Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Is royal purple the most superior oil out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
I change the AMSOIL 0W-30 at the recommended/warranteed intervals of 35,000 miles or one year. Anything more isn't needed and of no benefit. Actually, changing oil at 3,000 mile intervals is excessive and can cause quite a bit of engine damage to occur. A motorist does their engine no favors by changing the oil every 3,000 miles. When an engine is drained of oil, the resulting dry start can cause a lot of engine wear to occur, with metal-to-metal wear occurring. Not a good situation at all.

Ummmm no. What are you smoking seriously?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
AMSOIL saves a lot of money vs other oils, including Pennzoil.

Only if you push the interval to 35k miles. And on most engines you can not push that with Amsoil per tests I have seen. Even 15k was pushing it.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Only if you push the interval to 35k miles. And on most engines you can not push that with Amsoil per tests I have seen. Even 15k was pushing it.
I wonder even if you can push it to 35k, would you still be saving any $? In order to do that, you have to get the oil analyzed. That cost is around $20. A few tests and you could be running all new oil

Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Are we talking about the same person? 4drmadness? He has 511 posts
no... I was referring to post # 67... the one 2 of us below it were commenting on.

4drmadness is cool – I’ve tried to help him with some things… my post wasn’t directed at his question – it was the way the dude in #67 responded that compelled me to post what I did.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I wonder even if you can push it to 35k, would you still be saving any $? In order to do that, you have to get the oil analyzed. That cost is around $20. A few tests and you could be running all new oil
That's true. I never thought about that. So it is actually more expensive to run Amsoil than other fluids and changing them every 6k-7500.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
LOL lack of quoting FTW. OCG35 take yourself off of invisible mode. I can tell you're around.
you were wrong Jeff... I was at body shop dealing with some stuff for my car... just got back on here....

as for not quoting - I didn’t for 2 reasons: 1) it seemed quite clear since the 2 posts below him were obviously regarding his post and 2) I was tying not to call the guy out too blatantly, I actually mentioned it happening is other threads from other products... but since there was confusion with the way it read - I stated it quite clearly above. And I think anyone that paid attention to what I mentioned would agree.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Red Card Crew

I knew who you meant. But he didn't.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Retarded Opinions....gotta love this thread!

This is one of the craziest threads I've seen in years....35K miles on one change
of oil? I don't care what kind of oil you use it gets dirty and wears out. And
the most absurd post was changing your oil too often damages your engine.
Do members make comments like that just to stir the pot or are they just flipin
retarded? If you use quality synthetic oil/filters changing it every 3K to 5K
miles will just prolong the life of you engine. Doesn't matter if it's Mobil 1,
Royal Purple or Red Line (what I use) you engine's going to love it! (I approve
this message)
Gary

Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
so much for finding out the most superior oil, lol

Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
you need to follow this thread: http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-d...-and-info.html

Its a lot of reading... but if you want real answers, thats a good place to start.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by 4drmadness
Your NA and in CA. Not to much in terms of severe conditions except for heat. You choice will depend on how much you are willing to spend and what your oil change intervals are. If you do 3-4-5k changes, almost anything will perform good. Stretch these intervals out and you have some researching and some intial oil analysis to do before finally deciding.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 AM
NP3
Unhappy Royal Purple oils-comments

Well a simple statement of facts to help the conversation has drawn some heat! Here's some more...my Name is Nick, I do sell Royal Purple, I am a Master Tech, Owned a couple of Shops over the years including Grimm Performance in Costa Mesa that worked on Nissan and Infiniti as the specialty. I have Raced 280z's, built many street and race cars. I have a Toyota 1995 Corolla with 438,000 miles on it. I also have worked with donation cars (over 1,200 in ten years) having to get old dog's with over 200,000 miles in many cases to run and service needy families again. After working with Red Line, Swepco and Valvoline products for years in racing Z's and Formula Fords...Royal Purple is ALL I use in ALL cars young, Old, race or street.
I'm pushing back on credibility claims a bit, I know I'm new to the thread...but I did not list names, solicitation info to make sales. I chimed in because the comments were random and non specific and negative towards the products. Those of you that are seriously looking for oils need the truth.
Mobil 1 and Amsoil are great products...won't go wrong or hurt an engine. RP is a notch better.

Someone will surly bash this, but the RP proprietary additive package includes extreme pressure agents not found in the other oils. It's there trade mark difference. That gives the friction reduction that gains HP's and MPG's. It also increases resistance to burning through guides and rings because the film strength makes the oil tenacious.

Final thoughts about oil changes and start ups...oil filters usually have rubber check valves that help keep oil IN the filter. Also the filters are not mounted upside down, so drain backs to the pan after shut off do not happen. An oil change or filter change does require the oil pump to bleed the air out and you get a momentary dry start. The oil film on the bearing surfaces are the only protection. A worn cam train (lifters) will clatter until oil pressure pumps them back up.

If you have lifter clatter...try RP no joking or exaggerating, the noises will go away. It's the film strength no magic, just different from other oils. The benefits will last the duration of the oil change, which I do at 6,000 mile intervals.

I service G35's and they all run on RP. Again...did I give my address and marketing info? I am truly just trying to help you looking. Think about it...if you reduce friction in the engine, trans or rear ends...it will take less power to turn, run cooler and wear less. Less friction means more HP, more MPG less stress so more miles with less break downs from wear.

Ok fire away, maybe I have helped someone. Maybe fueled the angry few.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
^^^ I doubt you are angering anyone (not me anyway)… however, I don’t give much credence to posters that are limited in their contribution – you are not posting from a G35 enthusiast point of view, you are posting from a RP vendor perspective.

If someone with zero posts on this forum copied/pasted a Royal Purple advertisement to make a point, it would be no different IMO.

No offense to you as a person – I don’t know you, but I’m sure you are a fine fellow.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Premier Member

The UOAs show enough wear issues that most would stay away from RP. RP will work fine, but it does cause more wear than other oils and it is not as good as other oils especially if you want to push it longer. There is a ton of evidence and tests on the net that prove this.