Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

RB26 Swap Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought i will share these pictures

Attached Thumbnails RB26 Swap Project-awd350z.jpg   RB26 Swap Project-awd350z2.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn

Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by GTT
I thought i will share these pictures
this is a sick car!! I saw a bmi video of it. It not only has the rb in there it also ahs the r34 attesa awd system as well.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
i like american cars, but i'll take a Japanese made engine over an american one any day.... my brother bought a 2000 Z28 as his first car... man what a POS... and IMO only the new Vettes are worth taking about, and even then the LS2 or LS7 platform havnt really been tired and tested for that long...
From an American car kind of guy....

The LS2 has is just a revamp LS1 and there have never really been a problem with them (I had a 2000 SS and a 2001 corvette Z06, now just got a G35) LS bases engines are incredible there is not a better bang for buck engine out there (power wise). I was pushing 500+ hp on both Chevy's.... 2 years in my Camaro and 1 year in my vette never had one problem with the engine.... this was on stock pistons rods and crank

The new LS7 is 7 liters and put 460 hp to the wheels and gets 27-28 mpg on the highway but then again that's cruising not getting on it....

ill just put that out there

Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Z0Six
From an American car kind of guy....

The LS2 has is just a revamp LS1 and there have never really been a problem with them (I had a 2000 SS and a 2001 corvette Z06, now just got a G35) LS bases engines are incredible there is not a better bang for buck engine out there (power wise). I was pushing 500+ hp on both Chevy's.... 2 years in my Camaro and 1 year in my vette never had one problem with the engine.... this was on stock pistons rods and crank

The new LS7 is 7 liters and put 460 hp to the wheels and gets 27-28 mpg on the highway but then again that's cruising not getting on it....

ill just put that out there
Yeah, but pleanty of people here have had gm cars that were total dog ****. I had a 96 trans am for my first car and had nothing but problems with it. I went through an engine, numerous cpu and electrical problems, a thermostat, alternator, 2 window motors, and broken headlight motors in almost 4 years. Not to mention they handle like crap, using ancient suspension technology (at the time i thought they were great in this regard) (leafspings? come on c6!!!). This is my one of my largest reasons why I despise american cars, now. I thought they were the shiznit back then and had fun beating up on the import guys at the street races. Bang for the buck power wise you are completely mistaken, not even taking into account the possibility of purchasing a cheaper car and modding it. you vette guys never cease to amaze me.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Um you had a LT1 powered car. Not the same engine.

Um the new Z06 has leafsprings and will out handle ALOT of pricey sports cars. And leave a modded G in the dust.

You SHOULD know (being an LT1 owner) that these Chevy small block engines are very easy to mod, cheap to mod and these mods actually make power. Not like 75% of the mods for the G/Z.

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
Yeah, but pleanty of people here have had gm cars that were total dog ****. I had a 96 trans am for my first car and had nothing but problems with it. I went through an engine, numerous cpu and electrical problems, a thermostat, alternator, 2 window motors, and broken headlight motors in almost 4 years. Not to mention they handle like crap, using ancient suspension technology (at the time i thought they were great in this regard) (leafspings? come on c6!!!). This is my one of my largest reasons why I despise american cars, now. I thought they were the shiznit back then and had fun beating up on the import guys at the street races. Bang for the buck power wise you are completely mistaken, not even taking into account the possibility of purchasing a cheaper car and modding it. you vette guys never cease to amaze me.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
^^+1000 u are correct very well put. You do heads, cam & lg headers in a
Z06 or base vette and with a tune I've had friends get 50+ rwhp. Try getting
any vq mods other than going FI that are going to get you anywhere near 50 hp!

Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bulldog25
^^+1000 u are correct very well put. You do heads, cam & lg headers in a
Z06 or base vette and with a tune I've had friends get 50+ rwhp. Try getting
any vq mods other than going FI that are going to get you anywhere near 50 hp!
yeah but at that point you still have to go FI. Secondly, if you have priced everything out, you can almost go FI for a G with an extra grand or two. Secondly, you're spending around 60 for the freaking car. you can buy a g and make it a 700 hp car for that money. Yes G and Z parts are expensive. And so are the parts for the older Z's as well, we all know this. Yes, the corvette out handles a lot of cars built on higher tech suspension, and yet no one really knows how they did it, but only imagine what the car could be with usuing modern suspension technology. All of this comes down to me as poor engineering. Everyone has their own take, so this is mine. This is a G forum. This talk needs to take place somewhere else for sure.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Red Card Crew

You never cease to amaze me with what you post.

At what point?? The G would have to FI WAY sooner than even a LS1. 60K? Um try a later model transam or a GTO with a LS2. Try low 20k for a car with 400hp stock and another easy 30-50hp on tap. Remember, you only have to buy ONE cam for this engine. Not 4 with the G.

Um no one knows HOW they got the Vette to "handle"???? LOL! What about the CHASSIS ENGINEERS that built the damn thing! hehe.

yeah but at that point you still have to go FI. Secondly, if you have priced everything out, you can almost go FI for a G with an extra grand or two. Secondly, you're spending around 60 for the freaking car. you can buy a g and make it a 700 hp car for that money. Yes G and Z parts are expensive. And so are the parts for the older Z's as well, we all know this. Yes, the corvette out handles a lot of cars built on higher tech suspension, and yet no one really knows how they did it, but only imagine what the car could be with usuing modern suspension technology. All of this comes down to me as poor engineering. Everyone has their own take, so this is mine. This is a G forum. This talk needs to take place somewhere else for sure.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You never cease to amaze me with what you post.

At what point?? The G would have to FI WAY sooner than even a LS1. 60K? Um try a later model transam or a GTO with a LS2. Try low 20k for a car with 400hp stock and another easy 30-50hp on tap. Remember, you only have to buy ONE cam for this engine. Not 4 with the G.

Um no one knows HOW they got the Vette to "handle"???? LOL! What about the CHASSIS ENGINEERS that built the damn thing! hehe.
the chassis engineers built a small part of how the car will handle in the end. There are too many factors incorporated to say it was solely the chassis engineers. Frankly, the stupid vette people got lucky with their results. FLAME ON Vette man!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Red Card Crew

You mean they are flat out guessing?????? You really have no idea what you are talking about here. No one GUESSES at this level.

the chassis engineers built a small part of how the car will handle in the end. There are too many factors incorporated to say it was solely the chassis engineers. Frankly, the stupid vette people got lucky with their results. FLAME ON Vette man!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
The new vettes get nearly 30mpg on the highway, and the zo6 gets 27 on the highway.

Also, there are a lot of VQ powered g35's around here getting 13mpg with bolt ons, just go look at the mpg thread.

also, vettes will tear up a lot of imports on racing tracks that are not in a straight line too.

Reliability wise I understand your argument, but besides that there were a lot of flaws in what you said.
You are only quoting highway mileage, and the vettes numbers are a little decieving, it gets great gas mileage when you baby it, but when its driven hard like alot of G owners do, the MPG drops significantly.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Red Card Crew

Yeah but the G's mph plummets too. I don't know if they still do this but GM used to put 1st to 3rd/4th gear lockouts if you aren't driving aggressively (manuals). Also, gm puts really tall gearing to help with gas mileage. Not bad.

Originally Posted by redlude97
You are only quoting highway mileage, and the vettes numbers are a little decieving, it gets great gas mileage when you baby it, but when its driven hard like alot of G owners do, the MPG drops significantly.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
The new vettes get nearly 30mpg on the highway, and the zo6 gets 27 on the highway.

Also, there are a lot of VQ powered g35's around here getting 13mpg with bolt ons, just go look at the mpg thread.

also, vettes will tear up a lot of imports on racing tracks that are not in a straight line too.

Reliability wise I understand your argument, but besides that there were a lot of flaws in what you said.

lets not forget ur comparing a 30k car vs a 70k car... if we are comparing nissan to GM, we should bring the upcoming skyline GTR into the picture... and i dont care what anyone here says i'll take the GTR 100000x over any Z06. The American car market is hitting rock bottom and for good reason... these high output high displacement engines are trying to pump life back into a steadily decreasing market...

and if u wanna talk about MPG, yea i get about 14mpg from the bolt ons i've done, but i drive my car like an a$$hole (lol, drive it like u stole it right?) i'd hate to see the kind of gas mileage a high output 7litre engine will get.

Last edited by zeroscythe; 03-02-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yeah but the G's mph plummets too. I don't know if they still do this but GM used to put 1st to 3rd/4th gear lockouts if you aren't driving aggressively (manuals). Also, gm puts really tall gearing to help with gas mileage. Not bad.
Yes, but he's comparing stock highway MPG against actual G mpg on cars with boltons that are driven hard already, its why people only get 13mpg as he quoted. I can get 25+mpg on the freeway, or 12-13mpg depending on how I drive the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RB26 Swap Project