Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

RB26 Swap Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You never cease to amaze me with what you post.

At what point?? The G would have to FI WAY sooner than even a LS1. 60K? Um try a later model transam or a GTO with a LS2. Try low 20k for a car with 400hp stock and another easy 30-50hp on tap. Remember, you only have to buy ONE cam for this engine. Not 4 with the G.

Um no one knows HOW they got the Vette to "handle"???? LOL! What about the CHASSIS ENGINEERS that built the damn thing! hehe.

which later models are u talking about? from 01-on? i dont know what year the LS2 was dropped into the GTO, i know for a fact the ones with the single exhaust have the LS1 pushing 350hp... and as for the trans am.. i dont know what block its running (maybe the LS6?), but i know the WS6 is the only one even worth mentioning... but i do agree the engineers did a great job with the vettes suspension, although it being an outdated system.. and the cars have great potential, but ur still buying an American car, enough said.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
which later models are u talking about? from 01-on? i dont know what year the LS2 was dropped into the GTO, i know for a fact the ones with the single exhaust have the LS1 pushing 350hp... and as for the trans am.. i dont know what block its running (maybe the LS6?), but i know the WS6 is the only one even worth mentioning... but i do agree the engineers did a great job with the vettes suspension, although it being an outdated system.. and the cars have great potential, but ur still buying an American car, enough said.
Some of you guys need to get over yourself, just becuase you bought a japanese car doesn't make you better than anyone else. People buy cars for different reasons, and unless they make absurd claims about their own cars, who are you to say they made the wrong one. Its not like nissans are top of the food chain or something. I get alot of the holier than thou vibe from alot of owners here becuase they own Gs

Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
wow, some people are so biased it amazes me.

The ws6 has the same exact engine as any other transam after 98, only it had an extra gear and a fancy intake. They are barely faster than a regular transam. LS1 engines are in all of them btw.

Who cares how old the vettes suspension is? Its proven to work!

You are probably the type of person who would rather have the new hyped up suspension in a car rather than the older one which outperformed it.

American cars are on the top of the food chain when it comes to Speed per dollar, the japs just make cars that are more reliable, more expensive, and slower.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
The last year GTO featured the LS2 motor.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Red Card Crew

I agree. But only recently. For a long time, American car makers weren't putting out squat for power.

As far as Japanese makers putting out slow cars, well I'd say the MKIV 300RWHP Supra wasn't that slow. Plus there were hoards of fast Japanese cars that never made it to the USA. If Nissan was smart enough to import the Skyline during it's reign, it would have dominated the USA muscle car scene. aka during the 80s - 90s.

Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
American cars are on the top of the food chain when it comes to Speed per dollar, the japs just make cars that are more reliable, more expensive, and slower.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I agree. But only recently. For a long time, American car makers weren't putting out squat for power.

As far as Japanese makers putting out slow cars, well I'd say the MKIV 300RWHP Supra wasn't that slow. Plus there were hoards of fast Japanese cars that never made it to the USA. If Nissan was smart enough to import the Skyline during it's reign, it would have dominated the USA muscle car scene. aka during the 80s - 90s.
The supra hasnt been here for a decade, recently the japs havent done squat for big power. The best that comes to mind is the evo mr.

During the 80's and 90's the US still had cars that were fast. Buick GNs, for example, would wipe the floor with the skylines at that time. Early 90s there was the vette z51 which was very quick along with the mustang cobra and early dodge viper. If anything the americans and japs were comparable speed wise during that time.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:40 PM
The supra hasnt been here for a decade, recently the japs havent done squat for big power. The best that comes to mind is the evo mr.

During the 80's and 90's the US still had cars that were fast. Buick GNs, for example, would wipe the floor with the skylines at that time. Early 90s there was the vette z51 which was very quick along with the mustang cobra and early dodge viper. If anything the americans and japs were comparable speed wise during that time.
first of all, refrain from using the term japs becuase its deragatory, and 300hp NA out of a v6 is pretty impressive in and of itself, most other american cars need boost to make similar HP levels, and comparing Buick GNs to a skyline is pointless, the GN wins in a dragrace, but get owned around a track. The skyline ISN'T A DRAG CAR.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Red Card Crew

But when it was out, it was every bit as powerful/if not more so than what the domestics had out at the time. 1993-1998.

The skyline was under rated at 275hp. It was putting down over 300hp at the wheels stock. A stock Buick GN wasn't doing that. The Z51 and Viper were powerful but pricey examples of domestic power. The Skyline also had a special version of the R34 Skyline also that put out even more power. With AWD, it would have been a very formiable force if it came here.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Right but I bet the Skyline could do very well with it's AWD launch. It could drag, track and do whatever. The GN was only a straight line car. Terrible interior, terrible build quality and most of all horrible suspension.

Originally Posted by redlude97
first of all, refrain from using the term japs becuase its deragatory, and 300hp NA out of a v6 is pretty impressive in and of itself, most other american cars need boost to make similar HP levels, and comparing Buick GNs to a skyline is pointless, the GN wins in a dragrace, but get owned around a track. The skyline ISN'T A DRAG CAR.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Uh...sorry about the *** term, would japanese be better?

300hp na is fine, but Im talking about big hp and real speed. Neither of which the japanese* have done recently.

Believe it or not the buick gn wasnt too bad handling wise, but yes they would still lose around a track to a skyline. Striaght line is still a part of performance that is very important, although whenever I come to import sites it seems to be irrelevent to most members

Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
But when it was out, it was every bit as powerful/if not more so than what the domestics had out at the time. 1993-1998.

The skyline was under rated at 275hp. It was putting down over 300hp at the wheels stock. A stock Buick GN wasn't doing that. The Z51 and Viper were powerful but pricey examples of domestic power. The Skyline also had a special version of the R34 Skyline also that put out even more power. With AWD, it would have been a very formiable force if it came here.
Most were putting down over 300rwhp stock. Very underrated from the factory.

ps- Skylines were never "pretty" either, especially during that time

Old 03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Red Card Crew

And a Buick GN that was based of a lowly Regal was something handsome to look at? Sorry but I'd take a classic R32 V-spec any day of the week

Old 03-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Skylines were as well, the quoted HP was due to the old gentleman's agreement between manufacturs to limit hp to ~275, skylines were putting down more than that as well. The reason you don't see import owners really care about drag racing is because they didn't buy their cars to drag race, everyone knows that if thats your goal then you should have just bought a muscle car. Overall performance is usually the reason people buy imports

Old 03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
So I just read 9 pages and thought for sure there'd be an update on the progress.....

but this thread has become is 3-4 people arguing with each other!

.... all that time wasted reading thru a pissing match.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
thats so sick i wanted to put that engine in my 240sx but didnt work out got a sr-20 instead

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RB26 Swap Project