Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Proper process for buying a used car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, where in pa?

I had to look for a while, most cars ended up being at least 1 hour from me.

How much are you looking to spend? I had a hard time finding sub 30k mileage cars for a reasonable price. I had a guy looking at the auctions for me, I could hook you up with him, he was a pretty straight up guy.

Cpu, i know there were a lot of cars listed on the car sites (in the long island city ny area) but I honestly shy away from dealers in philly, nyc, etc. One dealer who had a bunch listed for really low prices didn't seem too legit to me.

Originally Posted by Max_Powers
Hey,

I'm from PA as well and have been looking for a 05 or up g35coupe. Wow, how far are you driving to get this baby? It seems to me in order to get good deals you have to go pretty far.

I've been looking in the tri-state area but honestly I'm not finding any great deals here. If you guys have any tips on searching for an 05-06 manual with low mileage thats under 20k lemme know. I'd really appreciate it. I'm willing to go on a roadtrip to find one

Good luck with the car dude. I hope everything works out.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 240driver39
Nice, where in pa?

I had to look for a while, most cars ended up being at least 1 hour from me.

How much are you looking to spend? I had a hard time finding sub 30k mileage cars for a reasonable price. I had a guy looking at the auctions for me, I could hook you up with him, he was a pretty straight up guy.

Cpu, i know there were a lot of cars listed on the car sites (in the long island city ny area) but I honestly shy away from dealers in philly, nyc, etc. One dealer who had a bunch listed for really low prices didn't seem too legit to me.
+1. I agree. I am staying away from the NY dealers especially.

That's why I'd like to find a private seller or an Infiniti dealer.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in Philly. I've been looking and I've never really found the good deals that people talk about on here.

My budget used to be $15k but I realized I wouldn't find a low mileage 05-06 with that. So now its grown to around 18. I wanna get one with warranty cuz of the oil consumption issue but I realize as more time passes, there will be fewer and fewer 05s with warranty on them so I'm leaning more towards the 06s now. If the car is in good shape then I'm willing to stretch my budget. I'm happy with anything under 30k miles. O and it has to be 6MT

Yea I also know someone who goes to auctions but the prices he's seeing atleast at his auctions are outta my range. Maybe your contact has a better chance. I appreciate the help.

And yea don't get me started on NY dealers. KG Suzuki anyone?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Max powers, what exactly are you looking for?

Sheridan Nissan in DE has a g35 coupe with 20k miles for $21k I believe. I'm sure you can talk them down to $18-19k.

It's above my budget (I settled for higher mileage), so I haven't look into it much, just saw it in the newspaper.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the share cpufreak3. I just checked it out on their site and its an auto

I'm looking for one with manual transmission. If I have to I'll travel far to find one.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:44 AM
i am deployed right now and back in february i searched online to find the perfect g35 that i wanted,

black or red exterior
low miles
clean title
black/charcoal interior
navigation
6mt

i found one with all the above for 24k in florida i got a mechanic from autochex to go out and do a 150 pt inspection, i had my bank send the check to them and had the car shipped to my home in tn...the dealer sent my title to my house...

Old 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by cpufreak3
Yeah, I'm willing to drive 3 hrs max.

I'm really surprised there aren't better deals in the Philly area.

I suggest checking out NY - Long Island, NY City, and the surrounding area. I found quite a few up there.

Try cars.com with a large radius (150 miles). This works pretty well, but I found a ton more looking on craigslists in those major cities.

I know how you feel though, the tri-state area has quite a drought of g35's...
Agreed!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by infg35coupe
i am deployed right now and back in february i searched online to find the perfect g35 that i wanted,

black or red exterior
low miles
clean title
black/charcoal interior
navigation
6mt

i found one with all the above for 24k in florida i got a mechanic from autochex to go out and do a 150 pt inspection, i had my bank send the check to them and had the car shipped to my home in tn...the dealer sent my title to my house...
If you dont mind me asking How does one go about getting a mechanic from another state to go check a car located in that state on the buyers behalf?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
i went through carfax....

Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I think you are looking at a pretty good deal if the car was maintained properly. An Infiniti dealer will be able to check all services done at any dealer in the country. Also, when I bought my car in March, the independent (not Infiniti) dealer I worked with was able to pull up service records on my Maxima and see what was done to it. I believe he was accessing Nissan records, not sure how he did that.

Still, the price seems very fair if all checks out.