Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

people use Mobil 1 syn oil..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
The M1 filter doesn't last any longer than any other filter, if you go on an extended change interval, you still have to change the filter every 3-4k.
I am pretty shore you can go 5-7K on a M1 filter. That is the hole pont of buying this filter. I belive the filter eliment is different so it is less likely to break apart & it also has a bypass so you always have proper flow.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GCOUPE6MT
I am pretty shore you can go 5-7K on a M1 filter. That is the hole pont of buying this filter. I belive the filter eliment is different so it is less likely to break apart & it also has a bypass so you always have proper flow.
Well Mobil 1 never traditionally touted their oil to last for any extended period of time so I don't know why we are to think their filter is able to. Also most filters have bypass valves. But if you bypass, you also are circulating unfiltered oil now. Better than no oil? yes but still not a great idea.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
5-7k is not an extended drain interval, normal filters can handle that. 12-25k is, which I seriously doubt the m1 can do. Only the Amsoil EA oil filters guarantee a 12k service interval, and even then I would be weary of using a filter for that long. BTW ALL oil filters have a bypass valve, so the m1 isn't special.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
From the website www.mobil1.com/

What's the right oil for my car?

Our products in the viscosity right for your vehicle

We've taken what you told us about your vehicle and driving conditions, and using an auto industry database, have determined our products in the viscosity recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. These products are shown categorized by the level of protection they provide. To learn more about a product, click its name.

Current Vehicle:
Year: 2005
Make: Infiniti
Model: G35
Engine Type: 6cyl. 3.5Liter Naturally Aspirated

Type of protection requested: Ultimate Protection

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30
Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 fully synthetic motor oil is designed for today's longer service intervals. It provides guaranteed performance and protection for 15,000 miles or one year. Mobil 1 Extended Performance products with the Advanced SuperSyn System contain extra performance additives to help deliver outstanding engine protection.

Mobil 1 5W-30
A fully synthetic motor oil, Mobil 1 5W-30 with SuperSyn Technology, is the approved and the first choice of many premium car manufacturers, including Corvette.

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W-30A fully synthetic motor oil, Mobil 1® Truck & SUV 5W-30 is engineered for gasoline engines in hard-working trucks, vans, SUVs and recreational vehicles.

Special Filter Not Required

Filter

Current Vehicle:
Year: 2005
Make: Infiniti
Model: G35
Engine Type: 6cyl. 3.5Liter Naturally Aspirated

Filter matches for the vehicle you selected:

Mobil 1

Mobil 1 Model M1-108

Other options

Champion Model PH2876

Fram Model PH6607

Oil Info

Mobil 1 Extended Performance

You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a high-endurance motor oil designed for longer service intervals. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed.

FAQ

Does the Mobil 1 Extended Performance meet GF-4 specifications? How did the new specification impact the development of the high-endurance product line?

Mobil 1 Extended Performance contains an extra performance additive to help deliver exceptional performance and protection. This fully synthetic technology is designed specifically for longer service intervals. Appropriate viscosities of Mobil 1 Extended Performance also meet all the requirements for GF-4. Additionally, they exceed the requirements of API SL/CF and various ACEA (European) specifications. (Updated March 2006)

What is the difference between Mobil 1® Extended Performance and Mobil 1?

Mobil 1 Extended Performance formulas are designed specifically for today's longer service intervals and are guaranteed to protect for up to 15,000 miles or one year.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance has a unique formulation with a boosted level of protection and performance. Mobil 1 Extended Performance, with the Advanced SuperSyn System, contains 50 percent more SuperSyn than Mobil 1. (Updated March 2006)

If Mobil 1 Extended Performance is recommended for 15,000-mile intervals, what’s the maximum limit to which it can be pushed? In other words, if a driver goes an extra 1,000 miles or so, is he going to damage his engine?

Mobil 1 Extended Performance is recommended for up to 15,000-mile or one-year oil change intervals. However, if your vehicle manufacturer recommends an oil change interval beyond 15,000 miles and Mobil 1 meets the performance level specified, you can be assured that Mobil 1 will go the distance.

Upon what driving conditions are these performance claims based? Normal or severe driving conditions?

These claims relate to all typical consumer driving conditions, excluding those mentioned below. In other words, if you drive under normal conditions and use Mobil 1 Extended Performance in your vehicle, the oil is guaranteed to protect your engine for 15,000 miles. We also recommend that drivers consult their owner’s manual while their vehicle is under warranty, and follow the guidelines set forth there. Additionally, we recommend that if consumers drive routinely in severe conditions that they follow the oil change interval recommended in their owner's manual for severe conditions. We define "severe conditions" as:

1. racing or commercial applications;

2. frequent towing or hauling;

3.extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or

4. excessive idling.

If I go longer between oil change intervals, do I need to change my oil filter more frequently? Or do I need a special filter?

Continue to change your oil filter when you change your engine oil. Special filters, or more frequent oil filter changes are not required.

However, Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters provide outstanding performance during longer oil change intervals. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters are designed to offer excellent efficiency (remove more engine oil impurities) and high capacity (60 percent greater capacity than conventional oil filters), which make them ideal candidates for longer oil change intervals. (Updated March 2006)

To achieve the best peace of mind related to engine protection, many vehicle owners change their engine oils every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. Is this practice rendered meaningless with the advent of the Mobil high-endurance oils?

Consumers should follow the maintenance practice that is best for them, and that meets their car manufacturers’ warranty. They can have peace of mind knowing the guaranteed performance and protection intervals of the Mobil line of high-endurance oils. Mobil Clean 5000, Mobil Clean High Mileage, Mobil Clean 7500, and Mobil 1 Extended Performance protect critical engine parts from lubricant-related failure for 5,000/7,500/15,000 miles -- guaranteed. (Updated March 2006)

Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Well Mobil 1 never traditionally touted their oil to last for any extended period of time so I don't know why we are to think their filter is able to. Also most filters have bypass valves. But if you bypass, you also are circulating unfiltered oil now. Better than no oil? yes but still not a great idea.
Moble 1 will last 5-7K mi. & will provide good protection once you go over the 3K mark. This is because it does not break down as fast as conventional oils. You basically get better protection for a longer period of time with synthetics. The OIL filter also provided good protection even after 3K. 5-7Kmi. may not be considered extended drain intervals these days; However the hole point of Moble-1 is to provided that extra protection ESPECIALLY when you go pass the 3K mi. mark.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Moble 1 will last 5-7K mi. & will provide good protection once you go over the 3K mark. This is because it does not break down as fast as conventional oils. You basically get better protection for a longer period of time with synthetics. The OIL filter also provided good protection even after 3K. 5-7Kmi. may not be considered extended drain intervals these days; However the hole point of Moble-1 is to provided that extra protection ESPECIALLY when you go pass the 3K mi. mark.
Conventional oils can go 5-7k nowadays, mobil1 isn't pushing the limits any more than other synthetic oils out there which can withstand much longer drain intervals.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Conventional oils can go 5-7k nowadays, mobil1 isn't pushing the limits any more than other synthetic oils out there which can withstand much longer drain intervals.
Thiis is true.

I used to change the oil in my company truck every three thousand miles. The guys at the OC place would always say, "this stuff looks new, you don't need to change it". 95% of my miles were highway.