Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

RB26 Swap Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
wrong wrong and more wrong. For starters the c5 only could pull out .92 G's on the skidpad compared to the supra's .98 G's. Secondly, have you ever driven both the f-body cars and the rsx's? The RSX's are way better in the corners than stupid F body cars. I've had both. Take a look at the Auto-x's. If you compare them with similar mods, the RSX-S pulls out faster times each time. The cobalt is an american peice of doooodooo, and the srt-4 can spank the us much less the stupid cobalt. Second, the SRT-4 to me is still japanese to me since the drivetain is all mitsubishi. People do buy imports over domestics for performance. One used, they are much more reliable and easy to mod. how many american sports cars are made now? 4? maybe the solstice and it's sibling which are in the same price range as us. Once again you american muscle compensating bastages prove how wrong you are.
Depending on the track the F-Body can out handle an RSX in the bigger courses.

The way I see it is if you want a car for comfort luxury and decent performance the G gives that. If you want a car for pure speed and fun the F-Body deliveres. I've owned several import and domestic cars and the ls1 motor is one of the best performance motors out there.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
The Mustang should be a decent handler. It's the Shelby 500 GT or something that's a lead sled. It's near 4,000lbs and they had to use the iron block 5.4 for strength.
GT500 was built for drag hence the solid axle they went to.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The Mustang should be a decent handler. It's the Shelby 500 GT or something that's a lead sled. It's near 4,000lbs and they had to use the iron block 5.4 for strength.
u know u can still make a heavy car and have it handle great... my pops AMG is almost 5000lbs and will outhandle my G any day, but back on topic... and sorry for jacking this thread so badly, once the RB swap is done is there anything in the woodwork for the ATTESA AWD like Blitz did with their Z? They said the Z with the ATTESA and the RB swap was AMAZING to drive...

Old 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
i agree with u in that American cars are tons of fun to drive.. the imidiate power u feel with a V8 is very very nice... but as for 100/litre, lets see... the M5, M6, M3, S2000, Civic Si (B16A1)... Mostly euro cars are trying for the 100hp/litre NA but the Japanese are beginning to catch up... the New NSX is rumored to feature 5.0L V10 pushing 500hp NA and the IS500F will feature a 5.0L V8 pushing 400+hp.. not bad for all engine if u ask me
I mentioned v8's or v10, but yeah I forgot about the M5's engine.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
lol this thread is so off topic.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I agree, one can make a heavy car handle. ie.. AMG and M5. But is VERY difficult to make a heavy FRONT BIASED car handle. ie... GT500.

I'm not really watching this RB swap thing too close as I'd much rather have a LS2 swap.

u know u can still make a heavy car and have it handle great... my pops AMG is almost 5000lbs and will outhandle my G any day, but back on topic... and sorry for jacking this thread so badly, once the RB swap is done is there anything in the woodwork for the ATTESA AWD like Blitz did with their Z? They said the Z with the ATTESA and the RB swap was AMAZING to drive...

Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sir Boostalot
Depending on the track the F-Body can out handle an RSX in the bigger courses.

The way I see it is if you want a car for comfort luxury and decent performance the G gives that. If you want a car for pure speed and fun the F-Body deliveres. I've owned several import and domestic cars and the ls1 motor is one of the best performance motors out there.
That's just it, on a bigger course. It's not that your f-body can out handle the RSX, it's that it has more power. The LS1 may be a great motor, but it still can't touch the refinement of any of honda's current motors, I'm sorry, Honda's and even nissans are in completely different leagues then the ls1

Old 03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned
I agree, one can make a heavy car handle. ie.. AMG and M5. But is VERY difficult to make a heavy FRONT BIASED car handle. ie... GT500.

I'm not really watching this RB swap thing too close as I'd much rather have a LS2 swap.
OMG!!! NOOOOOOO. Never ever ever put american motors in japanese cars. I know people do it, but they really shouldn't.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Ugh.... gem post #10 by you in this thread. The FD RX7 LS series swap is one of the greatest swaps of recent times.

OMG!!! NOOOOOOO. Never ever ever put american motors in japanese cars. I know people do it, but they really shouldn't.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned
That's just it, on a bigger course. It's not that your f-body can out handle the RSX, it's that it has more power. The LS1 may be a great motor, but it still can't touch the refinement of any of honda's current motors, I'm sorry, Honda's and even nissans are in completely different leagues then the ls1
one thing i will admit tho... GM's after-market engines are Amazing... extremely expensive but amazing... and if u guys need crate engines let me know, my cousin is a VP for Year One in Georgia

Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Red Card Crew

Ah no. The RSX handles great no doubt. BUT auto-X favors SMALL/LIGHT cars. So it's the F-Body's big wheelbase and weight that hurt it the most. Not really the chassis.

The LS series is one of the best modern engines being built right now. Let me put it to you this way. One cam, no VTC gadgetry, no turbos or SC and the thing stills puts out TONS of power. All in a package thinner than a VQ35 and most likely shorter (height-wise). And I'll bet it's not that heavier.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Red Card Crew

I hear Chrysler is supporting it's own V8 hemi engines pretty well also.

Hey can you get me a Crate 572 for my G swap?

one thing i will admit tho... GM's after-market engines are Amazing... extremely expensive but amazing... and if u guys need crate engines let me know, my cousin is a VP for Year One in Georgia

Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Lip
I agree with regards to the Honda engines. They are some of the smoothest and quietest around. You can barely hear a Honda 3.2 liter at idle.

By contrast, the VQ motor is almost American in character. While the VQ idles smoother than an LS motor, once underway, the LS might be smoother.

With regards to a swapping American motors into Japanese cars, and vice versa, it's up to the owner.
For me, an LS motor might be interesting, an RB more so, a 4.5 liter conversion even more so.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Banned
I hear Chrysler is supporting it's own V8 hemi engines pretty well also.

Hey can you get me a Crate 572 for my G swap?
now theres an interesting thing to think about... a 572... thats what a 9 litre engine? lol... and to be honest i dont even know whos making Chryslers engines anymore... the Crossfire SRT-6 is assembled in Germany, not sure about the regular cross-fire... but i think its mercedes or Diamler (spelling?) thats making Chryslers engines now

Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned
Ah no. The RSX handles great no doubt. BUT auto-X favors SMALL/LIGHT cars. So it's the F-Body's big wheelbase and weight that hurt it the most. Not really the chassis.

The LS series is one of the best modern engines being built right now. Let me put it to you this way. One cam, no VTC gadgetry, no turbos or SC and the thing stills puts out TONS of power. All in a package thinner than a VQ35 and most likely shorter (height-wise). And I'll bet it's not that heavier.
Jeff, for starters it sounds like you have your own little swap project. Swap in one of your beloved v8's into your g (and turbo it as well). Since you like the g but still love the american power. Get to work !! lol. jk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RB26 Swap Project