Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

So this Zaino stuff...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 06:42 PM
|
So this Zaino stuff...

Seems to be real popular around these parts. It's my first time hearing about it and i searched on here for some info and fairly pleased. Just have a few questions...

Is it really worth going through ALL the steps of using the clay, then all the Z-# products? is there a tutorial when you buy the stuff showing how to use it? About how much will I be looking at spending basic stuff to get me started?

Seems like an all day process to apply this product.

Your info is greatly appreciated.

-Edgar

Old 03-29-2005 | 07:07 PM
Omega Enthusiast
If you're serious about taking care of your car, then it's worth putting in half a day (at least) to wash and Zaino it. IMO, it's worth it. I've applied 5 layers of Zaino so far - 2 of the dark color polish (I have twilight blue) and 3 of the standard polish. This was about 5 months ago and the car shines after each wash as if I had just put it on. It also helps if you use the Gloss Enhancer between Zaino coats and also right after a wash.

The first time you would need to clay is prior to applying Zaino. Also, using a clay bar will remove the fine particles imbedded into the paint (i.e. industrial fallout, tree residue, etc.). When using the clay bar, be sure to use a soap / water mix for lubrication - I use a combo of Zaino shampoo and water. If you run your hand along the surface of the paint and feel little particles in the paint, then it's time to clay bar. I'm about to clay bar again to remove the crap that's gotten on my paint and then I'll probably put at least 4 coats of Zaino this time.

Also, like yourself, I did tons of research on waxes and polishes and believe that Zaino is the way to go. I even bought the car wax / polish reports from www.gurureports.org for reference on the different types of wax / polish. They rate Zaino as the top product to use.

Old 03-29-2005 | 07:15 PM
|
Oh yeah most definately i'm serious about my car's care. It's a big investment and i plan on keeping it in top condition. About how much am I looking at to invest in the Zaino products to get all the products needed to get started? I'm sure I need ALL of them but I want to get the required things and easy my way into the other stuff.

I looked on their website and unless I missed something it doesn't recommend which products to buy for the first time user.

Old 03-29-2005 | 08:55 PM
I did my first Zaino round this weekend. Took almost the entire day, starting with the Dawn wash. Spent about $100 on the kit (Clay, ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7). Amazing .. simply amazing. We just went though two days of downpours and the car still shines.

Next weekend, it may just be a quick wash and polish.

-------------------
2004 Sedan DG Premium, Splash, and such

Old 03-29-2005 | 09:44 PM
So This Zaino Stuff....

I wondered the same thing before becoming a real Zaino advocate..."is it really necessary and worth it". Well. it's been about 18 months and the answer is absolutely YES. Zaino offers the best protection bar none, and if your'e thinking about he time it takes to prep and apply, it's only for the first initial time. My car maintenence time has been really reduced, and I park outside all the time.

Try it, and you won't be sorry

Old 03-30-2005 | 12:08 AM
|
So say I use this for the first time. then there's a quick rain...(like what happned yesterday) the car gets spots and has dirt on it...would i just wash it? and that's it? or just dust it off?

Old 03-30-2005 | 08:32 PM
And don't forget the pleasing scent of zaino products

Old 03-31-2005 | 01:09 AM
If your car is new, you probably DON'T need to use the clay. It's possible that your "new" G35 sat on a lot (uncovered) for a few months, and/or may have accumulated paint contaminants in transit to the lot. If so, then you should clay. In most cases, new car paint is like a mirror. Wash & Dry your car and rub the soft part of your hand (between wrist and pinkie finger) along the paint. If it's totally smooth, then you can skip the clay. If it has tiny bumbs, then you need to clay.

Also....While you will benefit from putting 2-3 coats of Z2 + Z6 on your G, you probably WON'T benefit from putting 5-6 coats on in a 6-8 month timeframe. I'm 37 years old, and have babied my cars since getting out of college. My list includes (all new cars) 2 Nissan Maxima's, a Saab 9-3, and my new G35. Rather than saturating your car with chemicals every weekend, the best thing you can do for her is treat the paint with Zaino/Klasse/etc. a couple of times per year and WASH YOUR CAR FREQUENTLY. It's cheaper AND better for your car. The same with the interior. Clean and condition the leather, but not every weekend. I clean my leather once per month and use Zaino's "leather in a bottle" or Lexol once per quarter. My leather has never cracked or faded. The best tip for leather is to AVOID EATING IN YOUR CAR and keep the seams vacuumed and free of crumbs/dirt. If you employ a "water only" policy in your car, you'll never have to worry.

Finally, the dash...Same basic principles. Use a quality dash treatment like aerospace, lexol, or meguiers, but only once a quarter (every 3 months). If you do it too often, the chemicals will vaporize on your windshield and give everything a sticky feel/look. I bought a california mini-duster and it works great!

Sorry for the rant, but I hate to hear/see people throwing their money away by overkilling their detailing. If you call any detail shop and ask them their opinion, I know they'll agree with me. Do the preventative stuff like washing, vacuuming, and dusting your G regulary (weekly) and detail it up once a month without flooding her with chemicals. You'll save money and your car will look better for it. Good luck!

Old 03-31-2005 | 11:03 AM
|
Good tips Bobby. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2005 | 03:36 AM
Get the Kit you won't be sorry. This stuff is amazing. Got my G in July of last year. Put on 6 coats of Z2, no Z5 or clay bar because it was new. Looks just as good today, almost 8 months later. Just wash with Z7 car wash and spray with the awesome smelling Z6. Beads water like day 1.

Old 04-03-2005 | 09:32 PM
Here's a dumb question. I want to take care of my new G, but am not sure how soon I can "zaino" it after I buy it. I've heard people tell me not to put anything on it for the first year... ANY help would be appreciated! Thanks!!! I'd like to start protecting it as soon as possible to keep it looking new....

Old 04-03-2005 | 11:26 PM
I put on two layers of zaino polish about a week after i got my car. It shines great and the dirt really brushes off easily. I may have put too much though because everytime i touch the car with something i see greasy marks.

Old 04-04-2005 | 12:09 AM
I have had my 05 for about 2 mo so far and I am about to do it very soon. The weather has been very cold in NY. This week I am having my clear bra put on and if the weather permits i will start Zaino(ing) my car.

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:27 AM
Do they sell Zaino products at retail stores...?? Or can you only get them from their website?

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by KayGee56
Do they sell Zaino products at retail stores...?? Or can you only get them from their website?
Only from the website, or a local distributer (not sure who).

On a side note, for cleaning dust inside your car, I highly recommend a swiffer duster head (the fluffy blue'ish one)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So this Zaino stuff...