Canada Serving Canada.

Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod

With Jerry's (@ Yorkville Infiniti) recommendation, I installed a Hyper Voltage System in my G35 Coupe. I must admit that I had my doubts but after installing it and driving for about a week, I don't think I could drive without one now. My impressions are:

- Increased torque with smoother engine power delivery.
- Increased performance on the lower RPM range particularly in 5th and 6th gear.
- Better throttle response.
- Very very smooth and steady idling.
- Noticed a deeper exhaust note.
- Quicker ignition when starting the vehicle.
- I've also taken note of more consistency in performance when everything in the car (A/C, radio, wipers, lights, and other electrical accessories) is switched on. Noticeably better than before.
- About 10% increase in brighter headlights
- Increased highway gas mileage.
- Seems to compliment the hyper ground system that's already installed in the vehicle. I read that the hyper ground helps out the alternator and the hyper voltage helps out the battery.
- The G35 Coupe is fast for a sizeable and somewhat heavy sports tourer. This mod has added back that quickness (off the line as well) that was missing.

From my initial doubts to experience, this mod is definitely recommended which won't void warranty, easy to install and resulting in a noticeably well rounded performance increase.

There are three versions. I got the TYPE"MR"-Silver for Multi-range rev. Very easy to install (a DIY). The hardest part was looking for a small suitable space in the battery compartment.

For those G enthusiasts interested, contact Jerry at Yorkville Infiniti (Downtown Toronto): Tel. (416) 975-2623, jliu@dfcauto.com. He carries these units and can hook you up pronto.

Background Information:

High Performance Voltage Tuning Designed to utilize the latest technology to stabilize the voltage in your vehicle.

- H.V.S. can release your vehicle's full potencial

- H.V.S. is an innovative new product for harnessing the full potential of your vehicle's electrical system.

Check out a review at: http://www.sigmaautomotive.com:8080/HVS/hvs.asp

G35 Coupe 6MT Brilliant Silver
Tinted Windows
7 -Wire Hyper Ground System
Hyper Voltage System
Complete Front-end Clear Bra<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 03/10/04 12:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Re: Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod

how much? I'm assuming you need the grounding kit as well? If so, again how much?

Old 03-10-2004, 04:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've contacted Jerry for info and pricing. I'll let you know what I find out.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 AM

Opps...sorry for not posting the price before. I got it from Jerry for $260.00 plus tax.

Tinted Windows
Hyper Voltage System
Complete Front-end Clear Bra

Old 03-10-2004, 08:29 PM

Hmm $260 is not bad including installation. However, I think the grounding kit (HGS) is another $260 no?

Old 03-11-2004, 08:14 AM

Guys I have 2 in stock, these units require about 2-3 weeks delivery upon order. Install is fairly simple, just finding a nice home for this unit is the trick. If you would like one just let me know and I'll be more than happy to get a unit for you. Then the fun begins!

Jerry

Old 03-11-2004, 02:01 PM
O.F. Administrator

Just ordered one from Jerry, so he'll only have one left in stock now.
As you said- price is $260 + taxes + shipping/Insurance.
Only issue is finding room inside battery compartment. Should be a fun and worthwhile install.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:41 PM

I'm getting the HVS and HGS installed tomorrow from Jerry too, during the oil change service. Hopefully I can drive it all weekend to test it out...I'll keep you all posted.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:11 PM
O.F. Administrator

I look forward to hearing what you think of yours. You must have gotten the silver one Jerry mentioned to me. He sent a red one out for me today. Mine may be here tomorrow or Monday.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:44 PM

I asked for one this morning but he mentioned the two were sold (one must of been yours). However, a courier package came in this afternoon and there was another unit so lucky me. I didn't even consider the colour...guess I'll find out tomorrow. Do you have the grounding kit (HGS) already? I will only be able to tell you what I think based on both the HVS and HGS installed together. It would be interesting to hear what kind of difference the HVS makes alone...

Old 03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
O.F. Administrator

Yes I've got the Grounding Kit already and was very impressed with that too. I'm hoping the HVS is equally impressive. My 7 wire G/K came from InSaNeAmine in Louisiana, and I was one of the first (here) to do the mod.
My HVS is coming by Canada Post-- the shipping cost, including insurance, is $10.
Jerry sounded very positive on this mod and assured me we'd be very happy with it.
Sounds exciting and i'm looking forward to it. We'll have to compare notes at the Square One meet at the end of the month........

Old 03-12-2004, 01:10 AM

I'll you guys at the next meet with your installs. I'll see if I can post a few pictures of my own install so everyone can get a better idea of a location in the battery compartment. I had to play around for about an hour before I found my spot. Hope I can help others save some time.

Tinted Windows
Hyper Voltage System
Complete Front-end Clear Bra

Old 03-12-2004, 07:44 PM

jandc,

Got them on your G yet? Can't wait to hear another review [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Grounding Kit
GruppeM Intake
Fujitsubo Cat-back + Y-pipe
19" NISMO LM GT4

Old 03-13-2004, 02:45 AM

Yes the HVS and HGS are installed...but dammit by the time I got home it was snowing and I had just put my summer rims/tires back on! Arrgh stupid weather forecast. So I couldn't really drive hard and had to drive extra slow. However, here are my initial findings so far:
- the headlights ARE noticeably brighter
- ignition and start up no difference
- idle seems smoother/quieter
- acceleration is noticeably smoother and throttle is more responsive
- could not determine any change in HP and torque

Hopefully the weather conditions will allow me to really push the car and I can give a better review.

Note that I cannot attribute my findings to just the HVS and HGS alone because I think the ECU might have been reset too during the installation when the battery was disconnected (all my radio station presets were gone and the clock was off about an hour). Sorry wish I could of eliminated all the variables.

I'll try to take pictures of the install tomorrow though. It was buried deep in the battery compartment somewhere...

Old 03-13-2004, 11:12 PM

Okay took the car for another spin today and it definitely feels different - a little smoother and more responsive. I really did not notice an increase in HP and torque though. I think dyno can only tell. Again, whether it was attributable to the HVS or HGS or ECU reset I don't know. Perhaps those who have the grounding kit already and are adding the HVS without resetting the ECU can say. I think this was the case for duhprez?

Anyways, took the plastic battery compartment cover off to take some pics of the install. The unit fits snuggly wedged at the very top left corner of the battery compartment:

207920-hvs34s.JPG

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper Voltage System-Recommended Mod