Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Blue Jeans dye on my leather...help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Jeans dye on my leather...help!!!

Hello all,

Anyone else has stains from blue jeans on stone leather? I don't seem to be able to get rid of it no matter what I use (Lexol, Meguire, etc...). Any advise? Thanks!

Old 01-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
claybar, jk dont try that or maybe at your own risk. Thats a tough one, good luck. I never got the stains from jeans on a white wallet, i even washed it 3 times.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Were they new? Usually with blue jeans, there is a sticker saying to wash before wearing because they may stain other fabrics / leathers they come in contact with!

speacially the ones that are made to look worn etc... diesel, seven, etc...

Old 01-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hear you jason, but Ive had a pair that bled for 10 plus washings! Not all high end chains say this, unsaid rules i guess

Old 01-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:-/

All my cars have always had black fabric or leather so I would never know if mine bled I suppose...

Stone interior I would be afraid to get in after work with how dirty I get some times...

Not sure what to say then if a pair of jeans have been washed that much...

:-/

Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately no they were not new. I would say at least 10 washes...I had just been out at a club dancing which caused me to sweat and make the jeans somewhat "wet". The last thing that crossed my mind is that I was going to stain my seat, since my previous cars had had black/dark leather. I've learned a lesson, no more light leather for me in the future

Old 01-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Strong Effect Cleaner - highly efficient for cleaning leather that is very dirty (will also clean ‘blue jean stains) and water based stains of any kind. Clothing dye n ormally shows as a greyish bloom in seat area. This is usually caused by dark dye transferring from clothing. Particularly avoid brand new (ie never been washed) denim jeans, damp knitwear etc (for regular cleaning use Soft Cleaner)

2. Alternative cleaning solution - use a formula that is used by one of the major tanneries to clean their leather - 3% Woolite, 10% Isopropyl alcohol and the balance distilled water.

3. The Ink Remover (Protected Leathers only) is designed for removal of recent (within 48 hours) ink contamination. Ink marks older than 3-5 days may not respond or will only be lightened. The biodegradable formula is very easy to use (wax-like stick container) and works well for all types of ink as well as lipstick - http://www.topoftheline.com

Old 01-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by TOGWT
1. Strong Effect Cleaner - highly efficient for cleaning leather that is very dirty (will also clean ‘blue jean stains) and water based stains of any kind. Clothing dye n ormally shows as a greyish bloom in seat area. This is usually caused by dark dye transferring from clothing. Particularly avoid brand new (ie never been washed) denim jeans, damp knitwear etc (for regular cleaning use Soft Cleaner)

2. Alternative cleaning solution - use a formula that is used by one of the major tanneries to clean their leather - 3% Woolite, 10% Isopropyl alcohol and the balance distilled water.

3. The Ink Remover (Protected Leathers only) is designed for removal of recent (within 48 hours) ink contamination. Ink marks older than 3-5 days may not respond or will only be lightened. The biodegradable formula is very easy to use (wax-like stick container) and works well for all types of ink as well as lipstick - http://www.topoftheline.com
Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that what I need is the Strong Effect Cleaner...where could I purchased this? I made a search online and it seems like it's a European product. Thanks again!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I know in the past a few people had great success with Mr Clean's Magic Eraser.......Caution.....it can be aggressive and abrasive.

I remember a post a while back where somebody's jeans turned a willow color seat all blue. I believe it removed 90%.

JUST USE CAUTION NOT TO REMOVE ANY OF THE SEATS COLOR.........

Heres the link to the thread.................

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...n+magic+eraser

Last edited by GR8TG35; 01-06-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I myself used a nail brush to remove grime off a leather seat with a 1/10 of purple power. Work good for me. Try that.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
I know in the past a few people had great success with Mr Clean's Magic Eraser.......Caution.....it can be aggressive and abrasive.

I remember a post a while back where somebody's jeans turned a willow color seat all blue. I believe it removed 90%.

JUST USE CAUTION NOT TO REMOVE ANY OF THE SEATS COLOR.........

Heres the link to the thread.................

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...n+magic+eraser
This information is correct...it took some of the blue off, but it also took a tiny bit of seat color off and therefore I stopped using it. I'll learn to live with a little bit of blue lol

Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i feel you on this one. i wear raw denim that bleed a lot. and with raw denim, it's recommended that you dont wash for a year! but the bleeding does stop.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that what I need is the Strong Effect Cleaner...where could I purchased this? I made a search online and it seems like it's a European product. Thanks again!
Leather Master, US - .http://www.topoftheline.com / - http://www.leatherworldtech.com/
Leather Master UK – http://www.leathermasteruk.com/

Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd love to hear second opinions on the products/techniques described by TOGWT. My stone interior has a similar problem which I previously had removed by a professional but over the year+ since has slowly become restained. The 'stong effect cleaner' sounds the most promising even though the website describes it as taking more than one application.
Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Another option is to use a Mr. Clean magic sponge to carefully scrub away the dye. Don't overdue it though because it has abrasives in it which can rub away the topcoat of the leather

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue Jeans dye on my leather...help!!!