Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Returning Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Returning Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash

I also live in S. Florida and I use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and it works fine, and that's that I use is in direct sun. About the dirt sticking to the mitt, I through those mitts into the washing machine with a dab of soap, comes right off, the mitts always look brand new

Old 07-10-2004, 12:58 PM

Good idea on the sponges...thanks. btw - you may want to give those Big Blue II towels a try; after using one and spending less time and effort to wash/dry your car, you probably won't use the Mr. Clean system again...this towel is just amazing! Plus, the Big Blue II towel won't change the nice water beading on your perfectly waxed G35! Just a thought. ;-)

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-15-2004, 10:01 AM

bump.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 08-20-2004, 01:31 AM

I also tried the Mr. Clean auto-dry on my dad's S500. We were in Las Vegas, and I waited all day to try it out. Considering it was about 110+ degrees out there, I had to wait till after the sun started to go down to actually start washing the car. Initially, I thought the soap was messed up, as it didn't even sud. It would lifelessly just roll off the car and left little small white bubbles. So then after soaping the car down, I switched it to the "Ionized" water spray and I sprayed the car down and waited. Water marks appeared. I was pretty pissed but then I realized that it might be the hard water we get in Vegas.

Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 AM

Mine worked fine during the winter in Phoenix, but it quit working (even with a new filter) once it got warm (upper 80’s to low 90’s). I think it just can’t work in the heat, but I’ll try it again when it finally cools down.

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 08-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hydrostore.com/

Try the Revolutionizer. You have to scroll down a bit to see it, but it does work. It's a simple mini-deionizer. The front nose section does separate from the spray nozzle so you can use just the nozzle to do the wash and then screw on the deionizer when you are ready to do the spot free rinse. Just a bit of warning, the spot free rinse pressure will be much lighter than you might be used to so it takes a bit longer to do the spot free rinse than say at your local self-serve carwash. But this product does work(as good as a salf serve car washes spot free rinse anyways. I bought one for a friend of mine and we used it on both our cars many times. It will eventually run out and you can see the pellets inside eventually get dissolved entirely, but it lasted us nearly a year. The deionizer portion can also screw on any standard garden hose fitting so you can use it with any nozzle that has that fitting. The nozzle that comes with it is a cheap plastic one that works, but some may not like it.