Canada Serving Canada.

Disappointed at Woodchester Collision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointed at Woodchester Collision

I got my Nismo Front and Veilside Sides recently, and the shop I've entrusted my coupe with was Woodchester Collision. I'd probably would've taken it to a custom shop, but I didn't know any in Mississauga. It seems like Woodchester Collision has dealt with alot of Infiniti cars, so I thought perhaps that was the best alternative. In addition, their "NO STRINGS" guarantee was also catching to me. Long story short, I allowed them TWO WEEKS to work on my coupe, I was quoted $1280 for the job on the Nismo Front and the Veilside Sides. When it comes the day to pick up my coupe, I was expecting perfection, but to realize I was only naive. The paint match was good, but the paint job was nowhere near perfect. I found a chunk (bubble) of over-layered clearcoat that I had to shave off myself. In addition, the left side-marker corner was sticking out about 0.5cm, and I was told that there was nothing they could do to make it fit flush with the bumper. They blamed the bumper for the fitting, but when I took my coupe home I popped out the side-marker corner, and realized it wouldn't fit flush with the bumper bec they didn't drill the holes big enough. So I grabbed my tools and took care of that. In the end, their "NO STRINGS" guarantee means nothing to me, bec after looking at the result I'd never take my coupe back there again. However, I'm to blame for leaving my coupe with them in the first place. I'm just unhappy with the work they've done for me and have to vent. Sorry guys.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that's very surprising to hear 'cause I've dealt with them a few times and have nothing bad to say about them. They recently did my Stillen sides and repainted them three times until they got a good paint match. The paintjob and body work were immaculate.

If you were not happy with the results, you should have pointed out the paint problem and they would have fixed it. Go back and talk to them. I know from experience they are reasonable people.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with Chico. You should give them the chance to fix the problems first. They are human after all. It seems you took the problems into your own hands and got frustrated in the process. However, I totally understand. You've been without your car for so long and don't want to send it back to the shop for another week when you have the know-how to do it yourself. I've had my bodykit painted 3 times over on my previous car (not by Woodchester, but I've heard good things about them) till it matched. The shop didn't hesitate to re-do it after I pointed out the ripples and blending flaws in daylight. If they were a reputable shop, they'll make sure your a happy customer because happy customers give refferals.

BTW - I thought Nismo kits are factory painted?

Old 10-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I think I should take you guy's advice, and give them a chance. It's just I keep getting this feeling that they're not really trying their best? I think the job could've been done in a full week at most one and a half. The rental itself cost me about $500. After splurging close to 1.3k for the job, the last thing I wanted to hear was that there was nothing they could do, and end up finding out the problem was just an easy fix. But you guys are right, they're only human and everyone deserves another chance. I think I will go back to them and see what they can do for me to put that smile back on my face. Who have you guys dealt with at Woodchester Collision? And thanks alot guys for watching out!!

Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by klubjunkee
I agree with Chico. You should give them the chance to fix the problems first. They are human after all. It seems you took the problems into your own hands and got frustrated in the process. However, I totally understand. You've been without your car for so long and don't want to send it back to the shop for another week when you have the know-how to do it yourself. I've had my bodykit painted 3 times over on my previous car (not by Woodchester, but I've heard good things about them) till it matched. The shop didn't hesitate to re-do it after I pointed out the ripples and blending flaws in daylight. If they were a reputable shop, they'll make sure your a happy customer because happy customers give refferals.

BTW - I thought Nismo kits are factory painted?

OH, my Nismo isn't the authentic. It's the poly replica from AutoMotiveMods. The holes were not pre-drilled, and that was one of my problem with Woodchester Infiniti. I can't come to the conclusion whether they were careless, or if the mistake was reasonable. I'm a very understanding guy myself, and alot of times I like to give others the benefit of doubt. I'm gonna bring my coupe back like you guys suggested. Hopefully, they'll be willing to work with me again and make me a satisfied customer. Thnx again for the advice guys.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rain1119
I think I should take you guy's advice, and give them a chance. It's just I keep getting this feeling that they're not really trying their best? I think the job could've been done in a full week at most one and a half. The rental itself cost me about $500. After splurging close to 1.3k for the job, the last thing I wanted to hear was that there was nothing they could do, and end up finding out the problem was just an easy fix. But you guys are right, they're only human and everyone deserves another chance. I think I will go back to them and see what they can do for me to put that smile back on my face. Who have you guys dealt with at Woodchester Collision? And thanks alot guys for watching out!!
Good luck with the followup visit, Rain.......Give them a chance to put that smile on your face again......I'm sure once they hear what you have to say, that they'll help.
Let us know how it goes....

Colin

Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rain1119
OH, my Nismo isn't the authentic. It's the poly replica from AutoMotiveMods. The holes were not pre-drilled, and that was one of my problem with Woodchester Infiniti. I can't come to the conclusion whether they were careless, or if the mistake was reasonable. I'm a very understanding guy myself, and alot of times I like to give others the benefit of doubt. I'm gonna bring my coupe back like you guys suggested. Hopefully, they'll be willing to work with me again and make me a satisfied customer. Thnx again for the advice guys.
I deal with Graham all the time. Great guy to deal with and will listen to your concerns. He's car fanatic himself and I've seen tons of jobs they've done on G's and 350Z's. Show him what you don't like and he'll look after you. BTW, a poly bumper has tendencies to bubble up in some spots more than others. I know the first time my Stillen sides were painted, they bubbled horribly. They had to strip it, re-treat it and re-paint it again. I agree with you about them taking too long. I normally set an appointment and establish a reasonable deadline to finish the work. That way they know they can't take on any other jobs to finish mine. In your case, they probably worked around your car, hence some of the oversights.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 AM
I had 3 of my doors replaced there for rust related work under warranty back in summer. They did a perfect job on one side in terms of matching the paint but the color on one of the doors was a little off. When I told them about it 3 months later (because I've been in and out of the country for work), they told me to bring the car back in, show it to them, and they'll re-do it to ensure the colors match. So far, I've been happy with them and I'll keep you guys posted on how everything ends.

On a side note, I know 427 Collision also does amazing work with body & paint work. It's by QEW and Kipling (or Islington) and their work is very well spoken of.