how did you fix clicking noise from rear axle??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how did you fix clicking noise from rear axle??

i know most of you guys are aware of this problem. that stupid clicking noise in the rear. its really loud when i begin to drive. anyway i took it in to seervice twice already. first time they replaced the bearings and a week later the noise came back. i went back and this time they put a 'special' lubricant they say will fix it. well i as im driving home from the dealership, the noise comes back.

im gonna come back tomo and let them know. for those who got it fixed what exactly did the dealer do? do i need to tell him to just replace the whole rear axle?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by abcdefGGGGGG
do i need to tell him to just replace the whole rear axle?
yes. same thing happened to me.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey here is how to fix the problem.

Take it to the dealer. Tell them exactly where the clinking is coming from. This time TELL THEM TO REPLACE IT. i made them do it, and when they didnt i threatened them with the lemon law. Next thing you know im 5000 miles into and no problems.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I just got mine taken care of this week. No more clicking sounds...yet. On my work order, it says they removed both axles and applied grease. If you want, print this TSB out and show it to them.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-002.htm

Old 08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow I heard a clicking a few days ago. It just went away after a while though. Would that be the same thing or something else?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
its actually the bearings on the rear axle .. on which Infiniti has a recall on ... even if u arent having problems .. u can get them changed. If you experience the clicking noise from your rear axles .... go to the dealerships and you should have it fixed under warranty.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
This is wierd. My dealership replaced them according to the TSB without me saying anything and I didn't even have the clicking yet. I guess it all depends on where you go. But yeah show them the TSB and tell them to REPLACE it now.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Got my car back today because they said the parts were on backorder. Funny thing is the clicking is gone. Maybe they greased the bearings for a temporary fix? They couldn't balance my new tires though, bummer.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SkylineR35
This is wierd. My dealership replaced them according to the TSB without me saying anything and I didn't even have the clicking yet. I guess it all depends on where you go. But yeah show them the TSB and tell them to REPLACE it now.
That's one of the advantages of having warranty work done by an Infiniti dealer. Remember they aren't doing you a favor when they apply a TSB. They get paid for it. So it's in their as well as your best interests that the TSB be applied.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same thing happened to me and the second time i went back, they replaced my control arms and the noise went away.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:56 PM
What kind of clicking noise is it? Is it a constant noise or? I only heard some clicking noise when I have to enter some plazas where have those steep entrance... is that what you guys are talking about or?

Thanks =)

Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by ensheep
What kind of clicking noise is it? Is it a constant noise or? I only heard some clicking noise when I have to enter some plazas where have those steep entrance... is that what you guys are talki..ng about or?

Thanks =)
Mine is a metallic click the happens when I put my the car into gear from a dead stop. It also makes the click when i'm pulling away from a stop, and sometimes when i'm cruising at say 20mph and suddenly gas it. Or, sometimes it will click when i let off the gas. When it clicks, it is one click only.

Old 08-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by onin24eagle
Mine is a metallic click the happens when I put my the car into gear from a dead stop. It also makes the click when i'm pulling away from a stop, and sometimes when i'm cruising at say 20mph and suddenly gas it. Or, sometimes it will click when i let off the gas. When it clicks, it is one click only.
I got the same symtoms

Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by ensheep
What kind of clicking noise is it? Is it a constant noise or? I only heard some clicking noise when I have to enter some plazas where have those steep entrance... is that what you guys are talking about or?

Thanks =)
You will hear it when you accelerate and decelerate.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:24 AM
guys who had this problem with aftermarket wheels, did you put ur stockers back on b4 taking it to the dealer??? im wondering if they maaay try to get out of performing the fix by voiding the warranty stating that my aftermarket 19s are heavier than stock thereby causing the loosened axel?!?! I think i'll put my 18s back on b4 going in for this fix....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: how did you fix clicking noise from rear axle??