Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

I don't know if I could ever be a pro detailer!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I could ever be a pro detailer!!

OK..my garnet ember baby got a full..I mean full detail this weekend.

Wash
Clay
Wash
Menzerna PO106ff Polish
Chem Guys EZ Glaze
Jet Seal Sealant Coat 1
Wheel Polish
Jet Seal Sealant Coat 2
Tire Dressing
Chem Guys 50/50 Wax Coat 1
Invisible Glass
Chem Guys 50/50 Wax Coat 2
Poor Boys Leather Stuff
303 Protectant for the Dash
It still got dusty so I used an anti static Qdetailer with no wax to knock the dust off.

First of all, I used a PC for the polish and it took forever so I hand applied the glaze, sealant and wax. It took me 13 hours..yes, 13..I mean..I love the way she looks..love it..but my gosh, I can't do that all the time. And I don't know if I could devote that effort to a car that wasn't mine. Not to mention, I would make 0 money at that kind of pace. Plus I was when it started raining on the way to work this morning.

And I used way more product than I think I should have based on some of the stuff I have read in the forum. I love the way my car looks..but gosh, that was a huge time investment.

Anyway..thanks for the rant..here's the result!

Attached Thumbnails I don't know if I could ever be a pro detailer!!-img_0180-web.jpg   I don't know if I could ever be a pro detailer!!-img_0182-web.jpg  
Old 05-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Looks amazing, great job! The great thing is, with proper washing and drying techniques now, you won't have to do that for a long time. Wash, wax or seal every month or so, and you'll be good to go.

And I know its a long time...but man isn't it satisfying to see how much your baby shines!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks..that's what I am hoping..just wash/dry the right way with a little sealant/wax mainteance and she should keep looking this pretty. It is a great feeling..and to be 100% honest, I think she got a few.maybe 5 extra horses out of the detail job!!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:39 PM
great job, bro... and that's about the right amount of time that it would take... i just did my mercedes yesterday and it took forever but afterwards i just couldnt stop looking at the mirror-like reflection...

Old 05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats about right, but now you can break the steps up so you won't have to dedicate as much time in one weekend. Polish 2-3 panels each time you wash which shouldn't take more than an hour or so, and the entire car will always be maintained well.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I can relate, I did close to the same process, but only one coat of FJM and two coats of Poorboy's on a 350Z and 540i. Both turned out perfect and look outstanding. The beading on the Natty's is excellent, but I think I am going back to the P21S for metallics and pearls.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by dreamcatchr
great job, bro... and that's about the right amount of time that it would take... i just did my mercedes yesterday and it took forever but afterwards i just couldnt stop looking at the mirror-like reflection...

Thanks..I appreciate it..it is well worth it in the end. I do keep looking at her..every chance I got today

Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Thats about right, but now you can break the steps up so you won't have to dedicate as much time in one weekend. Polish 2-3 panels each time you wash which shouldn't take more than an hour or so, and the entire car will always be maintained well.
That's a good idea..2-3 panels with each wash..good point. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by blueboxer
I can relate, I did close to the same process, but only one coat of FJM and two coats of Poorboy's on a 350Z and 540i. Both turned out perfect and look outstanding. The beading on the Natty's is excellent, but I think I am going back to the P21S for metallics and pearls.

It sprinkled rain on the way to work and the beading was awsome. Since the car wasn't dusty, it was fine when work was over (I park in a garage). The garnet ember looks like it has metallic flakes in it..so I'll give the P21S a look. Thanks for the comment.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by mthowell
It sprinkled rain on the way to work and the beading was awsome. Since the car wasn't dusty, it was fine when work was over (I park in a garage). The garnet ember looks like it has metallic flakes in it..so I'll give the P21S a look. Thanks for the comment.
I have not decided to step up to the big leagues with Pinnacle due to the need for constant waxing in my dry environment, but I was really happy with the clarity of P21S. Natty's is what I am sticking with throughout the summer, but once Fall rolls around I am switching to something more high end. Perhaps the new P21S:

P21S 100% Carnauba Wax

The 50/50 looks awesome by the way.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Incredible job.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Scrooge
Incredible job.
Thanks.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
looks awesome bro!

I'm planning on claying, and beginning to polish Friday, try to finish it saturday then apply a sealant, let it cure and apply some Natty's red wax Sunday. It will take me the better part of a weekend, so its hard to muster the energy, but I need to do it now before it gets any hotter.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Agreed..it was beautiful here in the Lou this past weekend..if you use Jet seal from chem guys..it's only a 15 minute wait to wipe off, then only 20 minutes between coats or before you can apply your wax. Maybe it will speed things up for you. And you can enjoy your Sunday and Memorial Day.

And you're right..it is hard to muster the energy..but it is sooo worth it. It was the most songs I have gotten through in one time on my ipod..heard a lot of 'new to me' songs! Good luck.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks for sharing your results with us. The car looks stunning, lots of depth and gloss out of that combo.

During maintenance mode, you shouldn't need much more than an hour or so, maybe up to two if you're applying another coat of wax. As long as your utilize the proper washing and drying techniques as TheIvoryG mentioned, you shouldn't have to polish for quite some time.

Excellent work.

George

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I don't know if I could ever be a pro detailer!!