Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am awaiting for it too

Old 10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by @lways
I am awaiting for it too
We all are.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 AM
so when's the official release date? i just saw on the z magazine website that the fall 2005 issue has "review of the new plenum spacer" and that the issue has been shipped on August 27, 2005. So is this mod gonna be in the winter issue? or is the new plenum spacer it? So when's the official release date?

Old 10-19-2005, 04:59 AM
WoW!!!! this is amazing, Im already wanting this mod and dont even have my g35 yet. This is very impressive that the car with this one mod is now able to keep up with an m3 maybe even slightly beat it now. This was a major concern(power) that really kept me debating on buying a slightly used m3 or a g35coupe. I always slightly favored the g35 coupe on all other aspects but the potential of this one mod to push the g35 power to m3 level just solidifies my decision. Wonderfull!

Originally Posted by G35_TX
FYI to everyone. I gotta get this damn car dynoed!!! Temps are too hot right now compared to when I dynoed. Waiting for the next cold front to move through. But I ran 2004 M3 this morning of a guy I know that runs a performance shop.

The car is stock, its a 6mt. We have raced before and he beats me, but slowly. Maybe 2-3 cars by 90~. Now, he can't pull from me. We were dead even each race, by 3rd gear I was pulling away SLOWLY from him. He was like what the heck did you get. I was like ummm secret. He couldn't believe my car got that much faster. We have ran many times and its always him, this time around my G35 took him. We ran on the highway from 50-120 (yes I know, don't lecture me about it but it was a open 4 lane highway and wasn't much traffic at this point), and I just pulled away slowly from him each time we got on it.

I couldn't believe I was actually pulling on him. The car is strong. It is a 13 sec car now, just not sure where.

Last edited by vyb2; 10-19-2005 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
I dont see how a G35 can keep up with a M3 - The car is basically a 5.7 to 60 machine vs a 4.9 sec machine (even though 0-60 is over rated) maybe it just holds its ground once both cars are already moving? clarify - BTW hi everyone just joined forum . Sold my FX45 and picking up the new 05 g35 6mt next week : )

Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fx45copper
I dont see how a G35 can keep up with a M3 - The car is basically a 5.7 to 60 machine vs a 4.9 sec machine (even though 0-60 is over rated) maybe it just holds its ground once both cars are already moving? clarify - BTW hi everyone just joined forum . Sold my FX45 and picking up the new 05 g35 6mt next week : )
I do not really expect to be able to keep up with an M3 or otherwise. However, a decent improve within reason with regard to rwhp and torque would be gladly welcomed.

Btw . . . Welcome to the boards congrats to you on your soon to be new G.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:39 AM
I have an 05 g35 6mt that i'm leasing for 3 years it has about 3000 miles on it right now and i installed the nismo CAI about a month ago, not too happy with its performance but it is what it is...as for this mod, for all of those in the bay area, can we get this mod and all install it already!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Why won't this mod work on 04 or 03's? I mean, whats the exact reason. Don't just tell me because its not "Revup".

Btw, Hydrazine, if you ever need to testing on pre-05 G's, I'll be waiting. I'm located right by you.

Last edited by Dan_K; 10-20-2005 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
but that is the exact reason, it's not the revup. they are different engines with different management etc...

more specifically, maybe it is as someone suggested, the mod is the lower plenum you alreday have...

Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
ooooooooops .... I think Hydrazine might have let the secret out by mistake .. go here to read his post:
https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/71496-rank-your-mods-what-rocks-what-sucks.html

below is the quote from Hydrazine:

Ma Sha1,

When you opened up your plenum could you tell if you had the 287 HP plenum or the Revup plenum?
Can you post a picture of the front of your plenum? All you need to do is remove the engine cover and I can tell you which it is.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Smile

This will be my spring time mod. I have a motordyne 3/8 spacer in the box not installed, so I'm hoping this will be a peice of the horspower puzzle. These are amazing numbers for a bolt on *HUGE GRIN*
SOFA KING EXCITED!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Premier Member

Well I was gonna get the car dynoed today or Saturday and the shop is booked. I scheduled for Monday at 9am. I already posted the before dynos. Now the after dynos will be interesting! They will be posted that evening.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by speedgeek
This will be my spring time mod. I have a motordyne 3/8 spacer in the box not installed, so I'm hoping this will be a peice of the horspower puzzle. These are amazing numbers for a bolt on *HUGE GRIN*
SOFA KING EXCITED!!!!
FYI, that 3/8 spacer isn't part of it. I will let you know that much. You will need to talk with Motordyne and work on getting the right parts at that time to make it work properly.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No I doubt we will be able to beat an M3..

Our kill stories has been from a roll (mine around 40-50 to 120-130mph ish?) and i'm on his *** the whole way.. neither of us pulled on eachother.. but from a dig im sure its a drivers race with a slight advantage to the M3

mm was comming back from school today and ran into a "charcoal" looking colored EVO MR.. ran DEAD even with him.. from 80mph roll to pretty far

few days ago a White ARC (ACR or something) SRT-4 from a roll.. slightly inched up on him.. sure i would've won if we actually raced.. this was just having a little full throttle fun.. i tail him.. he tails me.. etc....

Also i'm pretty sure i can keep up if not beat a EVO8 with turbo-back exhaust (greddy exhaust iono the rest), boost controller, fuel pump, intake, BOV, and something that lets him store 2 different maps.. (assuming he actually has all of this)

like i posted before.. i got toasted by a EVO8 w/exhaust, high flow cats, cams, boost control, bov, intake, TUNED, and some other things i dont remember

iono what the SRT, M3, and MR are running (im guessing stock?)

those are the range that your in with these mods.. and your car sounds mean as hell.. especially with a z-tube + popcharger (yes i'm running the popcharger)

Last edited by EricIsKlumzyee; 10-20-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Klumzyee
No I doubt we will be able to beat an M3..

Our kill stories has been from a roll (mine around 40-50 to 120-130mph ish?) and i'm on his *** the whole way.. neither of us pulled on eachother.. but from a dig im sure its a drivers race with a slight advantage to the M3

mm was comming back from school today and ran into a "charcoal" looking colored EVO MR.. ran DEAD even with him.. from 80mph roll to pretty far

few days ago a White ARC (ACR or something) SRT-4 from a roll.. slightly inched up on him.. sure i would've won if we actually raced.. this was just having a little full throttle fun.. i tail him.. he tails me.. etc....

Also i'm pretty sure i can keep up if not beat a EVO8 with turbo-back exhaust (greddy exhaust iono the rest), boost controller, fuel pump, intake, BOV, and something that lets him store 2 different maps.. (assuming he actually has all of this)

like i posted before.. i got toasted by a EVO8 w/exhaust, high flow cats, cams, boost control, bov, intake, TUNED, and some other things i dont remember

iono what the SRT, M3, and MR are running (im guessing stock?)

those are the range that your in with these mods.. and your car sounds mean as hell.. especially with a z-tube + popcharger (yes i'm running the popcharger)
hmmm... "these mods"... so its more than one??? i thought it was just one mod all this time...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering