FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

One thing that I have not seen mentioned in this thead, is the oxidization problem that occurs when dissimilar metals are connected.
A copper to aluminun connection will produce a high resistance oxide which will reduce the systems effectivness in time.
The solution is to use "Noalox" compoud which prevents oxide build up. It is available at electrical distributor outlets.

------------------------------------------------------------
04 Silverstone G35, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
Painted calipers, side marker signals
Debadged INFINITI

Old 05-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. I think that was mentioned once on a post on the thread waaay back. I've had my copper lugs on for over a year now with no oxidation that's visible. Noalox and similar compounds are a great solution for those worried about it though.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 06-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Impressions...

As far as car performance - no change.
I don't use my AC, so I can't comment on that.
MPG is the same.
My Navigation fuel economy seems to be more accurate now...it's only been 4 days since installing, so I will keep you guys posted.
Looks - Pretty Nice...Daytona blue wires and my painted covers really look good together.

I still have to install the 7th wire...when I lift the car to install the stillen exhaust, I will take care of that. maybe then I will see a difference.

Would I suggest buying the set? Sure, if you have $100 and want, at the very least, a different look in your engine bay.

coolie

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT
{Z-Tube} {JWT_POP_Chrgr.} {V1} {21%_Tint} {Matte_Race_Pdls} {Blck_w/Grpht_Lthr} {Prm_Pkg.} {Sprt_Tuned} {Wntr-Sprt} {Nav.} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 06-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Make sure your crimps are REALLY solid. Not sure what kind of crimper was used in assembling your wires, but I've found that it does make a difference, as well as the actual terminal lug used. Braided strand wire seems to be better than rope stranded wire as well.

Let us know if you notice any other differences as some notice little things gradually with "Hmmm. I never noticed it doing that before" type comments.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

gordgee is right, good crimps are critical.
I intend on doing my own, not because of the $, but I just like doing things myself. Also my work is associated to the electrical business & I have access to a Burndy Hy-press hydraulic crimper.
IMHO, without access to good tools, a pro kit from someone like gordgee is the only way to go

------------------------------------------------------------
04 Silverstone G35, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
Painted calipers, side marker signals
Debadged INFINITI

Old 06-03-2004, 12:07 PM

I got the kit from http://www.z-xtreme.com so i'm hoping they built them well.

Like I said, they Navigation fuel economy is more accurate and i have yet to install the 7th wire.

i'm not doubting or dissing the kit, just relaying what i noticed in 3-4 days.

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT
{Z-Tube} {JWT_POP_Chrgr.} {V1} {21%_Tint} {Matte_Race_Pdls} {Blck_w/Grpht_Lthr} {Prm_Pkg.} {Sprt_Tuned} {Wntr-Sprt} {Nav.} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 06-04-2004, 02:26 AM

ok so i got my 5wire kit today and installed it. i stupidly broke one of the screws while unscrewing it by twisting the wrong way. luckily it was just the right stock grounding screw. so i attached the front wires to the left screw and attached the two stock ground wires to them as well. it took me about 1 hour total. i didnt do the ECU reset. I assume that the ECU will adapt to the cables itself without needing to reset right? and for cable 5, what exactly does re-torqueing require? i just unscrewed the long screw, attached the cable, then screwed it back on.
after i was done, i started the car and noticed that the idle went down pretty fast after 20 secs to about 800 rpm. I havent driven it yet.

2003 G35 coupe 5AT
Weapon-R intake and air filter, tinted, clear corners, 5-cable GroundingGear

Old 06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Administrator

You don't have to do an ECU reset. Though you’ll probably notice the difference in the car right away after install, try to go for a safe, but spirited 10 or 15 minute drive with some runs at WOT to let the ECU know that it's getting a new signal to work with. I’ve found some cars (and all VWs) need this after the GroundingGear™ System install. Or some prefer to do an ECU reset, as the difference felt is more dramatic since the ECU is starting from baseline and can adapt more quickly. Some of the effect may be due to the ECU re-set however.

Re the Plenum bolt. Yes, just remove, attach the wire, and re-install. It is recommended that you re-torque to factory spec on any bolts that are structural. This bolt is part of the system of bolts that holds the 'sandwich' of your upper and lower plenum together. Most just tighten to feel and are fine. Just don't over-torque. You don't want to break that one off.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Well, both GroundingGear™ MazdaSpeed Miatas are now sold at the dealership I believe. Thread Post All the techs and staff that have driven them were very impressed with the noticeable effect the GroundingGear™ made. They had me do an RX-8 today and a Mazda 3. Richard again took the M3 (that's what they call it, hehe) for a spirited drive with me along for the ride, and noted immediately the extra smoothness, quicker idle settle, and response. He still calls it "VooDoo"! [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

He's taking the RX-8 out of the showroom to use as a demo vehicle on the W/E (and to pick-up chicks[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img], and will let me know what the GroundingGear™ does on the new rotary.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:11 PM

More impressions.

Definetly shifts better. I noticed that over the past couple days after installing the 7th wire. This, in-turn, is giving me slightly better gas mileage. I was getting high 18s to low 19s before...now i'm at 20-21. I did a little bit of highway driving, which boosted it a little. I will keep track of my fuel economy over the next month or so; trying to keep my driving to similar condition/roads/routes.

Is the radio louder? maybe or I'm just looking for things that are improving. usually, I drive with the windows down at level 14...not i'm at 12.

Coolie

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT

Old 06-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Well, my neighbour may have the only Hyper-Grounded Chrysler minivan on the planet, at least as far as I know.

I did his '97 Plymouth Voyager 3.3 on the W/E to see if the typical minivan driver could tell any difference. Glenn and went for a drive, and he immediatley said it felt different. Idle settled quickly to 600 RPM and "I never noticed it idling that low before!" He thought throttle response was better and "The pick-up seems to be better now." Not sure if he noticed anything else since it's his wife's car.

He didn't tell Cheryl what to expect on her first drive. She came back saying "I don't have to give it as much gas and it accelerates faster from a stop!" They were very pleased with the effects of the GroundingGear™ and will report anything else they notice later including gas mileage and if there is any improvement on climbing hills on the highway.

272907-IMG_0251 copy.jpg

Old 06-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Wow all i can say is thank god for truck based or hybrid SUV's. I'd buy an old covnersion van before i has that thing..god im a spoiled ***** now

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 06-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Re: Hyper-Ground Kit

Tony Chen from the Miata Club? Is that you?

Old 06-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Had the GroundingGear™ MazdaSpeed Miata out for a run the other day. Compared with stock, it definitely pulls better prior to the turbo kicking in. Smoother, better throttle response. Rev-limiter now kicks in at about 6800, an occasionally 6900 rpm. They sold the one off the showroom floor already, and want me to do the new one coming in.

Also took the GroundingGear™ Equipped Mazda 3 for a drive. Definitely smoother for an already smooth engine. Tranny shifts better (AT). Throttle response is better I think, but I'm not sure. They tell me it is. Going to see if I can take the RX-8 out later.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Took the GroundingGear™ Equipped RX-8 out yesterday. Sporty feeling car that loves to rev! Smoother than stock now and Richard, the GM at the dealership says it pulls better, but since I don't drive it much, I couldn't tell. Really miss the torque of our Gs! He and the techs at the Dealership are quite impressed with GroundingGear™. Several of the staff there are interested in having their cars done soon.

Richard said that they just put a CAI into the MazdaSpeed Miata, and "All it did was make more noise! The GroundingGear™ definitely made more difference!" He then tried to talk the receptionist into doing her new Mitsu Lancer.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm waiting now for feedback on the 2004 VW TDI for the Distributor I'm trying to get to carry GroundingGear™. If he likes what it does, Vince may carry my stuff. He does high performance chip tuning for VWs, and won't distribute anything unless it actually works. Very interested in the effect of H-G systems on his car since I've never done a diesel before, but I'm also worried it won't do anything.[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread