FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Hey Skeleton_Cru is there any difference with the stock ground clusters moved together. I dont think I knew this helped! Every time on here I learn something from this thread!

Also Gord: Has anyone checked to see differences between the #6 wire as you install vs z-extreme putting it to the rear of the plenum. I think its smoother your way but not sure..

Old 02-24-2004, 02:14 PM

Question: Are there any side affects if the wires touch the pleum?

Old 02-24-2004, 04:44 PM

No - 1 of mine touch a little (no engine cover) and zero problems. as expected.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SixFive:

Yes, it seems to help a bit when both sets of stock ground clusters are moved together. I made that recommendation somewhere way back on this thread (now going to 600 as I speak! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img])

I'm not sure if you can actually feel the difference in the placement of #6. According to theory however, there may be a slight difference.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Whats the deal with #8? Are you offering that as part of the package now? I would buy it if you are making it and also where does it go again?

Old 02-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Administrator
GroundingGear™

#8 seems to make a slight difference with starting the G. Not enough to order it separately, unless you want all the wires that GroundingGear™ officially offers. I'm still doing R&D on the ECU wire right now and waiting for feedback, as well as to do my own. So far, it looks promising.

Old 02-25-2004, 07:37 AM
Re: GroundingGear™

Why is it that when someone claims to have bought a ground kit from me you leave their entire post. When someone comes to my defense their post is edited to hide the fact that they bought a quality product from me?

I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay for my grounding kits. I emailed everyone who ever purchased a kit to make sure they did not have any issues. Not a single complaint came back Only praise.

I also have seen my Dyno charts appear on other forums with "Property of Grounding Gear" on them. This is wrong but I'm sure it was some misguided customer of yours and not you who did this.

If anyone wants to verify the quality of my work you can check Ebay and my feedback.

If you don't want any competitor posts I completely understand. But you should be fair and delete all negative as well as positive posts. Especially when the negative post has no basis. A bad supplier can't continue to have great feedback if they sell on Ebay.

350Z Brickyard 5AT, CAI, Slotted rotors, Clear SideMarkers w/LEDs, Badges w/LEDs, Billet dipstick, Infinity speakers, 1200W Amp, 2 10” JL Subs, tint, custom exhaust, leather seats, polished intake.

Old 02-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Actually, I've NEVER edited anyone's posts nor feedback on this thread, except for the one instance where vulgarities and name calling were exchanged. I don't consider you a competitor as I am a manufacturer and distributor to OEM dealerships and performance shops and GroundingGear™ is a commercial product distributed through Authorized Dealers. Other than supplying GroundingGear™ (G35 & 350z only) to forum members as a courtesy which I do at below my wholesale cost to the dealerships, I do not otherwise sell direct nor over the internet. I won't get into an argument with you about business dealings over e-bay, nor the validity of feedback received there.

This thread is for information exchange purposes, and until you started posting here, things were quite civil. None of your posts were with the intent of information exchange, which I have not deleted BTW, and even this post seems to suggest that your intent is to bring your name and product to everyone's attention once again. One of your own clients posted suspicions about the last unpleasant exchange that happened on this forum involving your business that would have reflected very negatively on you and his post was removed.

Other suppliers of Hyper-Ground kits have posted on this thread and controversy has never followed, in fact I've given assistance to those that have bought other kits or made their own. I even link other sources of H-G kits. I know my own installation picture that I posted to help others with their install of H-G kits purchased elsewhere have also appeared with out permission on other forums. This is the reason that I now Copyright my material with the option of legal action and I suggest that if you are set up as a legitimate business, you do the same.

Unless you have something more productive to bring other than repeated attempts at free advertising (100 % of your posts on G35Driver.com are about your H-G kits), please refrain from posting on this forum.

I wish you well in your continued business success elsewhere.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:35 PM

Please delete all my postings in this thread.

But in fairness delete the false posting about my ground kits. This person did not buy from me.

Please also remove my dyno charts from this posting. Whoever put "Property of Grounding Gear" on them and posts them on other forums should stop.

I do not want nor need free advertising in this thread.

I also regret any negative postings that were done by my customers in response to the false posting on my products.

I always thought one great value of the forum was to identify good products and bargains for forum members. That is why I made my first post on the G35 forum. When you pointed out that I needed to post only in the classified section I did that. I try very hard to follow each forum's sets of rules. They are all different and I may have made a mistake on this one early on. Sorry for that.

Like you, I have tried to be a supporter of grounding kits. I have posted my testing results and opinions on this and other forums. I have also created a DIY for those that would like to make their own kits. It is on the 350zforum.com web site. I have never made a negative comment about your kits on any forum.

You and I disagree on the importance of gold plating on the terminals. Its healthy to have differing opinions.

I have also posted many positive comments about the Z-Extreme kits on the forums. He was a help to me early on and we also disagree on some minor points. Again this is ok.

All I ask is that both sides of the story be heard.

To keep it simple I think all posts pertaining to competitor products (especially mine) should be deleted from this thread so that it can be kept on track to provide information on grounding kits or to show your products since it is your thread.

350Z Brickyard 5AT, CAI, Slotted rotors, Clear SideMarkers w/LEDs, Badges w/LEDs, Billet dipstick, Infinity speakers, 1200W Amp, 2 10” JL Subs, tint, custom exhaust, leather seats, polished intake.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Thankyou for your response. I feel uncomfortable in deleting your posts at this point, so you may feel free doing so yourself. I do not normally visit other forums as my time is limited.
I believe that ppl visiting this thread can make up their own minds about sources of H-G kits, or for that matter, even the VALIDITY of the kits.
It sounds like you have made a successful venture out of this, and I wish you continued success.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Administrator

This W/E, the first set of GroundingGear™ G-Series was installed on a North American V-8. Above, pictured is the 6-wire install.

This was e-mailed to me by Darlene, the owner of the truck:

<font color=blue>“It looks like the GroundingGear was a good investment. After it was installed, the first thing I noticed was that an objectionable, high-pitched noise from the engine compartment was muted -- no idea what the cause was, but somehow it was helped. The biggest improvement was throttle response. My 95 GMC V8 pickup was noisy in first gear, and always had seemed to struggle to get up some speed -- now it just pulls away from stop signs, quietly getting the job done. I'm anticipating an improvement in gas mileage, as the engine rpm's seem to be a bit lower both idling and running ... it idles at about 650 now, down from 800, and on the highway with the cruise set at 105 the tach reads 1600, down from 1800 on a level stretch.”</font color=blue>

So it looks like GroundingGear™ also helps American V-8s! Now if I can only find a 'Vette or Mustang to see what it does with the performance crowd.

196000-'95 GMC (2).JPG

Old 02-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Success is a relative term. My biggest success has been to legitimize this mod with OEM dealerships.
I just got back from my accountant today. He says since I'm into the black (just) during the first year, I'm doing well as a new business.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] With the new stock of wire I just ordered, I'm actually a little in the red for now! With trying to run this as a business from authorized dealers, I can't really sell direct as it alienates the dealers. Luckily, since I restrict my sales to this forum for only G35/350z and in limited numbers, it hasn't upset many dealers since G35 kits are only a small percentage of GroundingGear™ custom applications, and doesn't affect my new line of Universal Series kits.

I'd make more money and faster if I went to other forums or sold on Ebay as others have, but it's not part of my long term business plan to out-do the big boys like HKS and Sun Auto! I'll be successful if GroundingGear™ becomes the 'Kleenex' of the Hyper-Ground market![img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 06:23 PM

Here is my 7 wires grounding kit

Nothing Turns You On More Than The "hotGspot"

204395-car 033a.jpg

Old 03-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Administrator

I may be ready to release the GroundingGear™ ECU wire option within the next few weeks. I finally have managed to do some testing on my own G35 and the results look very good. I'm expecting to do a GroundingGear™ package before/after dyno by the end of this week to include a part of the empirical data, and am waiting for feedback from a couple of beta testers of the ECU wire.

<font color=blue>From D.C. in Irvine, CA with one of the first beta installs (e-mailed this to me way back, but I didn't want to release the comments until I had some more feedback and did my own testing):
"Installed the 8th wire to the ECU yesterday. The minute I started the G I knew something had changed. I gave it my usual start and it fired up so quickly that I almost over cranked it. Was definitely smoother and I could barely tell it was running. Took it out for a drive and it is definitely more responsive and smoother. (I might go out on a limb and say whatever the 7 wire kit did, the 8th wire doubled the effect.)" </font color=blue>

I know Duhprez (in another thread) feels there was a 50% increase in effect after he added the Sun Auto's Hyper-Voltage System to his GroundingGear™ that he installed last year. Though I've been looking at a similar system to offer for several months now, based of the preliminary feedback from the ECU wire install, I'm not sure it's worth the expense of the extra capacitors and circuitry for development of a HVS. My EEs have advised me of the same thing, mind you they were also skeptical of the H-G system's effect, and now swear by it on their own various cars!

Incidently, for those with 5AT Gs, I may also offer an optional TCU wire to connect along with the ECU wire since it's easy to access at the same time. I'm finding it surprisingly effective, but I want feedback from others to rule out any placebo effects I may be getting in my 'butt dyno'. My tranny now seems to shift much quicker in manumatic mode when I lift throttle (like on a manual tranny) while doing an upshift.

Most of my beta testing is complete on the GroundingGear™ ECU wire option. I'm looking for a few beta testers with 5ATs who want to try the full 10-Wire (incl. ECU and beta TCU) package. PM me if anyone's interested.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:06 PM

I read this entire thread before and after installing a 7 wire kit.
Congratulations for those who made it through. I will attempt to be brief.

1. Installation: took 45 min. Very easy except for the auto tranny wire. That wire covering was scorched by the exhaust.

2. Benefits/observations upon starting engine: idle rpm dropped. Before kit, initial rpm 1050; 850 after 2 min. After kit, rpm 650 at start and 650 after 2 min.

3. Auto shifting: faster operation thru the gears

4. Would not shift into 5th gear even slowly acclerating to 90+mph before kit, now will shift into 5th at 60mph with slow acceleration

I will add the ECU wire after a couple of weeks and post any noticed changes.

It would be helpful if someone organized this thread into 3 or 4 different threads, including one for strict diy instructions, one for impressions post installation, one for questions, etc..
I made it thru the thread but I bet a lot of people see the length and pass.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results. It was well worth it. I have an appt. for 3 dynos on Apr 3. I may do it with and without the kit, +/- ECU. I will post again after hooking up the ECU. Thanks Gord.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread