Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car Wash is prohibitied?? *#%$ home association

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I agree, the nice thing about our HOA is the board is made up of residents, who you can talk to. It is run by a professional outfit that specializes in HOA's. Is it possible the car washing is banned due to water shortages or anything like that?

The thing I like about this HOA is people have to keep their property looking good, I've had it up to my neck with living in a neighborhood where I was the only person who kept their yard and house looking good. No one automatically gets fined for anything, you get two warning notices, and even then you can plead your case it seems!

As I mentioned, the HOA fee doesn't cover water. (By the way, HOA is running by company name keystonpacific) I am paying my own water bill.
Water is not a problem.

They banned car wash just to community look nice. I don't know how much look ugly car washing can be. (I am smiling when I wash car ) Also HOA point out, there is water run off issue. It seems banning car wash is common in southern California. (Especially Rancho Cucamonga)

I will stick with rinseless wash. And this rinseless wash looks good for me.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why is going to the car wash so bad. i just use the spray i dont use the brush. i use a mit.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skfnxh
As I mentioned, the HOA fee doesn't cover water. (By the way, HOA is running by company name keystonpacific) I am paying my own water bill.
Water is not a problem.

They banned car wash just to community look nice. I don't know how much look ugly car washing can be. (I am smiling when I wash car ) Also HOA point out, there is water run off issue. It seems banning car wash is common in southern California. (Especially Rancho Cucamonga)
I will stick with rinseless wash. And this rinseless wash looks good for me.
That's what I meant, perhaps it's more of a municipal issue.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BS...Unless you signed a HOA form agreeing to that, then you don't have to abide by it...Especially, if its a new rule that you were not allowed to personally vote on...

Old 04-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMCFE
BS...Unless you signed a HOA form agreeing to that, then you don't have to abide by it...Especially, if its a new rule that you were not allowed to personally vote on...
The problem with that is, some people don't bother voting when they get the chance, and then they complain later when the rule is enacted!.
Now, if it indeed was in the rules that he should have read and signed, then I'd guess he's SOL.