Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Is Black a mistake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
minor swirls dont ruin black, and with a decent wax job and the right equipment you'll be ok. itll still look amazing.

if your a perfectionist id imagine you'd be driven to keep it clean all the time.
imo the real question is if the OP really would wash the car often enough (at least once a week if it doesnt rain much and isnt that dusty in Az)

anyway only he can answer that.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG
I don't think I will wash it every week. I was one of the first in my area to get the New 350Z when it first came out and love to wash/wax it, but still only found the time to do it once or twice a month.
There is your answer but you don't want to believe it.

You might, at first, try to wash it often but you will more than likely fall back into your old routine. And as far as washing goes your washing technique better be great. In other words you won't be able to hose it down and run a towel over it really quick to wash it. You will have to carefully wash small sections at time taking your time with the whole process.

In your case I say black IS a mistake.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
Chrome might reflect color just a bit better . But show me a chrome G and ill show you a pimp. Every chrome car has a pimp Behind it.

How about this one.....May be a repost but still cool

Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
i have ip becaues im a really big fan of pearl white...plus black is a pain...but a week after i got mine my co-worker got his in OB...He is just as **** with his car as me and we both work at nissan so we are constantly washing and waxing in our prep department. Whats funny is his reaction to my car is exactly like mine to his car...when i see his and its freshly waxed and clean i say wow damn i never realized how nice the car is in black...when he looks at mine he says wow damn i never realized how nice it is in white lol. I can lie though when his is clean there really is no matching the deep shine of a black car. It definatly is a bitch though because sometimes when im in a rush ill just soap and spray it down then just wipe dry it...where he HAS to wax it otherwise it looks like crap.

But hands down black is definatly gorgeous.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm very sure I'm going to get a 08 coupe. I love the looks of black, but have never owned a black car and have heard about it's showing dirt and swirls, etc. I also live in Arizona and worry about the heat. but it looks so cool!!

Is Black a mistake.
practically everyone has black...

Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Black.
A pain to keep clean, but like others have said, "worth it".

Old 01-24-2007, 12:20 PM
get black...when you see your car all waxed up at night...you'll know you made the right choice

Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Black car = 3x amount of time to maintain the look

Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Coupe
...I had a black maxima once... :'(

Old 01-24-2007, 01:45 PM
its a PITA, but it has its benefits. plus.. did i mention it looks sexier? yeee!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Go for OB if that's what you want most. Just be sure to use good towels and washing/waxing habits. We've all seen the bad swirls on an otherwise new, clean black car. It might as well be dirty, despite the effort the owner put into cleaning/waxing it.

Hit the website for Zaino polish and read the tips section. This info is a must-read, reagardless of what wax/polish you choose. Otherwise, you'll spend twice the effort to get sub-par results. Black can look great, but you can also make it look like dung without the proper car-care knowledge.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM
black is an awesum color on the g coupe but a royal pain in the butt to maintain...if u dont mind the upkeep and extra heat associated with the color in a hot sunny climate.....go for it.......its not for me anymore.........

Old 01-24-2007, 04:36 PM
i would only buy black if i was leasing a car...i owned a black car and the paint requires a lot of attention and detail to get it looking perfect....other colors require less attention and still look great, while "hiding" imperfections

Old 01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
i have a black on black g in texas, it doesnt get dirty too fast (no rain most of the year) but I wash every weekend just like i did my old red maxima, looks nice, haven't had it long though, so i havent tried to survive the summer yet...dark tint is on the way

Old 01-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm very sure I'm going to get a 08 coupe. I love the looks of black, but have never owned a black car and have heard about it's showing dirt and swirls, etc. I also live in Arizona and worry about the heat. but it looks so cool!!

Is Black a mistake.

I also live in Arizona and it is a royal pain in the A$$ to keep my 03' BO g35 cpe clean, heat isnt the factor its cleaning it, i have to whipe it down once a day with micro fiber towels, and your rear bumper will be the wost it colects all the dirt!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Black a mistake?