Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

How to reach this goal? 340RWHP and >310LB-FT TQ .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks sorry but my "civic" is for civic duty not the automobile. lol.

if you provide advice on a thread it's best not to enter if you don't have the knowledge and cannot provide the proper advice.

until you can prove by dyno that your mods will get me significantly closer to the destination of goals set then your opinion is valueless as many others with more experience on this forum have contributed to the fact that FI or bust seems to be the general consensus.

Again, feel free to provide the dyno or GTFO.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
-HFCs

-HKS DLI-II Ignition Amp

-New plugs(depending on ur milage)

-pullies

-ECU reflash & tune
The only thing of decent value on here is the HFCs. Otherwise the rest of your suggestions are garbage. Nothing "REFLASH" out there works properly and time and time again individuals have shown so. As for a real decent piggyback system then we're talking about a completely different beast and a completely different cost.

Again show me how this magic tuner got you 18 more ponies on a dyno and you have proven your point sir.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
civic duty? ur talkin' to a Marine pal. proper advice? you ask a how to get 340whp cheap, then get all but hurt when people tell you you can't. as for dynos, bro i've paid my dues... i have a real G35. how's this you go learn for urself like the rest of the grown ups. or i could just blow ur doors off instead.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
i was dyno tuned at Technosquare in Torrance, CA... if you don't know who they are then you have no business w/a VQ. hey go learn and come back w/something useful to this forum.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM
haha again, your suggestions come with no dynos and no evidence that the garbage tune you got actually works.

I'm glad you have a "real g35" now go enjoy it. I'm not sure if all that manifold polishing and carbon fiber will blow my doors off but frankly I don't really care. I see that someone has convinced your simple mind that you needed more spark and that's fine. I don't see any evidence that spending that kind of money on an HKS or any other ignition unit will provide me with significantly more power with a basically factory engine on the bottom end and no increase in fuel.

if it makes you feel more powerful to imagine yourself blowing my doors off then go ahead. I'm here to figure out how to reach that goal and frankly your suggestions are foolish at the least and appear as though someone made you a sucker at the worst.

sorry I just don't like to waste my money on mods that attain little to no power and it's been shown that all the bolt ons and tuning in the world won't get me anywhere close to the numbers wanted.

obviously FI or a tuned nitrous setup or an change in the motor itself are the only alternatives here so you can take your garbage setup and move along boy.

If you feel like all those things will actually even net you close to 300 RWHP then i've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
i was dyno tuned at Technosquare in Torrance, CA... if you don't know who they are then you have no business w/a VQ. hey go learn and come back w/something useful to this forum.
I'm familiar with Technosquare and the exceptional limits they have as a tuner due to the software setup they use.

Thanks for sharing now please share the dyno sheet.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by civic4982
The only thing of decent value on here is the HFCs. Otherwise the rest of your suggestions are garbage. Nothing "REFLASH" out there works properly and time and time again individuals have shown so. As for a real decent piggyback system then we're talking about a completely different beast and a completely different cost.

Again show me how this magic tuner got you 18 more ponies on a dyno and you have proven your point sir.
Wow, do you even know what a reflash is??? okay, i'm no longer mad at you... i now have come to realize that ur just another newb. so i get it and you will too one day. good luck w/ur G, hope you find what ur lookin' for...

Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=technosquare

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=technosquare

more evidence of the weak sauce that is Technosquare's tuning. Thanks but no thanks.

where's your before and after dyno?

I see a lot of talking but very little walking here.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
Wow, do you even know what a reflash is??? okay, i'm no longer mad at you... i now have come to realize that ur just another newb. so i get it and you will too one day. good luck w/ur G, hope you find what ur lookin' for...
yes I am a newb.
I am a newb that has been active on this forum for longer than you.
I am a newb that was not dumb enough to be suckered into paying for a ignition system on an N/A setup that most definitely does not require it.
I am a newb that spends money on performance parts that have a proven track record for success and not on a whim of some guy who's convinced his technosquare reflash of his otherwise stock motor + breather mods somehow made his car a ferrarri.

thanks but you've been nowhere and done nothing. please do show yourself out. there are many knowledgable people on this forum that have suggested a Vortech as well as other supercharger setups and even a new motor. These are more reasonable towards reaching the goal.

I'm not certain what kind of ideations of grandeur you have for your little sedan there but I can guarantee you that what you have done, if beneficial on a limited level, does not assist me in getting to where I'd like my car to go.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:06 PM
back to the topic:

Used Vortech = $3500 or so
Self install = 3 days tops with hand tools making it a 2 weeks total if necessary or missing parts etc.
Tune = $600-$1000

I assume a boost gauge, and A/F meter are must haves for this setup and I think I can get away from that for anywhere between $500-600.

Is this a legitimate grocery list?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
spend 1200 on a really well setup nitrous system,

around a 100-125 shot

then spend the rest on something else.

FI will suck you into a hole of money money money

Old 07-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by civic4982
back to the topic:

Used Vortech = $3500 or so
Self install = 3 days tops with hand tools making it a 2 weeks total if necessary or missing parts etc.
Tune = $600-$1000

I assume a boost gauge, and A/F meter are must haves for this setup and I think I can get away from that for anywhere between $500-600.

Is this a legitimate grocery list?
no offence.

but if you asking how to make horsepower

i dont think you can do the self install.

i dont even know how hard it iss,

but im just saying

Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I wouldnt bother attempting FI without planning on $10-15K... but civic, knock yourself out...

Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
^ point well taken. still, I set this limit and will attempt to achieve the goals with the budget I've got planned.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The torque goal is rather lofty, but HP is what determines how fast the car is

Give me a nice pole, and I can give you 1000ft/lbs of torque, but can I push a car faster than maybe 5 mph? Doubt it.

Looks like you're well on your way to your power goals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to reach this goal? 340RWHP and >310LB-FT TQ .