ABS, VDC Off, SLIP light all ON

Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys! I got same problem. tell me pls where I can find a fuse for the brake light in 2005?

Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replacing the 10A stop lamp fuse solved all my problems. No more lights, no more problems.
(Drivers side kick panel, lower row of fuses, third to the left from the firewall, not including the spare fuse)

The following users liked this post:
jbserra (09-16-2022)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm glad you figured it out hopefully I will remember this if it ever hapens to my G. What can go wrong will go wrong with my G lol.

Mderrera (01-10-2022)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Whats up guys...i have an 05 g35x sedan my awd,abs, slip, vdc lighta are all on, when i scanned it .. it said to check braie level and passenger front speed sensor.i did read before posting and i did fill up the brake fluid, i checked speed sensor and it was unplugged so so i thought the problem would be fixed and reset the computer but the lights didnt go off. And now the service engine light came on.. so i reset the computer before etesting and certifying the car and it seems that i need to change my cats i belive (some input plz) im getting the codes P0420 and P0430. (Catalyst system efficency below threshold bank 1 and the other is the same but bank 2) any opinions ? Also i was wondering if AMS 350Z/G35 HIGH FLOW CATALYTIC COVERTER will fit on my sedan ? Some help plz

Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
By all means check your brake fluid first! If its low, fill to the MAX level and drive the car around. All 3 lights should go off, and I want to thank the responses on this forum for saving me a trip to the dealership!

Old 09-19-2013, 09:55 PM
First off don't just top off your brake fluid. If it's low that means there is an issue with your brakes. Be it low pad life or leaking fluid...it's a closed system, it doesn't evaporate. An abs fault will also cause this. The ECM is initially making sure your traction control system is functioning correctly..if it senses any problems w brake or abs system it will disable it, therefore turning on your dash lights, and will not allow it to be used

Old 10-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Hello, I've noticed many people with brake light fuses blowing and is the cause of vdc light on n slip on. Well I had a short in my cables and the damn previous owner put a 30 fuse for my tail lamp. And when I looked the wire overheated and sizzled. So replacing the fuse was hopeless. So I took with a mechanics and he gave me a short fix. He basically hooked up my tai lights directly to the battery and now I have a ugly switch to turn the tail lights on. Could this be a possible cause for my vdc n slip light? Also I have changed the camshaft sensor. I did an ecu reset and it worked but then when I turned my car back on all lights came on. Service engine n vdc n slip.
Lights are kinda annoying. Next step is checking the brake system.
Anybody think it's my tailight fuse ?

-infiniti g35 coupe manual 2003

Old 09-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's what happened to my sons 2003 G35 sedan. Out of nowhere it suddenly starts throwing the VDC, ABS & Slip lights. The shifter locks and won't release.

I started here in this forum to look for a solution. The brake light switch seemed most logical to me so I bought one and tried it. Same condition. I found a blown 10A fuse burnt out, the one for the tail lights and located in the kick panel below the dash. I replaced it and wondered why it blew in the first place?

I removed the drivers taillight to check the bulbs. When I had the light disconnected from the body I though I should try starting the car and see if the condition improved. If it did then it's narrowed down to the light.

Sure enough the condition was gone! Would I need a new tail light? As I was figuring this out the problem reoccurred. I looked further on this forum and found the info about the trunk lid wiring loom.

Well. Look at what I found:

I couldn't believe my eyes. At first I checked on either side of the loom, carefully inspecting the wires as they ran through the trunk lid and where it passes through the body. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary. So, as much as it pained me to do so, I cut open the loom. And am I ever glad I did!

I couldn't believe that all those wires were mangled. The condition was intermittent because of the trunk lid going up and down.

Big shout out to this forum and the contributors. There is such helpful and awesome info, I always seem to find what I need.

ismaelg619 (12-22-2022)
Old 10-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Lightbulb Give the ABS Sensors a Visual

All my lights have been on for a while ABS, Slip, VDC. Today I finally had time to give the front end a looky loo and what I found surprised me - a broken wire.

It could be the pads, low fluid, or a myriad of other related problems - but always giving the ABS sensors a look and following the wires into the harness helps too - and it's free. The shop down the street wanted $100 to hook it up to their $10,000 scan tool to tell me what the problem was too!!

ABS Connector 2006 G35 coupe - passenger side

Now I am trying to hunt down that part - so far it has not been easy.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Just wanted to start off by saying Thank you to the forums. And I'm bringing this thread back to life.

So I have an 03 sedan with 220k miles now. I had the infamous abs, slip, and Vdc off light. But my issue was also like the op and I was unable to put it in gear and brake lights didn't work.

So after reading and trouble shooting I did the following things and none of them fixed the issue:
-filled brake fluid
-checked pads, rotors, lines all four
-checked and cleaned speed sensors and connectors
Checked brake light fuse
-checked cruise control switch (brake pedal will explain)

Everything checked out. I used my fancy abs code puller and it came out to code c1124 if I remember. It was the code for the abs sensor. I was like in no way am I going to change out my abs system when it was currently still working fine.

So I kept messing with my interlock and brake pedal and figured out that there were two switches on the brake pedal. The closest one to the floor (lower one) is the cruise control dis-engage switch. I initially thought that was the stop lamp switch (also referred to as brake light switch). There is another switch right above the cruise control and that one was the stop lamp switch.

I unplugged it and noticed the switch was broken. Purchased a new one, swapped it in, and bam all lights are gone, brake lights work, and I can switch into gears.

Hoping this helps anyone that is having the issue. Searching is our friend.

And I have driven the car now over 6k in the past 2 months and no issues. Thanks again

Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Thanks for the bump. Seems there is always some rogue wire that decides to break on these cars around the ten year mark. Mine was the trunk wires that kept my trunk from working.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by blaccG35
my buddy and i found out what was actually the problem when i encounter this problem...i posted it in my other thread but the problem was that the fuse kept blowing but it only blew when i slammed my trunk hard

I'm having the same problem, when I shut my trunk to hard I'm blowing the stop lamp fuse. Does anyone how to fix

Old 10-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^I know you're brand new so I'll be nice this morning. One of your responsibilities as a new member is to use the tools this forum provides you and search around for answers to commonly asked questions such as yours. The search tool here and Google are your friends believe it or not.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:12 PM
my buddy and i found out what was actually the problem when i encounter this problem...i posted it in my other thread but the problem was that the fuse kept blowing but it only blew when i slammed my trunk hard
where is the fuse located bruhh?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:14 PM
^ its at the panel
can you send me a image of which one is it?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ABS, VDC Off, SLIP light all ON