Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Girls can't buy cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls can't buy cars

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the forums about everyday now and I've finally decided to buy a g35 coupe. Anyways, I've read most of the threads about negotiating with car dealers and I've come to the realization that One dealer even told me about a mark up on the 06's and I totally felt like they were trying to rip me off. Can you guys offer me some tips on how to get around this? or any good dealerships that will treat a girl right?

I really like the 06 Ivory Pearl 6MT and I'm trying to get it at invoice or under. Does that sound unreasonable in september?

SOS Please help!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Ivory Pearl is real nice, I got the 06 Ivory Pearl 6MT. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2391481

Some pictures of mine.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Premier Member

Easy do you shopping online...Meaning get quotes from the dealership internet department. You can shop mulitple dealsherip without the haggle. Don't step into a dealership until you have a set price. Know your stuff...Credit score and know what you want and find out what's the invoice price...Don't go into a dealership unless you are ready to buy. If your on the internet they can't tell if your a girl or not so i suggest you have them commit to a price then go in. Bring a guy along it helps. Because they can still get you when it comes to the financing part...IE higher interest rates when you qualify for a lower one... GL

Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pay invoice or less. get all your #'s straight from edmunds.com and configured the way you like it. tell them about the '07 sedan and '08 coupe and that infiniti needs to move existing stock. prepared to be a b!tch if necessary, cuz us guys prepare to be assh0les if needed during negotiation.

gluck and keep us posted!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by hai109
Easy do you shopping online...Meaning get quotes from the dealership internet department. You can shop mulitple dealsherip without the haggle. Don't step into a dealership until you have a set price. Know your stuff...Credit score and know what you want and find out what's the invoice price...Don't go into a dealership unless you are ready to buy. If your on the internet they can't tell if your a girl or not so i suggest you have them commit to a price then go in. Bring a guy along it helps. Because they can still get you when it comes to the financing part...IE higher interest rates when you qualify for a lower one... GL
He is absolutely right. Shop around on the internet and get the best price possible. You can even go to the extent tell them what other dealerships are offering and telling them "you are closer and I'd like to buy from you if you can match or lower it a bit." Dealership hates it when their competition steals their potential sale and are very conscious about sales numbers. Be very comfident and tell them exactly what you want. The internet sales department will quote you the lowest price. After you have your mind set on one that you like, print the email and bring it to the dealership and they will 100% have to legally honor their quote. Watch out for the "paper work" fees or processing fees I forgot the terminology but it is pure dealer profit and have them take that off. Good luck and hope to see you soon on the forums!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by chirpychick
Hi guys,

I've been looking at the forums about everyday now and I've finally decided to buy a g35 coupe. Anyways, I've read most of the threads about negotiating with car dealers and I've come to the realization that One dealer even told me about a mark up on the 06's and I totally felt like they were trying to rip me off. Can you guys offer me some tips on how to get around this? or any good dealerships that will treat a girl right?

I really like the 06 Ivory Pearl 6MT and I'm trying to get it at invoice or under. Does that sound unreasonable in september?

SOS Please help!!!
I can hook you up with one around invoice, but I can't guarantee the color though. Please PM me pics of you and your contact info

Old 07-11-2006, 02:43 AM
research before hand what the publically posted invoice price is (www.edmunds.com / www.cars.com ), and use that as the reference point in negotiating $____ amount above invoice. This may or may not be the dealer's true invoice, but its a starting point that all dealers can agree with. Use the internet department and submit requests for quotes on exactly what you want (features/options/color), and wait for them to contact you.

What i found was most responses kept trying to get me on the phone or to get me to go into the dealership. I just ignored them and/or responded by email that i wanted to negotiate in writing until I found a quote I liked.

I took the lowest email quote I had and kept it as a safety, and tried to get the 2nd/3rd lowest quotes to beat it. if one of those dealerships beats the lowest quote, you can try to use that to ask the initial lowest quote to beat the new lowest quote.

If there is only one car of your color/options/etc, you are at a disadvantage. If you want it close to invoice/under on an in stock 06 when the 07's come out, be prepared to consider different colors/option packages. I went w/ custom ordering so it reduced dealership leverage (I could order w/ any dealership rather than being stuck w/ the one or two that had my color/option in stock).

My salesman from Mission Viejo was great, straightup and direct, no bs. My price was decent (not the best, 800 over invoice in feb, according to what other forum members reported getting) but the shopping experience was headache free and there was no hidden fees/charges to try to rip me off or to make more money. PM if you want his contact.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:45 AM
everyone here has said pretty much what u need to do, make sure u get ur price online that way they have to match it and another thing to watch out for, is those extra fees, someone else was talking about it but make sure u watch those fees, cause if they see that u r just talking about the car and price they might try to rip u on certain fees, so see what u can get quoted on for "out-the-door" price, so that way u wont get unexpexted fees that go over what u want, but they will try and screw u on those fees, well gl and enjoy ur new car hopefully, i just got an 04 ip, and loving it

Old 07-11-2006, 03:52 AM
Premier Member
Thats weird they never tried to rip me off. i thought it was easier for girls. You just have to let them know that you know what you are talking about and be confident about it.

Last edited by g35vixen; 07-11-2006 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:53 AM
being that i'm also a girl, i've run into some of the same problems. i think a lot of salesmen automatically assume that we don't know anything about cars or pricing.

the bottom line is you need to do your research and know your information. get some price quotes online and see who's willing to offer you the best deal. when i went into the actual dealership, i brought all of my paperwork with me - copy of my credit report, paycheck stubs and preapproval letter, to show them that i was ready to buy that day.

lastly, you have to be prepared to walk away if they aren't willing to budge on the pricing at all. it's hard (especially after seeing the car you want), but if they want the sale bad enough, they'll try and work something out with you.

my sales guy works in tustin and was really nice and helpful. let me know if you want his info. good luck!

Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Premier Member
I see your from L.A. Definitly stay away from Santa Monica Infiniti.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:59 AM
^+1 and Glendale infiniti too. I got mine @ Metro Infiniti. Really nice to deal with.
Like everyone said shop over the net and get them in to a bidding war. When you go in to buy it have your credit score so then don't screw you on the apr if you are financing.
Check this web site....http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html
it has a lot of valuable info.
All the best on your new toy.

Last edited by Rascal; 07-13-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM
oh yeah

https://vrir.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

use this beforehand to calculate what the fees from the DMV are going to be. That way you can double check your "out the door" price to make sure there arent dealer feels packaged in there.

Sometime's theres a 'documentation fee' or some other fee dealers will tack in there to pad their markup. go strictly w/ an out the door price and do your own math w/ the DMV fees to see if there offered price (___ over invoice) really matches up or if there's a fee hidden to pad their markup.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I just got my G35 (fully loaded) about a month ago for $300 over invoice. Best deal I could find here in SoCal (from LA to OC to SD). Great customer service too. The guys are really cool. PM me if you want to know where.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Just another LA opinion here - I got mine less than a month ago at South Bay for about $1K under invoice, and it was my first car purchase (though no, I'm not a girl). They didn't try to play any real games, though - just know your pricing beforehand, and make sure to get internet quotes from other dealers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Girls can't buy cars