how did you fix clicking noise from rear axle??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget about the gay DEALER, I took mine to a good shop they looked at it and told me exacly what the problem was(can't really remember the part that they changed right now). So I went to the dealer and paid $60 to get the parts and it costed $30 to replace. All together it was $90. I would rather pay $90 dollars to fix the problem forever than to go to dealer twenty times and still not get the car fixed.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Yes, but you out of pocket 90 bucks.... and didnt get to beat on a G35X for the days they had your car. PLUS if you ever have a problem with your axle now and bring it in,they can scum bag you and tell you the work done by your mechanic caused the damage. Its better to do things by the book then to try to write a book yourself.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
well what i mean is that my car only has 8k miles and i already have four major issues with my car that i need to get fixed. two of which the dealers wont touch because they "cannot replicate" the situation
When you get additional miles, the problem will in the worse case get consistent and the dealer will be able to hear it or maybe it will disappear. Let's hope it goes away by itself.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Wonder if the my '05 will have these issues with the clicking noise :\ Only time will tell. If not, then I guess not having Brembo's and having the extra HP's on the 05's is worth it.
I think I remember reading on the forum that this problem still exists in the 05's.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
well what i mean is that my car only has 8k miles and i already have four major issues with my car that i need to get fixed. two of which the dealers wont touch because they "cannot replicate" the situation
If you consider a clicking axle a major issue, you haven't seen car problems. I drove an 89 Volvo 760 Turbo before this car... the G is a dream.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by realgone
I think I remember reading on the forum that this problem still exists in the 05's.
As far as I can tell, the TSB stats "Applied Vehicle: 2003-2004 G35 (Coupes CV35)" and "Applied Date: G35 Coupes built before Feb 16, 2004". So, I hope my car isn't included but if I hear that clicking noise, then I'll know what to do. Does anyone from 2005 hear this clicking noise? I should start driving with my windows down and without the radio to hear for this noise also. What I'm starting to see is that instead of enjoying my car, I'm now looking for problems that may or may not exist and being paranoid. I should stop looking for problems so much I guess and have fun driving my car :-)

Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 AM
I finally picked up my car after 21 days for a seperate issue and noticed that I had the clicking noise in my 05. I can only hear it when I start from a start and shifting between 1st-2nd-3rd. I have a feeling that the noise is still there between 3rd-4th, but the wind noise makes it virtually impossible to hear while inside the car. I know my car isn't listed on the TSB, but I'll have to drop by the dealer once again for this problem so I can get it documented to help in my lemon law case, which is currently "under review" with Infiniti for a buy-back.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
As far as I can tell, the TSB stats "Applied Vehicle: 2003-2004 G35 (Coupes CV35)" and "Applied Date: G35 Coupes built before Feb 16, 2004"

my 04 build date is march 2004 and I also have the clicking problem

Old 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmstuff
I finally picked up my car after 21 days for a seperate issue and noticed that I had the clicking noise in my 05. I can only hear it when I start from a start and shifting between 1st-2nd-3rd. I have a feeling that the noise is still there between 3rd-4th, but the wind noise makes it virtually impossible to hear while inside the car. I know my car isn't listed on the TSB, but I'll have to drop by the dealer once again for this problem so I can get it documented to help in my lemon law case, which is currently "under review" with Infiniti for a buy-back.
Well, then I guess maybe the 05 has the clicking noise still there (although I haven't heard it). The clicking noise when you shift though isn't the same clicking noise that is from the axle. It's only when you go from a stop and accelerate. If it is only when you shift then it is normal (I posted this in another forum wondering about that noise). Let us know how that lemon-law thing is going. Maybe we can get some sort of reimbursment if they can't fix that clicking noise.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I get the clicking noise when I accelerate from a complete stop. I also hear it between shifts. I dropped it off yesterday, and they're saying that they need to order some axle bolts. My build date is 01/05. I mentioned that the TSB applies to the 03/04 models and he claimed that my car could have been one of the "leftovers" or a transitional model on the assembly line.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I've got a question for those of you who have had this problem -
Is the sound a very distinct click? or is it closer to a creak? I know that it's a small difference, but I don't know what my car is doing. I have an '04 manual transmission, and when I accelerate in first and sometimes second gear, then let off the gas (without touching the brakes or clutch) I hear some type of creaking noises. It happens when the car is cold, but after it is driven for a while, I don't notice the sounds at that point. Is this similar to others' experiences?
Thanks

Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Mine did it when there was body roll or when I made turnes too fast. It's like there was a gallon of watter in the back and when I made turnes the water would go side to side(don't know any other way to descrive it). So the noise would transfered to the other side, and it was hard to determine wich side it was actually coming from.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
As far as I can tell, the TSB stats "Applied Vehicle: 2003-2004 G35 (Coupes CV35)" and "Applied Date: G35 Coupes built before Feb 16, 2004". So, I hope my car isn't included but if I hear that clicking noise, then I'll know what to do. Does anyone from 2005 hear this clicking noise? I should start driving with my windows down and without the radio to hear for this noise also. What I'm starting to see is that instead of enjoying my car, I'm now looking for problems that may or may not exist and being paranoid. I should stop looking for problems so much I guess and have fun driving my car :-)

I hear the noise pretty bad on my 05 Sedan 6MT. I have an appointment Friday AM for them to look at it. Im sure its the same noise described all over the forum here. I wont settle for just a grease job...

Old 08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
i went in for the 3rd time this weekend and they greased it again. didnt work of course. i will go to a different place now and ask them to replace the bearings instead of just greasing it. infiniti is being cheap.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Pwoz
If you consider a clicking axle a major issue, you haven't seen car problems. I drove an 89 Volvo 760 Turbo before this car... the G is a dream.
i consider not having audio and the engine shutting off on me at freeway speeds a couple major issues

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: how did you fix clicking noise from rear axle??