Canada Serving Canada.

Where to buy G35 Coupe parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Where to buy G35 Coupe parts?

Hi guys,

I live in Ottawa. My G needs some new parts including front wheel bearing and a whole set of brake pads and rotors.

The local car shop told me the OEM parts are very expensive, so I checked online and found that Z1 Motorsports has some cheap parts. But the import tax charge is a lot.

Also I have noticed a very cheap shop in Ottawa called AutoShack. The rotors and pads set is only CAD200 there. I showed this wbsite to the mechanic and he said they are unreliable.

Does any of you guys know how is AutoShack? And do you have any recommendations of where to buy relatively cheap and reliable parts?

Many thanks for you guys!

Old 09-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
I'm assuming autoshack is no different than autozone in the states. If so then you'll be fine with the parts from there. They may have their own house brand of parts but you should be able to get other makers of parts as well

Old 09-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
I'm assuming autoshack is no different than autozone in the states. If so then you'll be fine with the parts from there. They may have their own house brand of parts but you should be able to get other makers of parts as well
Thanks for replying!

i am wondering how much difference of performance is there between cheap and expensive brake pads and rotors? And how much life difference?

Old 09-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffZZZ
Thanks for replying!

i am wondering how much difference of performance is there between cheap and expensive brake pads and rotors? And how much life difference?
Rotors are round, don't over think them... but coated ones don't rust like non-coated.

Brake pad choice is everything. Spend your money on good pads or you will have **** feel.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (09-29-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Rotors are round, don't over think them... but coated ones don't rust like non-coated.

Brake pad choice is everything. Spend your money on good pads or you will have **** feel.
Oh really? Did you mean I can by rotors and pads of different brands? I was think about buying a kit of rotors and pads.
if I buy cheap rotors and expensive pads, will they work perfectly?

Old 09-30-2018, 01:53 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Cheap rotors have more of a tendency to warp.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
You'll be fine with cheap rotors if you drive like a normal person, and the worst case is you'll warp your rotors. If you're beating the crap out of the car Centric blank rotors are re branded StopTechs and cost $50 each in the states ordered online, and they're top quality. I put them on my 04 coupe and so far they've been holding up great with a couple auto crosses. When I installed them I did a couple ABS-engaged 120-55 stops in a row just for fun and they held up great with no fade.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by cswlightning
You'll be fine with cheap rotors if you drive like a normal person, and the worst case is you'll warp your rotors. If you're beating the crap out of the car Centric blank rotors are re branded StopTechs and cost $50 each in the states ordered online, and they're top quality. I put them on my 04 coupe and so far they've been holding up great with a couple auto crosses. When I installed them I did a couple ABS-engaged 120-55 stops in a row just for fun and they held up great with no fade.
Thanks man. Do you have recommended brand? Cheaper rotors and quality pads?

Old 10-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
You got a recommendation right above. Personally I just go for autozone coated ones.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Z1 and concept z are both reliable. But for most routine maintenance I have ordered parts from rockauto.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:22 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You need to decide exactly what performance level you need in your brake pads, an OEM pad will have little noise, little dust, long life, little bite, and significant fade. A perfomance pad will be harsh, noisy, dusty, wear quickly, excellent bite and have very little fade. There's many levels between those two extremes so the "right pad" depends entirely on what the car is used for and how you drive, if you do a lot of sustained braking on downhill grades or mountain passes or just live in a town with a lot of really steep terrain then I'd probably jump to a slightly more agressive pad. If you live in Florida and the highest "hill" climbs a mere 200ft and you drive normally then OEM pads will probably be your best choice.

I don't mean an OEM replacement pad I mean an ACTUAL OEM brake pad, I've never had good luck with house-brand budget pads.

If you want a little step up over OEM the Hawk HPS is a good pad that doesn't generate too much dust, if you want a moderate step in performance or ever take your car to the track and don't mind dust the Hawk HP+ is fantastic and not TOO noisy, I'm running HP+ right now but I drive through a lot of moderate grade hills with loooooooooooong downhill descent and generally drive my car pretty hard.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:39 AM
Right now it's a bone stock Coupe with the unfortunate fate of having an Automatic Transmission
Come in and see me at the new Infiniti Dealership

Originally Posted by JeffZZZ
Hi guys,

I live in Ottawa. My G needs some new parts including front wheel bearing and a whole set of brake pads and rotors.

The local car shop told me the OEM parts are very expensive, so I checked online and found that Z1 Motorsports has some cheap parts. But the import tax charge is a lot.

Also I have noticed a very cheap shop in Ottawa called AutoShack. The rotors and pads set is only CAD200 there. I showed this wbsite to the mechanic and he said they are unreliable.

Does any of you guys know how is AutoShack? And do you have any recommendations of where to buy relatively cheap and reliable parts?

Many thanks for you guys!
This was an older post but if you're looking for any recommendations come and see me at the New Infiniti Dealership on Huntclub, I'm in the parts dept and spend all my time researching parts for the G's especially regarding aftermarket brakes and such.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
eBay works surprisingly well if you're on a budget.