Need an answer! Ichiba rear camber kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need an answer! Ichiba rear camber kit

Guys, I am lowering on Eibach sportline springs and obviously need a camber kit. I was really close to buying the ICHIBA kit becasue it costs less. (I know its still SPC) but I was reading up on it and it seems that the toe studs included dont work on it enless I modify it by cutting something..... So is this true? Why would anyone get this if its crap and are unable to adjust to toe to factory spec? Should i scrap the ichiba and just get the Regular SPC?

Thanks

Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
all toe bolts require cutting the subframe, thats how you get additional adjustment

Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
right on thanks..

Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
all toe bolts require cutting the subframe, thats how you get additional adjustment
But from what I've been told, in many applications you don't need the extra adjustment... just depends on how low you go.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 AM
im getting the Eibach sportlines. so its pretty low. I may need it. better be safe that where tires out. Bad TOW KILLS tires way more than bad camber.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
But from what I've been told, in many applications you don't need the extra adjustment... just depends on how low you go.
If you already bought the parts, why not install them?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
If you already bought the parts, why not install them?
It's not like when you buy the camber kit you can buy it without the toe bolts... and just because something comes with a part doesn't mean you have to install it. Elongating the holes seems much more involved than if you just use it how it came. I got mine from b2autosport and he said when they install the rear camber kits they rarely have to elongate the hole for the person to get aligned back to OEM spec's. Why mess with something if you don't have to?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
It's not like when you buy the camber kit you can buy it without the toe bolts... and just because something comes with a part doesn't mean you have to install it. Elongating the holes seems much more involved than if you just use it how it came. I got mine from b2autosport and he said when they install the rear camber kits they rarely have to elongate the hole for the person to get aligned back to OEM spec's. Why mess with something if you don't have to?
All SPC/Eibach/Ichiba kits come with the toe bolts. If you install them without elongating the subframe holes, then the adjustment range is still the same as stock. Getting "back to OEM specs" is not the same as getting back to optimal specs. How are they defining OEM specs? As the very edge of the adjustment range? Certainly not what I would consider optimal. I have one of the most conservative drops(Z h-techs with springmount mod) and I wasn't able to get back to nominal OEM specs without the full SPC kit

Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM
All SPC/Eibach/Ichiba kits come with the toe bolts. If you install them without elongating the subframe holes, then the adjustment range is still the same as stock. Getting "back to OEM specs" is not the same as getting back to optimal specs. How are they defining OEM specs? As the very edge of the adjustment range? Certainly not what I would consider optimal. I have one of the most conservative drops(Z h-techs with springmount mod) and I wasn't able to get back to nominal OEM specs without the full SPC kit
Honestly I'm not going to debate it any more as I don't know enough about the topic... I got the kit since I was told that I needed it if I dropped my car. I have the springs and rear Ichiba's sitting on my floor right next to me in plastic bags lol

Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm just stepping in to validate Redlude's answers. In order for optimal adjustably, elongating the toe holes is a must. In fact, the SPC installation guides for the toe bolts clearly list that you elongate the holes. In fact, the toe bolt kit comes with 2 square paper cut outs that you use to mark the holes before cutting them.

I wish you well with your install and whatever you choose

Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Blackmouf
I'm just stepping in to validate Redlude's answers. In order for optimal adjustably, elongating the toe holes is a must. In fact, the SPC installation guides for the toe bolts clearly list that you elongate the holes. In fact, the toe bolt kit comes with 2 square paper cut outs that you use to mark the holes before cutting them.

I wish you well with your install and whatever you choose
So you're saying that if I just install the kit and don't elongate the holes, that when I go to have my alignment done they aren't going to be successful?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes. The elongation allows for the alignment to be tweeked back to OEM specification. As redlude stated, the elongation will allow for a proper alignment. MY question is i just received my kit, Ibicha rear camber and toe, and didnt receive the templates for the dremeling. where can i get one???

Old 03-21-2009, 08:58 PM
So the kit is pointless without extra modification?l

Old 03-21-2009, 09:11 PM
no not pointless because without doing that you can still adjust the camber.