Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Using Zaino on my new G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using Zaino on my new G

I'm fairly new to this so I wanted to get some insight on what I need to do. My car is 2 months old (DG) and I wanted to try to use the Zaino products since I've heard some great reviews on them, but I had a few questions:

1) I'm wondering what I would need to buy (Zaino products and applicators/towels) and if the job can be done in a few hours.

2) Would a PC ease the process even though I've never used one before?

3) I have a very small chip on the front of my bumper from where a rock kicked up and hit my bumper. Would this need to be fixed before I did all this?

Thanks for all the help guys. I've already learned a lot from this forum.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum bro,
I'm on the same boat as u. I have spend over $200 on Zaino just last week, and yet its sitting in my basement, I was going to post the same thread regarding Zaino but u beat me to it.

!) get Z2 with FJX or waht ever u call it..
2) do not know
3) Yes i think u dont have to worry about fixing it.

Sorry i'm a newb myself but someone will be able to help u out here

Manbir

Old 03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
It would be a good idea to have the chip fixed first.

I too decided to go with Zaino for my new 06 35 Coupe (also DG). I got the Zaino kit rather than trying to figure out what to get and what not. After washing (with the included zaino wash) I used the clay to make sure the surface was clean, even though it was only a 2 month old car, then did two coats of Zaino 2 per the instructions. Then applied Natty Blue wax as a topper. Spray some Z-6 detailer at the end for extra gloss and it looks fantastic. As you probably know from reading here, the Zaino 2 is for protection and then the wax is for the extra shine if you wish. I'll probably wax every 3 months and then clay and Zaino again every 6 months or so.

I did not use a pc on the coupe although have one and have used it on larger vehicles, mostly to remove zaino and wax after application. I still have to learn the art of pc application.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:44 AM
1) I find that for a newer car that does not need swirl, etc. work, you would need:
Z-2 Pro Polish - $14.95
ZFX Additive - $19.95 (for the first coat, some say this is not needed but I tend to stick with it myself)
Z-8 Spray - $19.95
The Z-8 is probably optional but I find that it does make a BIG difference but mainly on darker colors.
As far as applicators go, I like thick microfiber applicators for Zaino. Meguiars has some nice ones that can be had at most AutoZones, etc.
If you have some swirls or marring, I can suggest some other products.

2) Zaino does not require a PC. In fact, I would think it would hamper the application really.

3) I would get the chip fixed. If you don't want to go the body shop route, some touch up paint and then Langka or the Norton kit would be good. These cars chip easily. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a clear bra.

-GT

Old 03-08-2006, 08:54 AM
My car is a DG. Do you think Z8 would look better on it than Z6? Also, the chip can be fixed at any time even after I apply all the products, correct? (Just because i wanted to do the Zaino process this saturday and I don't think I will be able to get it fixed by then) Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z8 is more expensive so yea its better but some people think Z6 does the same thing as Z8. Its really up to u if u can spend little more on Z8

Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I was originally told that Z6 was just as good and so I stuck with it. Now, having used Z8, I won't go back. It is worth the extra cash.

-GT

Old 03-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. Another quick question, I just noticed a very light superficial scratch on the left side of my bumper. It's only visible in the right light. Would any of the Zaino products be able to remove this or should I use something else before I do the whole Zaino setup?