Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

05 G35C vs another new 05 or 06 mustang GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by headturningv8
I said a modded G35 should beat a stock GT , off rip u have 38 hp... to add more than that to a G and run a stock GT (99-04) is what bytches would do...
If you're any indication of how cocky 99-04 GT owners are about their abilities to beat most cars out there, then you guys must really have small dicks. You make it seem like we mod our cars specificially to run against the GTs b/c thats what we supposed bytches do???

So according to you, if a stock GT pulls up next to us and revs like a redneck moron that we're supposed to:

A: Just look the other direction and hope that the redneck doesn't make eye contact

B: Get out of the car and walk over to the other driver and say, "Your the man!"

C: Yell out to the owner through the window, "Dude, my G35 has too many mods and since your car is stock, I am not allowed to race you b/c that would make me a bytch."

Get a life man. In the end, most of us bought this car because of style and luxury and not to race freaking mustangs. If we were all about numbers, we would have gotten an STI or an EVO which some members have done. So go preach your $hit about a G35 not being able to beat a GT on your mustang forum where your opinion really matters. You said what you had to say on our boards and you got someone's timeslip as proof. And your still complaining because???

Save the drama for your mama bro

Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RXM

If you're any indication of how cocky 99-04 GT owners are about their abilities to beat most cars out there...

No that's Cobra owners...and for good reason.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 AM
good job way to take down another rustang.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i used to beat stock and lightly modded GT mustangs at atco raceway with my 97 5speed maxima (14.05 @98). i don't think the G would leave that much of an impression as a 4door family sedan even if it did beat mustangs. the G feels sooo heavy! but alas i will be racing my G35C at atco test and tunes to see how it stacks up against today's newer cars!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RXM

If you're any indication of how cocky 99-04 GT owners are about their abilities to beat most cars out there, then you guys must really have small dicks. You make it seem like we mod our cars specificially to run against the GTs b/c thats what we supposed bytches do???

So according to you, if a stock GT pulls up next to us and revs like a redneck moron that we're supposed to:

A: Just look the other direction and hope that the redneck doesn't make eye contact

B: Get out of the car and walk over to the other driver and say, "Your the man!"

C: Yell out to the owner through the window, "Dude, my G35 has too many mods and since your car is stock, I am not allowed to race you b/c that would make me a bytch."

Get a life man. In the end, most of us bought this car because of style and luxury and not to race freaking mustangs. If we were all about numbers, we would have gotten an STI or an EVO which some members have done. So go preach your $hit about a G35 not being able to beat a GT on your mustang forum where your opinion really matters. You said what you had to say on our boards and you got someone's timeslip as proof. And your still complaining because???

Save the drama for your mama bro
HA , no when u pull up next to it , show that ur not a self indulged A$$HOLE and think ur better than others and man up to the challenge , even thoi u know ur gunna take the loss. Im far from a redneck, and i always give the thumbs up , cocky ? no. confident when racing comparable cars like urs. You're just being stupid when u say "i cant race u bcuz im modded" , i said that becuz thats what the guy said about the outcome of his run ins w/ 99-04 GTs , which is pointless when u know ur that much faster , its like me racing a c230 benz, i kno im gunna beat it, so i wouldnt race it , and if the guy tried something id shut em' down...

in the end im outnumberd here xxxxxxxxx to 1 so it doesnt matter what i say , but like i keep saying , n e 1 near stock in sunrise FL can challenge me and ill tape it....

Old 07-09-2006, 01:52 PM
RXM
I would be very interested in seeing a video of the G35c or sedan run against a 05+ GT because this is a scenario that I've been wondering about the outcome from a while back already. VIDEOS!!!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
Down low GT's are good, but up top they lack. G's may be better up top. When geared properly (and not an auto sedan ) they seem to do well.
So what do you mean about the auto sedan? I hope you do realize that the gearing is identical between the sedans and coupes. Are you calling bs on my wife's beating that gt? I was there man.

And although she beat him at every checkpoint, the mustang still out-trapped her by 1mph.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Staff Alumni
well when u look at ur sig to see what u have done to ur car , u'd better be running at least high 13's... for that same $$ amount id be faster.

I said a modded G35 should beat a stock GT , off rip u have 38 hp... to add more than that to a G and run a stock GT (99-04) is what bytches would do... i said from the factory stock v.s. stock, like it should be , no u dont have the neccesary torque to down a GT (99-04). my friends friend has one , u'll soon see , ur all full of it via video
Dude, you just got your third strike in one friggin post. Reading comprehension, logic, and life all own you.

I said that when I ran those 13's I had hiflow cats, not everything I have now. Since you're willfully ignoring that statement, I will repeat it. When I ran those 13's, I had hiflow cats and a replacement panel filter. I haven't been back to the 1/4 track since my latest mods, so I don't know what I'll run next time.

And when we both ran against mustang gt's, we weren't hunting them down or anything. That's just how we ended up lining up in the staging lanes. So we weren't "picking on" mustangs with less power.

And your statement about returns for $$$ spent is completely true. Dollar for dollar, you will get much better results for NA mods than I would on my car. On that point we agree.

But you're confusing me. In one statement you said that a stock g can't take a stock gt. You claim it's all about torque. You even said that g's don't have the topend to make up for the difference of torque. But then you're complaining about my car(rated at 298 from Infiniti) having 38 more peak hp than a stock mustang. Dude, pick an argument and stick to it.

The fact is, stock for stock, or even lightly modded versus lightly modded, the g versus the gt is a close race. Period. Close enough that an error by either drive will give away the win. I'm not taking away anything from the mustang, but I'm not going to just ignore some troll talking **** on our own site.

Now, as for the 05+ gt's, I don't know what to think. There aren't many locally that go to the drag strips very often; in all my trips, I've not witnessed a single run. I've read on some local forums about a couple that show up every now and then, and they usually put down high 13's to low 14's, both are 5 speeds. I think I might be able to hang with one(stock), possibly, if I run a great run. But I'm not very confident that I coult beat a stock 05+ gt with any consistency.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
HA , no when u pull up next to it , show that ur not a self indulged A$$HOLE and think ur better than others and man up to the challenge , even thoi u know ur gunna take the loss. Im far from a redneck, and i always give the thumbs up , cocky ? no. confident when racing comparable cars like urs. You're just being stupid when u say "i cant race u bcuz im modded" , i said that becuz thats what the guy said about the outcome of his run ins w/ 99-04 GTs , which is pointless when u know ur that much faster , its like me racing a c230 benz, i kno im gunna beat it, so i wouldnt race it , and if the guy tried something id shut em' down...

in the end im outnumberd here xxxxxxxxx to 1 so it doesnt matter what i say , but like i keep saying , n e 1 near stock in sunrise FL can challenge me and ill tape it....
I wish this guy lived around my area so i could rip him a new a$$hole in my family sedan. Dumbb *** read my sig before u say i have a lot of mods.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
RXM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
I wish this guy lived around my area so i could rip him a new a$$hole in my family sedan. Dumbb *** read my sig before u say i have a lot of mods.

Dude, our clear sidemarkers add at least 5+rwhp. Thats such an unfair advantage

Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RXM
Dude, our clear sidemarkers add at least 5+rwhp. Thats such an unfair advantage
LOL. swaybars add 20-30 hp to the wheels according to his dumb a$$.

Last edited by Klubbheads; 07-09-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:35 PM
RXM
I wonder it would be considered unfair if he ran against someone who took their full size spare out of the trunk. THATS CHEATING!

Old 07-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
So what do you mean about the auto sedan? I hope you do realize that the gearing is identical between the sedans and coupes. Are you calling bs on my wife's beating that gt? I was there man.

And although she beat him at every checkpoint, the mustang still out-trapped her by 1mph.
No I was talking about me. I get beat by lots of cars in this thing. Auto sedan is a mule! Kinda depressing, but that is not what I bought it for. If I wanted to be king of the streets I would have kept the cobra.
Didn't know about the gearing. But knowing N/A GT's choke out a little more in the higher mph, I think if I had some more gear around 4th I would do better top end.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
No I was talking about me. I get beat by lots of cars in this thing. Auto sedan is a mule! Kinda depressing, but that is not what I bought it for. If I wanted to be king of the streets I would have kept the cobra.
Didn't know about the gearing. But knowing N/A GT's choke out a little more in the higher mph, I think if I had some more gear around 4th I would do better top end.
The auto g's gearing isn't as much of a hindrance as you might first think, at least for a 1/4 run. For example, I outtrap my wife's 04 5AT by about 4mph in the 1/8th. At the 1/4, I still only out-trap her by roughly 4mph. I have more mods, and make bunches more power than her. And the 6mt's definitely have more aggressive gearing than that 5AT's. But in that second 660ft of the 1/4, I gain abou 21.9ish mph. Cheryl, on the other hand, gains almost exactly 22mph.

One reason is the gearing. She can hold 3rd for the entire last 1/8th mile, whereas I have to shift to 4th and end up at about 6k in 4th gear. So that hurts my traps just a bit.

Now, in a race beyond the 1/4, the gearing advantage of the 6mt would play a larger role...

Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 PM
RXM
Looks like turnheadandcough started a thread about this over in the mustang forums. http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1622495/tm.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 G35C vs another new 05 or 06 mustang GT