BC Racing Coilover Complete review.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Flexible, no drilling but I think u need to extend the adjusters

Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gt spec strut bar fitment with BC coils??

will a gtspec front strut bar fit a g35 coupe with BC coilovers? heard that the bar intefers with the coils from some people. need to know before ordering! thanks

Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 PM
It's going to make adjusting tuffer but I don't see why it won't fit

Old 04-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have read several threads and seems like BC BR is a safe bet for DD and height adjustability.. but I didn't see how low can they go without modification... maybe I may have missed it .......also what do u guys think of tanabe SOC, JDM sport, Megan's or Form & Function II... Noob to suspension game... much help app.. looking for to get a new setup no more than 1000... just for DD and height game.. but will still like to keep as much comfort as possible... ill be running T1s 20's

Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review BC Coilovers

Awesome review, thanks for the details. I was told that you needed to get an alignment immediately after the install.

Originally Posted by Klubbheads
When I got my BC racing coilovers about 4-5 months ago, my tires were almost bald and on top of that my wheen bearing assembly was loose. Before these coilovers I was running on tein s-techs combined with 350z shocks and love that setup. I wanted to drop the front a little more and hopefully get better overall handling from the car so I went with these coilovers. Well after the initial install the car did NOT improve its handling for 2 major reasons. My left side was much lower than the right side (X-weight of the car was in bad shape) and the wheel bearing assembly was dangerously loose (which I did not find out till recently). Test driving the car in my local 3 mile test track with very familiar turns the car was snap oversteering on me when making a left turn but when taking a right turn the car was gripping very nicely.

After a month of installing these things I decided to corner balance and align the car. A local suspension guru did those things on my car and the car turned into a complete different animal. Keep in mind im still running on bald tires but the balance of the car is just incredible. Within these times my endlinks snapped and some other minor issues. I replaced my endlinks with SPL front and rear. Well about less than a month ago when I was putting my new tires on, I noticed that the wheel was moving back and forth on while the car was lifted up. I originally thought it was my wheel bearings and it was time for me to change it. After further inspection a mechanic said that the nut that holds the whole axle assembly together was very loose and it was actually was touching the safety pin on both sides. Well he tightened everything and now im ready to test this thing out finally after 4 months.

Now its time to test this baby out!
Softest front/back setting: The car feels great around town. I had my cousin, countless friends, my dad, even my sister telling me it feels much nicer and very comfortable than with my S-techs. I also noticed the car being much more forgiving around town on bumps and the overall ride is as good as the non-sport G37 coupe. The reason im comparing to the G37 is because my cousin has one. Handling on this setting is pretty good as well, but the car dives a bit when going into a downhill sweeper. U can almost feel the front wheel hitting the fender. Change of direction is not as precise as I like, again Who gives a fvck about change of direction when ur trying to be comfortable around town.

From the soft to hard 15 clicks front: 20 clicks back.
I usually like to keep the back a bit harder to eliminate potential understeer that is why this is the only setting I have tried. Well the car becomes a beast and does NOT feel like it has 113 inch wheelbase. It feels incredibly nimble and the change of direction is also amazing. My local “testrack” impressions were very good and I can definitely tell that I go through that stretch much faster than with my s-techs. When u go into a corner and turn the wheel the car just hugs the corners with ease even when there is a decreasing radius turn, the car turns in with ease. I have yet to test these on their hardest setting but I will do that soon when I do a road race coming up in a month or two.

Overall I am more than happy with these things and for someone who is not at the track 24/7 but still demands grip and change of direction u can not go wrong with these things. If I had to buy coilovers again for the street and occasional track use, I would not look elsewhere.

Time to bitchslap cars left and right.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Thoseof you with these installed, how is the ride? I have a mazda sedan with ksports and the ride is a bit bumpy and firm over bumps. Im young and from working on my cars, bad mattress, walking at work, I have slight back sores at times already. Should I get these on a g coupe?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by JKL1031
Thoseof you with these installed, how is the ride? I have a mazda sedan with ksports and the ride is a bit bumpy and firm over bumps. Im young and from working on my cars, bad mattress, walking at work, I have slight back sores at times already. Should I get these on a g coupe?
Custom-order low rate Swift springs and you should be okay. Don't drop it too low, though. Low spring rates + very low drop = bottom out.

Anything stiffer and lower than OEM height will always ride harder on big bumps.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:55 AM
hey guys
i need some help
i just installed some oem bc br coil overs on my 05 coupe and i just want to make sure that when i put the rear spring in the bucket im supposed to take off the top support that looks like a cone from the stock springs

car went really low my exhaust is about 1 1/2 inches from the floor

Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Pics would help..... But yes the only thing u reuse is the lower cup part of the OEM mount.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
Pics would help..... But yes the only thing u reuse is the lower cup part of the OEM mount.
found this picture online its those rubber mount that go ontop

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9/63a09332.jpg

Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Yes, you take that off and replace it with the new spring perch to adjust height

Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM
What he said ^^ are you on 18' 19' or 20's??

Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Do u guys with the spring and bucket setup get a lot of noise from the rear? I'm closing in on getting a set pretty soon.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Nada. Not even with the metal mount when using true coil springs.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Im locking in on 10k and 8k oem style; as its all the person Im looking at ordering from has. Is the 10 and 8 too stiff?? I live on sharty roads. I know my Ksports r just worn, but i dont really want to make the g a rough clunky ride. My back has been fine. Really its all in how i sleep or sit in chairs. The BC should have better dampening than the Ksport hopefully?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilover Complete review.