ABS, VDC Off, SLIP light all ON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
my buddy and i found out what was actually the problem when i encounter this problem...i posted it in my other thread but the problem was that the fuse kept blowing but it only blew when i slammed my trunk hard

Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blaccG35
my buddy and i found out what was actually the problem when i encounter this problem...i posted it in my other thread but the problem was that the fuse kept blowing but it only blew when i slammed my trunk hard
Sweet! I'll checc it out as soon as I git the chance! Would it be the fusebox under the hood or panel? Ahhh..I'll checc both! Appreciate the tip!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
^ its at the panel

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, heres my problem with the 3 lamps.
I was on the dyno installing the Mrev2 manifold and spacer. Did a pre run with no problems. After install when going into 4th gear the ABS, Slip lamp comes on and kills my power on the dyno.
VDC off lamp was arleady on because I switched it off (assuming I needed to for a dyno run).
Lamps would not reset until I drove my car aprox 100 yards (IE: all tires turning). I could not switch the VDC back on by the switch (IE: dash lamp off).

Brake lamps all work.
Fluid is full.

Drove my car around for a while (10 min) and felt good gains. Put car back on dyno for another run and sure enough, as soon as I got into 4th gear, nailed it, and both lamps came on again and power went out the window (lost horsepower from baseline!).

Got fed up and drove car again for a few feet and all the lights went off!!

Any thoughts on causes of this????

Old 10-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by davesxx01
Ok, heres my problem with the 3 lamps.
I was on the dyno installing the Mrev2 manifold and spacer. Did a pre run with no problems. After install when going into 4th gear the ABS, Slip lamp comes on and kills my power on the dyno.
VDC off lamp was arleady on because I switched it off (assuming I needed to for a dyno run).
Lamps would not reset until I drove my car aprox 100 yards (IE: all tires turning). I could not switch the VDC back on by the switch (IE: dash lamp off).

Brake lamps all work.
Fluid is full.

Drove my car around for a while (10 min) and felt good gains. Put car back on dyno for another run and sure enough, as soon as I got into 4th gear, nailed it, and both lamps came on again and power went out the window (lost horsepower from baseline!).

Got fed up and drove car again for a few feet and all the lights went off!!

Any thoughts on causes of this????

I had this exact same problem when dynoing my car, except I've never had the ABS light come on, just the SLIP and VDC. The two lights went away after i drove off the dyno and around the parking lot for a few hundred feet. No clue what's going on. If you get this resolved please let me know what your solution was. I'm pretty frustrated.
Thanks

Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Make sure the brake fluid sensor lead is seated correctly and/or is not wet. Mine got wet and the SLIP and VDC lights came on until I figured this out.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Sounds like there are several issues that will cause those lights to turn on. My car is not modified or anything, all stock. No lights on dash since purchase until several days ago when I stopped on a pretty steep downhill slant. I never put the car in park or engaged the e-brake, just had my foot on brake pedal for about 10mins or so. Finally let go of the brake pedal to go and noticed those lights on. Car still drove fine. Turned the car off and back on again the lights went away. After reading this thread, I chalked it up to brake fluid level sensor thinking fluid was low because of the car being on slant for long period of time.

"Trust me. I too, know what I'm talking about!" haha just kidding.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by VISHAL_G35
Just to fill you guys in on the actual problem... hopefully this will help people in the future...

After taking the car to the dealer, the Conclusion:

the problem was the brake fuse ... it also somehow short circuited the wires to my brake lights...

the cost: $328 dollars...
I've seem to run into this same issue..
https://g35driver.com/forums/sfl-g-c...light-all.html
The dealer said my fuses checked out. VISHAL, when the brake fuses shorted the circuit to the wires did it blow the fuses too?
Trying to figure this out fast..

Old 01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I found the problem! There is a little solenoid/switch right under the steering wheel, attached to the plastic cover. When say getting your oil changed or having service work inside... it's easy to hit it when pulling out of the floor area. It's delicate and if damaged... won't disengage parking pin when brake pedal depressed.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Exclamation 06 Infiniti G35 M6 vdc, abs and slip light on!!

Hey guys, im having pretty much the same problem here... i drive a 06 g35 coupe manual six speed. I recently dropped the suspension this winter. 1.9 in the front and 1.4 in the rear. Took the car out for a spin and noticed the vdc and slip light popped up as soon as i hit about 80kph. I shut the car off and restarted it and the lights would be off till i take it over 80 again. I had a 3D alignment done and seems like none of the lights come on anymore rides straight. im guessing it had something to do with the steering angle sensor also known as the yawn sensor.

Now heres the deal, yesterday which is a week after i got the alignment done to the car. Im driving down the on ramp at about 60 kph and the whole dash lit up like a Christmas tree! The VDC, SLIP & the ABS light came on this time. Now for the best part, i lower the radio down and all i hear in the wine from the ABS pump. I pulled over and turned the car off expecting the pump to stop functioning and it kept going! Im in the car saying wtfff, last resort i pulled around rushed back home to go disconnect the battery in turn to kill the pump before it burns the whole ABS system.

I`ve got the car in my garage now.... i hooked up the battery again. The pump doesnt come on but as i start the car those 3 abs,slip and vdc lights are still on.

Anyone have any idea wtf is up!! its stressing the hell out of me! Alot of people say it could be soo many things. The brake fluid is topped off, the rotors and pads are new. The car drives straight as an arrow, just a bit of negative camber, not much. The psi in the tires are all at 35psi.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a bunch!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ when you dropped the car, what aftermarket suspension components did you install?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Its got tokico blue HP struts with eiback sportline coils all the way around. Magnaflow catback exhaust system, AEM dryflow cold air intake, and just wired in a 8 inch harmon kardon sub however you spell it!

So here's an update.. I pulled out both speed sensors in the front and cleaned the 4 inches of dirt on them and took it for a spin and surprizingly all the lights went off. Even added a bit more brake fluid in the brake reservoir just a tad over the max maker and seems like its all good.

I'm gonna take it to work tomorrow hopefully the lights won't go on again. I'll post up and update

Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Could it be just a fault or glich in the abs ecu??

Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
I've had the same issue for a while now and just haven't bothered to contiue to troubleshoot it yet. Glad this thread came up.

^Curious to see if cleaning the sensors fixed your issue as that is what I was going to try next.

Subscribed

Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
A little of the problem up north is kind of our fault at the same time... Every year when some of us rust proof our cars, the rustproof gets sometimes sprayed on the sensors and becomes a place where dirt and salt stick to. Over the years they don't read properly cause there's layers or sh*t on the sensors. But to be honest at the same time I think a lot has to do with me filling the brake fluid up a tad over the max idicator.

On a positive note, I've driven the car to work today, about 80km of commute and all seems fine no lights on knok on wood.

Ohh and just for the record. Up here in Canada, Quebec, Montreal Infiniti wanted 109,99$ CAD to scan the braking system. For that same scan Nissan was asking 89.99$ CAD. That's why we call them dealers stealers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ABS, VDC Off, SLIP light all ON