it will help???....by the why, beautiful car man, i love the work wheels...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
haha, this is funny, you guys think eibach prokits and s-techs are low... haha

You can help the rubbing up front by getting a 245-30-20 tire. You'll have a smaller sidewall, but it shouldnt rub the fender anymore. That or you can get a front camber kit and run more negative camber.
-GP-

Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
i'm running 20x9.5 et17 in the front w/ a 245/30/20, dropped about 2 inches and as long as i am careful it really never rubs. you just have to remember not to drive it like it's a stock camry or something. use caution and slow to a crawl before approaching inclines or speedbumps.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If this is an issue when you are turning into a driveway or something I'd be willing to be that you were going too fast one day and hit the fender pretty good. Judging by that picture, it's not unreasonable to say that if you had the wheel cut all the way to one direction, and hit a large bump, the tire would slam into the fender there. Most of us that are dropped don't have rubbing issues because usually you hit a bump hard enough to cause significant suspension travel when you're going straight or fairly straight, and the wheel can safely travel up inside the fender well. If you were turning, I'd say that you could have caused this damage but hitting a big bump going fast enough.

A lot of us are running more agressive offsets with the same drops or more, and have no problems. Go get it fixed and just slow your a$$ down when you're turning and going over bumps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SUSPENSION WORK-PLEASE HELP..lowered on 20's with fender damage!!