FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Greg:

I've done a number of older cars including a 1990 and '91 300Z. GroundingGear™ seems to make a difference to any car that is equipped with an ECU (so I'm not sure about much older cars, but I've heard that it still makes a difference for some reason). It's even made a significant and immediately noticeable difference to so-called 'over engineered' cars like Audi and BMW.

I don't yet have an application for a '95 Q45 and need to actually take measurements under the hood to assess and develop a kit. It takes me about 7-8 actual hours of work from start to packaged kit. I've also done some custom work by an arduous e-mail process for a couple of cars not at my disposal, so I know it can be done that way. Is the Q45 yours? You can PM me or e-mail me at groundinggear@yahoo.ca if you'd like.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 12-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did it! No, I didn't get the kit from Gord (yet). I finished reading this very long, informative thread. Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback. With the information on this thread and the quality workmanship of the cables I'M SOLD, sign me up. Gord I hope you have enough red to make another kit.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Administrator

I installed a kit from Dave P, one of the local G35 owners- a Senior Manager with Revenue Canada (Tax Auditor). The Infiniti dealer referred him to me to do the install. I got this in my e-mail this afternoon:

<font color=blue>"Thanks very much for installing the grounding kit on my G35. I'm really happy with what you've done. It's almost like driving a brand new car. I really noticed that the acceleration seems much more responsive; it certainly seems that I get to 80 km/hr a lot quicker. The transmission shifts are quicker and much smoother than before. Overall the whole car seems to run smoother and more efficiently.”</font color=blue>

Maybe they'll cut me a break next time I get audited![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

Old 12-31-2003, 01:01 AM
Administrator

That's a significant increase in mileage! I'm not sure how to attribute your change. I know some have reported a slight and repeatable increase in mileage and I'm interested in all the feedback I can get. Please keep us posted.
Rather than an ECU reset, sometimes all that is needed is to go for a 10 to 15 minute drive with WOT runs for the ECU to get used to the new flow of information. That way, you could tell if it's the GroundingGear™ that's making the difference rather than just the ECU reset.

Old 01-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Your post is one of those funny ones that doesn't show your Username, so if you could edit your post and add your name, it'd be great.

Infiniti made a few on-going slight changes which is the reason the front ground cluster looks a bit different. The grounding point still applies, just make sure you connect the factory ground to the H-G cluster.

Re your Sequoia, not sure of the benefits, but I know that the GroundingGear™ kits I've done on the Frontier and the Pathfinder have received very good feedback. One Nissan dealer has had me do more Frontier kits than almost anything else!

Old 01-02-2004, 09:46 AM

Iw ould think the straight toyota would already be so smooth it may be hard to see a difference.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Administrator

I just re-read the 'Turbo & High-Tech Performance, Oct 2003' article for their ‘Project 200-WHP Integra:

<font color=blue>“Next, we installed a set of …Hyper-Ground wires. Having had great luck with most of the vehicles we tested the ground wires on, we knew these were a sure bet for making power…This time, peak power checked in at 193.9 hp, an improvement of 1.2 hp more than the previous run. At 4400 rpm, the ground wires increased the power out-put by 4.2 hp. Interestingly, the Air/fuel ratio became slightly richer over the entire rpm band. Most likely, due to the additional grounding points, the injectors became more responsive and increased the fuel out-put of the squirters, thereby lowering our Air/fuel ratio.”</font color=blue>

This may be an interesting addition to the theory about the way Hyper-Grounds work, in addition to the cleaner signal to the ECU.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Administrator

I can't tell who you are, so just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you or refer you to another source.

Old 01-11-2004, 08:13 PM

I tried reading through the whole thread... finally done.
I'm a new G35 owner but it is a daily driver for work and have chosen not to touch it right now.

I do have a 1995 Z28 however which I have modified. I have talked to my F-bod friends (F-Bodies are Camaros and TransAms) and was wondering if this would benefit these cars as well. So I have a few questions:
1. Have you ever done any North American V8 cars?
2. How do you determine ground points... I know of the ones that are alread there... should I find more?
3. What benefits do you think I should see?

Thanks in advance for your time

2003.5 Silver G35 Sedan... my daily driver
1995 Camaro Z28 ... a few mods (13.27sec)

Old 01-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

I've actually never done a North American car, though I've been asked to so a couple including for the truck of the senior service advisor at the Infiniti Dealer. It's worked on every 4 and 6 cylinder Import that I've done so far, with even a slight change noted on the BMW M3. That said, I'd love to do one of the new Vettes or a Mustang to see what it does on a domestic sports car.

The overwhelming feedback has been re better throttle response and smoothness, so I'd imagine that it would do the same for the V-8s.

You could try what Sun Auto suggests for their popular generic kits and just ground different areas on the block, etc. and experiment. Review some of the theory on how the H-G systems work and try to locate the ground points on the engine, etc. to take advantage of them.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

I installed my kit from z-extreme last night and then went for a spin. I honestly can't say that it is a complete night and day difference, but there does seem to be a little difference. Even if there isn't, the red wires look good under the hood.

One thing I will state though, is that just looking at the pictures of the cables that gordgee makes, they seem to be much more professionally "finished" than the ones from z-extreme. While there is nothing wrong with the ones from z-extreme, the connectors are not sealed so there are bare strands exposed, and the heat-shrink tubing is solid black. They just look more homemade than gordgee's ones do.

But, I didn't have to wait long for them and they were $75+shipping. Not sure how that compares, but I am not disappointed, so it all works out.

Anyway, thanks for the pictures and tips/hints. They made the install absolutely painless.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback. I usually send ppl over to Z-Xtreme when I don't have time to do forum kits, or have the choices in colour that Guy offers. He makes a consistent product that works and offers good service and seems genuinely interested in helping others out rather than making a quick buck unlike some of the stuff that's coming out of some ppl's basements and sold on e-bay. I'm assuming you bought his 5-Wire kit?
Try going out for a 10 to 15 minute drive with a couple of runs at WOT. It seems to help the ECU figure out what to do with the new info it's getting. If you H-G a VW, it's almost a necessity as they seem to stumble for a bit until it figures out it's got new legs.

My kit is manufactured to meet the demands of my primary market, ie. the Dealer base, and so I've taken some steps to ensure the consistency and finish of GroundingGear™. It's the reason that GroundingGear™ is stocked in various Parts Departments over some other commercial kits, including the 3 other big names in Hyper-Grounding. I continue to offer GroundingGear™ to G35 forum members unofficially as the feedback has been valuable for the development of the product.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM

yeah, i have gotten on it a few times. i notice a little difference, but like i said, it isn't night and day to me. there is a perceived difference though.

and yes, i picked up the 5 wire kit from him.

2003.5 DG G35 6MT Coupe

Old 01-14-2004, 06:50 PM

I just installed my ground kit after buying it from:
<font color=red>Someone other than Gordgee. I Merlin edited this post because I know than Gordon would feel 'funny' doing it himself, but I think it warrants an edit. Glad to see that Tupak loves his grounding kit.</font color=red>

The instructions are AMAZINGLY clear. I have absolutely no automotive experience and this was a piece of cake. Took me 45 minutes.

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by merlin on 01/15/04 06:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

170724-groundkit_1.JPG

Old 01-14-2004, 06:50 PM

and another pic

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation

170726-groundkit_3JPG.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread