Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
If you want to remove more swirls I'd suggest doing a slightly different polishing combination. The Pro Polish is a good product but it may not have enough polishing power for you and an orange pad is probably not an ideal combination.

PC - orange pad with the Meguiar's M105
PC - white pad with the Meguiar's M205

This will help reveal a deeper shine and a more vibrant looking clear coat. After using the M105 and M205 then you can use the Wet Mirror with a black pad and follow up with the 845 with a black or blue pad. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Greg @ DI

Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a darker colored car. I was wondering what waxes you would recommend. I've currently looking at a Black Fire Wet Diamond sealant finishing off with either Dodo Juice Purple Haze or Blue Velvet wax.

thanks

Old 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Greg

For the door handles on the G35, mine are a silver shiny color, different that than the car's paint. Should I use a metal polish on this or just regular wax? I'm not sure what material this is made of.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I am getting ready to detail my engine bay which I have never done before. (Just spot clean it with quick detailer once in a blue moon) I want to hose it down...will I be ok with just wrapping the intake filter and the alternator? Is there anything else I need to cover up? And what products do you recommend I use for this? Thanks very much!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by stinkytofu89
I have a darker colored car. I was wondering what waxes you would recommend. I've currently looking at a Black Fire Wet Diamond sealant finishing off with either Dodo Juice Purple Haze or Blue Velvet wax.

thanks
Honestly those are two outstanding options that will make any dark color look overly glossy and shinny. I'm confident you'll love both! The main difference between them is the hard vs soft which you can read more about here - http://www.detailedimage.com/Dodo-Juice-Pick-Wax/.

Greg @ DI

Old 09-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by V's G
Hi Greg

For the door handles on the G35, mine are a silver shiny color, different that than the car's paint. Should I use a metal polish on this or just regular wax? I'm not sure what material this is made of.

Thanks
Most likely it's a coated plastic of some kind, but you'd have to send me some pics or provide the material to be sure. Once I have that info I should be able to help you get the right car care product for the job.

Greg @ DI

Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by threatcon07
I am getting ready to detail my engine bay which I have never done before. (Just spot clean it with quick detailer once in a blue moon) I want to hose it down...will I be ok with just wrapping the intake filter and the alternator? Is there anything else I need to cover up? And what products do you recommend I use for this? Thanks very much!
It's actually easier than most people think. To be extra cautious you can cover up the intake, alternator and any exposed electrical connections. However the modern day engine bay is meant to withstand a lot of moisture so it shouldn't an issue, but it never hurts to be extra cautious. The engine bay care section of our detailing guide is a great read and it has several good pictures to help you out with.

Greg @ DI

Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My ivory white color has lots of rough spots. its not smooth. how do i remove it? I don't know how to explain it, but staying at one place for long time, it has got plenty of tree wax or something. Please advise on how to remove it. I washed the car with clean water, but it didn't go away.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on the 303 aerospace. I saw on the detailedimage site it only says protectant n nothing about cleaning. And 303 makes a vinyl cleaner. Do I need to clean the dash before I apply the 303 aerospace or can it be applied to a dirty dash. By dirty I mean dusty n finger prints. Just curious before I put my order in.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35_white
My ivory white color has lots of rough spots. its not smooth. how do i remove it? I don't know how to explain it, but staying at one place for long time, it has got plenty of tree wax or something. Please advise on how to remove it. I washed the car with clean water, but it didn't go away.

Thanks
have you tried using claybar?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by g35_white

Thanks
The DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube should be the perfect combo for you. This clay lube and bar are a great way to remove light sap build ups, light tar build ups, road grim, bug splats, etc. After washing just mist a little of the clay lube (aka Spray and Wipe) on the paint and glide the bar side to side and it picks up the contaminants. Remold the clay so it's flat like a pancake and repeat on the rest of the exterior. You can even use it on glass and wheels if they need a similar cleaning.

Greg @ DI

The following users liked this post:
g35_white (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by drinknother1
Question on the 303 aerospace. I saw on the detailedimage site it only says protectant n nothing about cleaning. And 303 makes a vinyl cleaner. Do I need to clean the dash before I apply the 303 aerospace or can it be applied to a dirty dash. By dirty I mean dusty n finger prints. Just curious before I put my order in.
Generally speaking I prefer to clean the surface with something like the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover. If the surface just has a really light coating of dust you can use a good microfiber towel and the 303 Aerospace Protectant to remove the dust and protect the surface.

Greg @ DI

Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
The DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube should be the perfect combo for you. This clay lube and bar are a great way to remove light sap build ups, light tar build ups, road grim, bug splats, etc. After washing just mist a little of the clay lube (aka Spray and Wipe) on the paint and glide the bar side to side and it picks up the contaminants. Remold the clay so it's flat like a pancake and repeat on the rest of the exterior. You can even use it on glass and wheels if they need a similar cleaning.

Greg @ DI
Do i use this after washing the car or before washing the car? Thanks

Also is the clay reusuable or one-time use?

Last edited by g35_white; 09-22-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, i have another ? For you. This time on ONR wash. I see your site says its good for winter. Does that mean its safe to wash a vehicle with salt buildup on it without scratching or damaging my paint? Like a black truck that is half white. Or just a lightly dirty car. Im looking for an alternative to an auto wash and cheaper than getting a hand wash for a Chicago winter. Also do you dry the car like normal after the ONR wash. Thanks

Last edited by drinknother1; 09-23-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Detailed Image

Greg @ DI
Hi, i am about to order this clay, but i have a question. Will this work on windshield too or do i need to use something else to remove dots on windshield? Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...