Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help!!! Debadge gone wrong!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
The waterless spray clean systems that those dudes at gas stations try to hustle work well also.

Spray clean and a piece of soft rubber, in my instance a rubber keychain ornament worked well on getting the tough crap out.
I did it to debadge my tc when I had it. I also used it on debadging my z.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you could use a 3step claybar kit..would prob help out alot an doesnt cost much

Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear up some things. Some info posted here is wrong and thats fine we're all here to learn. so before i make comments and corrections I want to say I am in no way trying to bash anyone. Just sharing my knowledge and experience on detailing, since I do it professionally.

Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
I had someone sandpapered it and it's not as noticeable really.
hope you mean wet sanding. to wetsand clearcoat correctly and safely one needs to have a PTG [paint thickness gauge], several grits of wet sandpaper [1000, 2000, 2500, 3000] then after the area is properly wetsanded, it needs to be compounded and then hit with an aggressive polish, then a finishing polish to get it perfect.

Originally Posted by G SEDAN
I think he meant wet sand. It's okay to do that as long as you don't burn the clear.

Not for amateurs though.
Correct, wetsanding is the right tyoe of sanding, but the term burning the clear refers to using a rotary buffer incorrectly. The term used when taking off too much clearcoat when wetsanding is called striking-through

Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
Absolute best solution for this is to borrow a dual-action random orbital buffer, an orange cutting pad or white polishing pad, and some medium/light polish and buff the silhouettes out.
I did that when I debadged my "I N F I N I T I" and "G35", you can't see ANY outline whatsoever.
Correct.

In this case for the "shadow" or outline left after debadging, a white pad with a medium/fine polish would be enough. no need to wetsand or compound.

Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
by a bottle of Ice Liquid clay bar, buff it out with the pad that comes with it, should come out.
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
you could use a 3step claybar kit..would prob help out alot an doesnt cost much
Clay will not "buff" off any scratches. Clay is only used to clean the surface from all contaminants. also liquid clays are not always effective, I would use a clay kit such as mothers, meguairs or magic clay [blue].

Originally Posted by azt108
Try Plastx for headlights, it should work.
Originally Posted by nfsp1
PlaxtX says not to use on paint.
as said above Plastx is ONLY for plastic. not for use on paint. for paint you want to use appropriate polishes and compounds such as Menzerna

I hope my comments did not offend anyone. to the OP, and anyone else, if you have any questions let me know ill be glad to answer them