Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

brake fluid COVER kit review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 01:23 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: brake fluid COVER review

Pic 1, sorry about the lighting and dirty vehicle, it was just sooooo sunny outside today and roads were nasty from the melted snow/salt.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

192417-DSC00005s.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 01:24 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

pic 2

G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

192419-DSC00003s.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 01:26 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

pic3...oh by the way... i wrote BRAKE FLUID with a Sharpie marker haha [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again to Yuichi over at StrictlyZ.com

UPDATE: StrictlyZ's kit comes with a "blank" tab that goes into that hole, it wasnt in the instructions so thats why i didnt do it... but i told Yuichi about it and he will include it in the instructions, and fitment seems good, but i will check my hood clearance the next time i open the hood....

G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 02/19/04 01:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

192421-DSC00006s.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's the fit with the hood? If you do not grind or roll the metal on the engine side you run a big risk it will dent the hood. Check out the old thread from Fresh Alloy on this.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...fpart=all&vc=1

He was correct. I did this mod and am curious how you got around that?

G35C - 6MT, DG/G, Aero, BSM, Flaps, Stillen Intake, Z tube, Crawford v5, 6 Wire Grounding Kit, Clear Corners, 2nd Battery (Brake) Cover, Sirius, Momo F16 Evo Shifter, 30% 3M Tint & more to go<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/19/04 11:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

<font color=green>RR</font color=green>, looks very good bro...no fit issues or clearance problems?
I'm not sure what 'Z_with_back_seat' refers to, and i can't get thru on that link to F/A, but I looked at mine and can't tell how the hood would rub on anything with that tray in there. Better be safe than sorry tho and check if anything is touching the hood....

One question: the empty mounting hole on left side presumably is for a mounting clip, but with nothing to clip to underneath??????. Not needed tho right? but would it look more 'finished' if a clip was glued in there???? Just a thought...
Cool 'Sharpie Work' there bro, and I like, but somehow I don't think <font color=green>Ryo</font color=green> will be excited about that...I figure he'll want it re-embossed with Brake Fluid.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Mine is still in transit going around the States a couple of laps, should be here Friday or Monday unless I missed a 'lap'.
[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Laters

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 02-19-2004, 03:22 PM
IQ9

I got mine test fitted by Yuichi on Sat-2/14. It looks great. They had djust gotten them back from the finisher. I had no gap at all though-it fit perfectly. I did have to move one of my grounding wires but thats ok. It really does take about 10 minutes max of anyone's time. I love mine and glad you got one too.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Alumni****

I have mine and it works great. It fits very snug and Nissan definitely should have included a battery cover on this side from the beginning. Thanks to Yuichi on a great solution to the empty chasm on the right side of the engine bay. I'm sure these battery covers will sell like mad

David
03.5 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium (7-14 ~ 12-10)
04 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium 18"

Old 02-19-2004, 03:44 PM
JPJ

On my coupe, I cut about 1/4" off the entire engine side metal panel and it still rubs. I'm going to see exactly where it rubs and modify it some more. Check the alignment of the hood where the hood meets the fender at the windsheild - even after cutting the metal, the hood was pushed up some at that corner with the cover and panel in place with the weatherstripping. I've been working on my cover off and on and have put in about 4 hours trying to get it perfect. BTW, I bought my kit from JapanParts just before Christmas - price was ~$40 + shipping from Japan - this came with extra fasteners, bracket for the cover on the metal strip nearest the engine and new weatherstripping. I could see SERIOUS damage to the hood if it is rubbing enough to cause the hood to misalign. If it's not rubbing, more power to you, but mine rubs and I'll be working on it when I get time (right now the cover is not installed). I'll post some pics about what we're talking about tonight when I get home from work.

<font color=blue>2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT
CB/Graphite/Prem/Aero
19" BC Forged Custom BC06s
Clear Corners/Tint
Alum Pedals
Zaino!</font color=blue>

Old 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Banned

Have they set a price yet ?I think every one wants one of them.Painted it will look good .Seen a bunch of Z's with painted covers ,

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

Hehehe, i guess i am a slow poke! I'll join the crowd then!! THe install was VERY VERY VERY Easy i think a 10 year old can do this if he can reach!

I love this! It makes it very nice looking! No more brake fluid crap that i see everytime i pop the hood.

Here are my pics:

battery cover(driver side)

ONly STRICTLY Z has this! So......go and order before they run out!! Its worth the price i think. YUICHI is going to announce the price very soon! Keep on this post for more info later!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 02-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is exactly what I mean. Look at the picture close. The area where I circled is too tall by 3/8" + or -. It can lead to a misalignment or possible denting if it is not removed or rolled down. If you compare the height if the two sides, the brake side is taller compared to the battery side. Take a long level and check it out.

JPJ and I must have received out kits at the same time from japanparts.com.

gsedanman - The part I think you were referencing that is missing is a white plastic mounting tab. Same as on the battery side. You have to drill 2 holes in the metal next to your intake tube to get it to work or you could file the tab flush and glue it.

I am not trying discourage anyone by any means. I like the look and I agree it should have been done in the first place like the Z does. I just want to make sure you all know that from a few of us who could not wait. This is what we ran into along the way.

I’ll take some pictures this weekend and post what I did.

G35C - 6MT, DG/G, Aero, BSM, Flaps, Stillen Intake, Z tube, Crawford v5, 6 Wire Grounding Kit, Clear Corners, 2nd Battery (Brake) Cover, Sirius, Momo F16 Evo Shifter, 30% 3M Tint & more to go

192528-192417-DSC00005s.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 04:43 PM
O.F. Administrator

JPJ, Thanks for the heads-up on the clearance issue with the kit you used. I'd like to see the pics to see exactly where that is and how to rectify if necessary.
I'd also like to know if the Japan Parts kit is the same as the kit offered by StrictlyZ.
From what I understand, StrictlyZ took into account all these possible issues when designing the kit they are offering, but If you had problems, we'd like to hear and see them.
Thanks for posting those pics later. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 04:46 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

UPDATE: StrictlyZ's kit comes with a "blank" tab that goes into that empty hole on the left GsedanMan, it wasnt in the instructions so thats why i didnt do it... but i told Yuichi about it and he will include it in the instructions, and fitment seems good, but i will check my hood clearance the next time i open the hood....

EDIT:
THIS KIT FITS PERFECTLY, NO RUBBING OR CUTTING NEEDED. IT IS SIMPLY PLUG N PLAY!

G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ramborami on 02/19/04 02:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-19-2004, 04:53 PM
O.F. Administrator

Z_with_back_seat, Now I is see where you mean, and where JPJ has been cutting. TNX for posting..
We haven't got much feedback yet from peeps who've installed the kit from StrictlyZ, and I'm wondering if Yuichi's kit is slightly different from the Japan Parts kit, and isn't an issue in that area.
It may mean trimming and fiddling with the install, not sure, it'll be interesting to see. Mine should be here by the weekend or soon after.
I'm going to sticky this thread for a while for more feedback and easy access.
Thanks all for the feedback

Old 02-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

I want one of these kit's. How do I secure one? I guess I'll check out Strickly Z's web site.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: brake fluid COVER kit review