[DFW] What have you done to your G Today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by faiz23
Money talk and BS walks and you knew that guy wanted more from the get go. As soon as he found out it was an exhaust leak and not internal components like he figured he wanted more and he deserved it. Tell me you would not do the same thing chris it is in all of us and it helps pay for all the toys. You sold the shiny arc box and some other shiny thing to pay for the turbo which I am sure you got slickdeals on all parts and made some money...right "INVESTMENT". Ok now tell me this why spend so much time and money..forget money your time has to be worth atleast $20-$30 bucks an hour I would imagine to install a turbo and all those long nights for tuning and troubleshooting along with damage due to powersteering lines or whatever not due to turbo.

Why did you not just go ls1 route the first time or better yet skip all this crap and pick up a sweet used GT-R like the alaska kid for $55k. With the time and money you have into it you could have just picked one up and maintained it your self. I would be glad to be in your shoes but with a kid and a wife

what the hell

Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
Truth...

Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
^+1!!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM

G35 Sedan
Truth or not I think he's boarder line offending ...very misplaced opinion

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Just to clarify my thoughts in the previous post. It is not to be taken as I am trying to offend anyone and purely just talking out loud. I have seen many people pour tons of money into a projects on my350Z and driver then keep it for a very short while or part it all out and trade it in to upgrade. I will be in the position to be able to install a supercharger or do an engine swap down the road. I am wanting to know what is the reasoning for all the changes so I can make the right decision when it is time for me to spend money. I have seen people spend tons of money on built motor and turbo and then rip it out for lsx swap or do the lsx swap and then rip it all out and rebuild motor for more boost.

I always have been a big believer in learning from others mistakes and their experiences. When we hear about a bad shop or a bad build it spread like fire so we can help each other out and not get burned. I am wanting to use as little $$$ as possible on this horrible hobby of mine. If I only have so much $$$ to work with I want to use the best possible options that others have gone through and minimize my cost.

Take for example the LS swap that are slowly starting to become reality for many. Many pieces of this install like tuning, harness or drive belt configurations along with custom AC lines and working the dash cluster/idiot lights. That is some pricey stuff and as people figure out way to tackle the problem we will learn from all this experience and start bringing the cost/trouble of the project down. Over time you will see people creating DIY guides on lsx swaps and a build list that is recommended for the project. Instead of me going through all this expensive R&D i just sit back and let the community work and try to toss in my 2cents for when it is time for me to take on this adventure.

No need for anyone to get pissy..this is the interweb and we are just all talking out loud and sharing our comments. If i came off as being rude...well apologies from me and hope we can talk it out over some liquor. Next round is on me and I got plenty of rum so just bring the cola.

Deemo (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
The truth can hurt...

faiz23 (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Chris has an iTrader rating of 243, and I'm sure he's had a couple hundred more of non-forum based parts sales. He likes changing things up, LOL.

g35man04 (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 PM

G35 Sedan
yea nothing wrong with that lol, faiz and those loose lips or keyboard fingers i should say...appears to want to tell the man how to invest HIS money

Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
Just to clarify my thoughts in the previous post. It is not to be taken as I am trying to offend anyone and purely just talking out loud. I have seen many people pour tons of money into a projects on my350Z and driver then keep it for a very short while or part it all out and trade it in to upgrade. I will be in the position to be able to install a supercharger or do an engine swap down the road. I am wanting to know what is the reasoning for all the changes so I can make the right decision when it is time for me to spend money. I have seen people spend tons of money on built motor and turbo and then rip it out for lsx swap or do the lsx swap and then rip it all out and rebuild motor for more boost.

I always have been a big believer in learning from others mistakes and their experiences. When we hear about a bad shop or a bad build it spread like fire so we can help each other out and not get burned. I am wanting to use as little $$$ as possible on this horrible hobby of mine. If I only have so much $$$ to work with I want to use the best possible options that others have gone through and minimize my cost.

Take for example the LS swap that are slowly starting to become reality for many. Many pieces of this install like tuning, harness or drive belt configurations along with custom AC lines and working the dash cluster/idiot lights. That is some pricey stuff and as people figure out way to tackle the problem we will learn from all this experience and start bringing the cost/trouble of the project down. Over time you will see people creating DIY guides on lsx swaps and a build list that is recommended for the project. Instead of me going through all this expensive R&D i just sit back and let the community work and try to toss in my 2cents for when it is time for me to take on this adventure.

No need for anyone to get pissy..this is the interweb and we are just all talking out loud and sharing our comments. If i came off as being rude...well apologies from me and hope we can talk it out over some liquor. Next round is on me and I got plenty of rum so just bring the cola.

Its fine and I dont take anything you say to heart at all..personally its a hobby...everything I do I have made money off pretty much. I sold the ARC airbox and intake Tube that covered the Turbo...the time in all of that didnt bother me at all because its something I "love" to do. I made money off the turbo which is why I went forward with it.....same goes for my SF Winnings. I bought them with tires for 2000 picked up. Sold the rims alone for 2400 shipped and the tires off them for 800...

thtat right there was a 1000 dollar profit. Turbo has been sold and I have almost tripled my purchase price of the turbo. The polished items I came out about 300.00 extra then what I paid and still have another 3-4 items to sell that will net me another 500-700 depending on what I except them at.

So at the end of the day yeah I could not do any of this and just said to the hell with it and go and buy a GTR but working on my car is a passion of mine and hobby. Also you mention above about letting others do the R&D on LS stuff...well why do you think I didnt go forward with it before the turbo. there still was to many questions up in the air the personally I still didnt want to be a test bunny. I will get into the entire LS swap for around 5k maybe 6k if I wait it out and just do my digging and parts finding.

The guy that sold the engine out from underneath me is fine...sucks on my end because it was a great deal but I understood why he did it. The part I dont agree with is whenever we setup time to meet Saturday morning because thats when I am free and able to use the truck to save him time from delivery and he calls me that night and says I sold it already to another guy who gave me 1500.00. I even originally offered him more money since there was nothing wrong with it now and he told me..."no thats fine since we agreed to 900.00"...Why would I say no to that. Anyways everyone has there own opinions and there own statements which personally doesnt bother me whatsoever. I do things because its what I like to do. I am never in a bind for money or anything like that so I dont really worry about it. I think alot of my parts swapping and selling has helped out alot of local members with choosing the right path on certain items and thats why I do it and thats what I am here for.

To answer Will's statement I have 306 Itrader feedback on here.

faiz23 (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
yea nothing wrong with that lol, faiz and those loose lips or keyboard fingers i should say...appears to want to tell the man how to invest HIS money

NO MAN...i am just too honest and say it how I see it no BS'ing with me. It might hurt or it might tickle but you can expect me to be blunt and honest. As an investment advisor for the company I work for I would never advise anyone to invest in a vehicle that has got to be worse than loosing your behind off in the current stock market / your personal 401k plan.

Originally Posted by g35man04
Its fine and I dont take anything you say to heart at all..personally its a hobby...everything I do I have made money off pretty much. I

So at the end of the day yeah I could not do any of this and just said to the hell with it and go and buy a GTR but working on my car is a passion of mine and hobby. Also you mention above about letting others do the R&D on LS stuff...well why do you think I didnt go forward with it before the turbo. there still was to many questions up in the air the personally I still didnt want to be a test bunny. I will get into the entire LS swap for around 5k maybe 6k if I wait it out and just do my digging and parts finding.

Ok see thanks that answers it for me on why you went turbo first versus ls1. You still were unsure about couple things. If you do not mind me asking what was those certain things did it have to do with wiring harness, working the stock dash with gm ecu/ nissan ecu or the custom ac lines. I am very interested to see your build list and cost list once it is all said and done. I hope you give us a simple plain list of cost that a regular joe would occur not prices with profits tied into them. I am expecting a lsx setup to run 8k-10k for pure parts and then whatever crap you sell of to offset the initial cost.

My guess of price list but please correct me in where we can save $$$$

Engine $1500 (Basic ls1)
Tranny: $1500
Swap kit: $3000 (Sikky kit with headers)
Tuning: $1000 (Not really sure what prices are)
Harness / lines: $1000 (ac lines, ecu wires, power steering / fuel lines)
ECU: $1000 (either ecu or new dash cluster)
LABOR: FREE (this only applies to you and certain other folks)

SALE to offset cost

VQ35de ENGINE: $1000-$1500
G35 tranny: $600-$1000

http://www.chasebays.com/products/ni...bays-products/

Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Im going to LS because its v8, its cheaper than boosting a vq. Better numbers throughout the powerband, and I already have components that can handle boost. Im prepared to get down to 800 with a pt88 so I did all my research and weighed my costs and options.

You would be an idiot money wise to stick with the VQ. There are many reasons why people do what they do. I told mine lol.

Im at 4k for all all my motor parts right now.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I like how you answered a statement.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Does anyone have O2 sensors for sale?

Old 12-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
omg@theserecentposts!

v8swapsgetyoulaidbottomline

iamnotanidiot2stick2thevqbecauseidontneed603whp.

Last edited by ezpotato; 12-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: [DFW] What have you done to your G Today?