Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Has anyone used the Kinetix SSV intake??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used the Kinetix SSV intake??

i wanna upgrade and this caught my eye...just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, or has used it. thanks!!!

Kinetix SSV Extreme Flow Intake Manifold (plenum)
Our long awaited SSV complete manifold solution for the 2003+ 350z and G35 replaces both upper AND lower factory plenums. By maximizing plenum efficiency and improving airflow with new intake runner design, the new SSV manifold is a must have performance modification.

Works great in both NA (naturally aspirated) and FI (supercharged or turbocharged) applications. Expect to see a much smoother and stronger power curve, and expect your car to scream past 6000 rpm.

This manifold is constructed entirely of Stainless Steel, then polished out for an absolute beautiful finished product that looks as great as it performs. We chose stainless because of its great thermal properties, conducting 10X!! less heat than aluminum and eliminating much of the manifold's mass, which greatly helps with heat soak. Stainless is definately more expensive than aluminum, but the finish shines brighter and definitely longer. The overall manifold SAVES 10lbs of weight over stock! Precision TIG welding throughout, and a CNC cut 3/8" main flange. All mandrel bent runners and charge tube, this manifold rivals the quality of manifolds twice its price.

We improved greatly upon the factory plenum designs. The factory lower plenum creates MANY dips and turns which do not promote good airflow and create turbulence inside your factory intake. We developed a straight shot design, eliminating the twists, turns, and obstructions. We then took each runner and also added velocity stack inlets to each individual runner for even better performance . . . thus the name S.S.V. = Stainless Steel Velocity.

This Manifold is a DIRECT replacement and will work with any aftermarket intake. It also allows you the ability to use the factory strut bar, or any aftermarket strut bar. There is an engine cover which will be sold seperately which will be available soon.

We recommend an A/F tuning on Forced Induction vehicles (turbo and supercharged) after installation of the SSV in order to maximize power and overall engine reliability. Tuning is generally not needed in Naturally Aspirated ( NA ) applications.

Each manifold is supplied with all necessary hardware and instructions. There is an additional port supplied which can be used for boost gauges, etc.

from z1motorsports.com

Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was wondering if it was really worth the money as well. i wonder if it would help my procharger any

Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Deafinately worth it. My friend has the ATI Procharer with the SSV and his car is a beats. Don't forget once you do this mod you will need to get it tuned.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts