Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Sale at AutoZone: 5 qts. Mobil 1 & Mobil 1 Filter - $29.99

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sale at AutoZone: 5 qts. Mobil 1 & Mobil 1 Filter - $29.99

Just picked up 5 qts of M1 0W-40 and an M1 filter two days ago from AZ. You can get any type of M1 synthetic oil and M1 filter for $29.99. I think the sale ends the middle of this month.

If you check the oil analysis sticky thread here, you'll see that 0W-40 is one of the best off-the-shelf oils available (unless your local AZ still has German Castrol).

I hope this helps somebody!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
advanced auto parts has the 5 quarts of mobile one for $19.98

Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you check the oil analysis sticky thread here, you'll see that 0W-40 is one of the best off-the-shelf oils available (unless your local AZ still has German Castrol).

0W-40 is not a preferred viscosity for these engines and can cause a reduction in fuel economy, increased engine wear, higher engine temperatures, increased emissions and a drop in horsepower/performance.

Oil analysis is not a valid method of comparing oils, as any oil analysis laboratory will state.

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic motor oils for 20 years.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
"Yeaaahhhhh....that's the ticket! Use as cheap an oil as we can find!"

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic lubricants for 20 years.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
G35driver Addict
Originally Posted by da mayor
advanced auto parts has the 5 quarts of mobile one for $19.98
walmart too!

Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
Oil analysis is not a valid method of comparing oils, as any oil analysis laboratory will state.
What do you suggest, listening to oil vendors?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500

Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 PM
is one of the best off-the-shelf oils available (unless your local AZ still has German Castrol).

By the way, Castrol is owned and operated by British Petroleum, if I recall correctly, so they are all foreign products anyway. But, Castrol Inc. is so proud of their product, they wont even release to the public the standard oil industry test results on their products! Seems odd when virtually every other oil company in the entire world does.

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 PM
walmart too!

I would suggest listening to facts, like the standard oil industry test results found on a given oil companies product data sheet, which prove the actual performance of the oil in question. This makes it a very simple matter to compare different brands of oil in head-to-head industry standard tests.

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 PM
G35driver Addict
independent 3rd party tests and oil anaylses are not totally defunk though. you can't deny an oil if it performs in our engines. engines are all different, but we all have vq's.
i'm an engineer, an oil company's product data sheet means next to nothing to me. you can fudge numbers given different conditions, etc...

Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote=HiTechOilCo]0W-40 is not a preferred viscosity for these engines and can cause a reduction in fuel economy, increased engine wear, higher engine temperatures, increased emissions and a drop in horsepower/performance./quote]

An amazing analysis of the exact opposite experience I have with every one of my cars...hhhmmm. I used the 0W-40 for my G, my 280ZTurbo, and my 300ZTT. The preferred viscosity is what the dealer says to use..5W-30...but that's for a normally driven car. Mine is blown and driven hard every day, and that preferred viscosity made my car get hotter, the blower and turbo's hotter and less quality lubrication, not to mention increased blow-by.

There has to be another angle here for you...I've seen many of the threads you have posted on - and you bash on ANY oil that is not AMSOIL....

I like Red Line products - I like Royal Purple - I have used Mobile 1 for 22 years...never and issue. I usually use Red Line for the differential - in fact I have switched from that to Mobile 1, as the diff temps went down almost 25 degrees after using it. In about 2500 miles - I will compare Mobile 1 to Royal Purple in the differential.

Sorry - but for some reason, I don't think your being objective - rather than trying to push what you sell. On your website - you list the top 10 oils based on viscosity break down - the 2 Mobile 1 oils were #3 and 4 - and Royal Purple 7 - and you never see Red Line anywhere...sounds a bit like you have a severely biased opinion.

I would rather see the same tests you have done from Mobile 1 and Royal Purple...I bet ya they beat AMSOIL. NONE of those tests mean anything to most people - just like dyno results for an exhaust, intake, etc.

People will buy based on experience of their own and others as well. Some will look at scientific studies - by independents, not oil representatives.

Rick

Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
HiTech, time to change your name to YOUBUYAMSOILNOW

Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 PM
independent 3rd party tests and oil anaylses are not totally defunk though. you can't deny an oil if it performs in our engines. engines are all different, but we all have vq's.
i'm an engineer, an oil company's product data sheet means next to nothing to me. you can fudge numbers given different conditions, etc...
Oil analysis tests results are not vaild though, as they have many, many variables that affect the results of the oil analysis from vehicle to vehicle, from region to region, from driver to driver, from fuel brand/type to fuel/brand type, etc., etc.

I have been in the synthetic oil business for 20 years and I have never seen or heard of any oil company in the world fudging SAE and ASTM oil test results. Any oil company would be in very big trouble if they were caught doing this and it would be a very easy matter to do so. It would not be worth the potential lawsuits, fines, ruined reputation, lost customers and business to take a risk such as that. It would be tantamount to The Outback restaurant serving donkey meat in place of prime rib steak, but still calling the donkey meat prime rib.

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
0W-40 is not a preferred viscosity for these engines and can cause a reduction in fuel economy, increased engine wear, higher engine temperatures, increased emissions and a drop in horsepower/performance.

Steve
Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Forgot to mention that I didn't buy it for my car - it's for my wife's Kia Sorento (uses 40W oil). I'm running German Castrol 0W-30 in my G.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I still use M1 15W50 in my TT'd G and she loves it. I may switch to 0W40 something thinner for the winter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sale at AutoZone: 5 qts. Mobil 1 & Mobil 1 Filter - $29.99