Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy I'm glad I stopped in for a read.

Having to wait a month is going to kill me...

Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
in response to the uy who talked about launching a viper........

I find the 300 HP G to be harder to launch than my 600 hp supercharged cobra. The reason being wheel hop and a lack of low end power in the G. For me, it is much easier to modulate too much power than to deal with a soggy bottom end and a hopping axle.
Never launched a Cobra, so I can't compare. But the Viper has (had) no traction control whatsoever, and those 8+ liter engines were making mountainous gobs of torque WAY down low in the rpm range... I know a supercharged engine will be more torquey than a turbo'd engine down low, but still not as torquey as an all-motor 8+ liter beast of an engine.

The G may be difficult to launch in the first second or so... but after that, the traction is not the limiting factor - you just floor it. In the Viper, you have to modulate that power well into 3rd gear... and that's if traction is good.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Premier Member

FYI to everyone. I gotta get this damn car dynoed!!! Temps are too hot right now compared to when I dynoed. Waiting for the next cold front to move through. But I ran 2004 M3 this morning of a guy I know that runs a performance shop.

The car is stock, its a 6mt. We have raced before and he beats me, but slowly. Maybe 2-3 cars by 90~. Now, he can't pull from me. We were dead even each race, by 3rd gear I was pulling away SLOWLY from him. He was like what the heck did you get. I was like ummm secret. He couldn't believe my car got that much faster. We have ran many times and its always him, this time around my G35 took him. We ran on the highway from 50-120 (yes I know, don't lecture me about it but it was a open 4 lane highway and wasn't much traffic at this point), and I just pulled away slowly from him each time we got on it.

I couldn't believe I was actually pulling on him. The car is strong. It is a 13 sec car now, just not sure where.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Lenny
wow, beatin M3s now? Haha if its true, i cant wait to take my buddy out with his turboed MR2!

Old 10-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by trebien
Never launched a Cobra, so I can't compare. But the Viper has (had) no traction control whatsoever, and those 8+ liter engines were making mountainous gobs of torque WAY down low in the rpm range... I know a supercharged engine will be more torquey than a turbo'd engine down low, but still not as torquey as an all-motor 8+ liter beast of an engine.

The G may be difficult to launch in the first second or so... but after that, the traction is not the limiting factor - you just floor it. In the Viper, you have to modulate that power well into 3rd gear... and that's if traction is good.

Your viper launches sound similar to my vortech-blown cobra experiences. With 4.10 gears and 460 RWTQ, 1st through 3rd gears were only good for tire smoke. You had to modulate the throttle until you hit 4th gear. The nose was back and forth on the track.....it was more like sledding on ice.

It is true, the G is only difficlut to launch in terms of getting a decent 60' time. It is either a bog or a wheel hop for the G. After that, it is a baby.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35_TX
FYI to everyone. I gotta get this damn car dynoed!!! Temps are too hot right now compared to when I dynoed. Waiting for the next cold front to move through. But I ran 2004 M3 this morning of a guy I know that runs a performance shop.

The car is stock, its a 6mt. We have raced before and he beats me, but slowly. Maybe 2-3 cars by 90~. Now, he can't pull from me. We were dead even each race, by 3rd gear I was pulling away SLOWLY from him. He was like what the heck did you get. I was like ummm secret. He couldn't believe my car got that much faster. We have ran many times and its always him, this time around my G35 took him. We ran on the highway from 50-120 (yes I know, don't lecture me about it but it was a open 4 lane highway and wasn't much traffic at this point), and I just pulled away slowly from him each time we got on it.

I couldn't believe I was actually pulling on him. The car is strong. It is a 13 sec car now, just not sure where.
yay some confirmed it.. lol i didnt believed it at first.. we were on the freeway and there was some other DG G just crusing and a M3 was trying to get him to bite.. lol i pulled up next to the M3 and he guns it a little but if fallow right away.. we clear a few cars then he takes off i'm in 3rd.. i was right on his ***.. like less then half a car from his rear. my friend was like "ugh m3 hes gona pull on u" but he ended up being DEAD even.. i thought about letting off cause i was so close but it was too good to let off haha.. ended up hitting 5th in WOT so iono how fast that was but it was +110mph and i was on his *** the whole way.. pulled up next to him and got a thumbs up with my friend screaming BULLSHIET BULLSHIET lol..

also smoked a base model rsx with cybernation's stage1 turbo and garudian ECU w/ 3" exhaust & intake

got owned by a evo w/intake, cams, catback, and high flow cats

spanked the living shiet outta a stock RX-8 manual

won vs a new 330i

Old 10-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
It varies of course but here is what we got on Klumzyees G35.

Pre and Post ECU resets, same car, same day, same dyno, same tank of gas, same ambient temps, same coolant temps. Same everything.

Installed it on the dyno.
Is there any on-going development to get rid of that dip on top? It'd be nice to see it pull all the way to fuel cut-off.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX

Wow! That's quite an amazing result, if not creating quite a stir around here.

Can't wait to view your dyno results.

How does your car handle the extra torque in the lower gears with regard to driveability? And all you have added to your car is a Z Tube?

Old 10-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
yay some confirmed it.. lol i didnt believed it at first.. we were on the freeway and there was some other DG G just crusing and a M3 was trying to get him to bite.. lol i pulled up next to the M3 and he guns it a little but if fallow right away.. we clear a few cars then he takes off i'm in 3rd.. i was right on his ***.. like less then half a car from his rear. my friend was like "ugh m3 hes gona pull on u" but he ended up being DEAD even.. i thought about letting off cause i was so close but it was too good to let off haha.. ended up hitting 5th in WOT so iono how fast that was but it was +110mph and i was on his *** the whole way.. pulled up next to him and got a thumbs up with my friend screaming BULLSHIET BULLSHIET lol..

also smoked a base model rsx with cybernation's stage1 turbo and garudian ECU w/ 3" exhaust & intake

got owned by a evo w/intake, cams, catback, and high flow cats

spanked the living shiet outta a stock RX-8 manual

won vs a new 330i

Klumzyee, where was the other G in that race, in a manner of speaking?

Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Website look nice, but y a 350 not a G???

Cant wait for this mod!!!

Old 10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by VQ35sleeper
wow, beatin M3s now? Haha if its true, i cant wait to take my buddy out with his turboed MR2!

Very easy. http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...threadid=17873

Look at that stock dyno of a BMW. I probably dyno about the same with a lighter car.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by andy2434
Wow! That's quite an amazing result, if not creating quite a stir around here.

Can't wait to view your dyno results.

How does your car handle the extra torque in the lower gears with regard to driveability? And all you have added to your car is a Z Tube?
Yes just a z-tube for performance. The car is actually more driveable than it was before due to the extra torque.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Endless G
Website look nice, but y a 350 not a G???

Cant wait for this mod!!!
The website designers husband is a Z owner so naturally She's gonna put on what she knows. But I asked her to put a G35 on there too.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Did I miss something? What are we looking at here?? Lotsa pages and so little time!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering