Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Spray-On Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Spray-On Wax

I read multiple threads on here with regards to soap, tire cleaners and brighteners, "wax on and was off" waxes, etc. But have not found anything with regards to the spray-on waxes or protectants used for the quick washes in which you dont have much time to do heavy detail.

Now I've heard of a few brands and such recommended by the local auto store representatives, but I still dont trust their recommendations versus what you guys might suggest or recommend. I know most of you guys really know your stuff based on personal experience and actual comparison use.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated guys.

Oh and by the way, if this is of any relevance, my G is DG in color.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
As far as spray on Carnubas, I haven't personally used anything better than Optimum Car Wax.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't really approve of spray-on wax. It doesnt add as much protection. The only one I'd "recommend" is Meguiar's, but that's all personal opinion. If you don't have the time to wax, wait for a better time to do it right.

My .02

Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Optimum is good. But I've been using the Duragloss Aqua spray on. Mainly because it's available though retails stores. It doesn't last long but for the 10 min it takes to apply, it gives about a month of wax.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by phunkenstein
I don't really approve of spray-on wax. It doesnt add as much protection. The only one I'd "recommend" is Meguiar's, but that's all personal opinion. If you don't have the time to wax, wait for a better time to do it right.

My .02
I know what you mean about not offering "as much protection". But that is why I mentioned to use in between waxes. I'm sure you dont fully wax your car at every car wash session you do right? Unless you dont wash it that frequently.

I usually try to wash my car once or twice a week. Dont think I would want to fully wax the car that often. I'd kill myself tired. So that's why I figured dropping a good spray on wax couldn't really harm the situation.

Thanks for the tip on Meguiar's.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
As far as spray on Carnubas, I haven't personally used anything better than Optimum Car Wax.
+1 Optimum Car Wax is one of the best I've tried.

George

Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Is Optimum Car Wax ONLY available through online/mail order, or is available like at some local retailer (ex. PepBoys, AutoZone, Walmart, etc.)?

Thanks again guys!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
how about jeff werkstatt's acrylic jet? they make it in a spray, it's not a wax, but a sealant, but it'll give you longer protection than a wax..

Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I guess I'm not understanding the circumstances. Do you want to use this spray on wax every time you wash your car??? If you have properly sealed your car before, you wouldnt have to add any other 'wax' more after washing. A good wax can provide protection for 2-4 months and a good sealant can last up to 6 months (well, those are just my observations, others have experienced longer periods).

Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm with dreamcathr. I haven't found the need for spray on waxes because the wax I use lasts forever. I'm using collinite and after many car washes the stuff just won't come off.

I started this thread a while ago searching for the longest lasting sealant.

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-de...s-longest.html

Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are looking for a locally available spray wax, I would suggest Meguair's new Ultimate Quick Wax. It can be done in about 10 minutes and is abolutely easy to use. It costs about $10 and should last a long time.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't think you are looking for a wax. You sound like you need a quick detailer, some have gloss agents which will restore your cars newly waxed shine and keep it looking great. It's also easier and faster.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
+1 for optimum car wax. i detail cars and i personally use optimum car wax on my own vehicle. this **** flat out WORKS and is amazing for a spray wax. dont dog on it til you use it.

dont waste your money on meguiars wax or anything OTC

Last edited by NAT@FFTec; 03-16-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NAT@FFTec
+1 for optimum car wax. i detail cars and i personally use optimum car wax on my own vehicle. this **** flat out WORKS and is amazing for a spray wax. dont dog on it til you use it.

dont waste your money on meguiars or anything OTC

I've heard this before, where do you buy it from? A local Auto Zone or Pep Boys??

Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by ZIG35
Is Optimum Car Wax ONLY available through online/mail order, or is available like at some local retailer (ex. PepBoys, AutoZone, Walmart, etc.)?

Thanks again guys!
www.ecocarcare.net

optimum is really good stuff

their no rinse wash stuff is awesome too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Spray-On Wax