FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Well I finally got my 6-wire kit installed on my 6MT sedan. I may be in the minority here, but I have to say that I can't really see any difference after installing the kit. It's been in a couple days now. I made a point to really "notice" the way the car felt prior to the install. I sat at idle a while, revved the engine up and down and noted tach response, I held it at 2K and 3K RPMs. Went out on a drive, ran through the gears to redline... made a point to remember how bright my lights were. Pretty thorough. I then installed the kit and repeated the process. No noticeable difference in how the car started or idled. Still very smooth. Lights were the same. Everything seems the same. Maybe... just maybe.. the engine seemed a little smoother under hard acceleration as it approached redline... but nothing so obvious that I would make the claim. I have before dynos and am planning an after dyno, but as I didn't experience the night and day "smoothness" improvement, I'm not inclined to rush out and spend the money on the dyno. With all that said, others may, in fact, be seeing real improvements. I can say that the GroundingGear kit was very well made. The instructions were good. And it looks cool installed in my car. Time will tell if I see any improvement in gas mileage. I'll let you guys know...

Old 11-17-2003, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™ *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by gordgee

Old 11-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Administrator
Re: GroundingGear™ *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by gordgee

Old 11-17-2003, 08:59 AM

Let me be the first to say....damn...more gain than I expected. Nice

Old 11-17-2003, 03:55 PM

Just order my 6 wire kit over the weekend. Hope I can say the same.

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero

Old 11-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Administrator

This is a Grounding Gear™ dyno. Not sure how representative it is of other kits. Every car will of course vary as well. It'd be interesting to see a dyno run on the same car with Grounding Gear™ and with a different kit. Not really sure how much difference there would be. Who's kit did you order?

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 11-19-2003, 02:20 PM

I order my from Z327 in the parts/accessories section. Very good priced including shipping too. I'm too lazy to get under the car for the 7th wire so, I just order 6 wire instead.

http://home.comcast.net/~z327/ground.

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero

Old 11-20-2003, 04:14 PM

gord - what kind of car in the before/after plots?

Old 11-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Administrator

He actually got hooked up to GroundingGear™ by word of mouth through someone that got my kit through the local dealership, so I don't know a whole lot more, but that's a bone stock G35 5AT with only a few miles on the clock. It's his first mod and he wanted to see what it would do to a brand new car. I'd guess that's why the dyno looks a bit low compared with some of the other ones I've seen. I'd guess that the HP and torque increase a bit after a good break-in.

Old 11-21-2003, 08:09 AM

Ok, thanks, I was thinking it looked a bit weak for a G...

Old 11-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Administrator

To be honest, I was quite surprised. The most immediately noticeable difference reported is actually smoothness and better throttle response. I wasn't sure of any real HP or torque improvements. I know the WRXs that I've done report that they find their cars pull a lot better down low and above 5000 RPM. I'm trying to find someone that'll dyno their ride as I suspect that it's the torque that sees significant improvements.

Old 11-27-2003, 02:34 PM

Hi Gord,
About a month ago I PMed you regarding the grounding kit and gave you my impressions after the 7 wire kit I got from ebay (but I only installed 6 wires at the time). Since then, I installed the 7th wire. Here are my impressions after the 6 and 7 installation:
After 6 wire install: (Installed with ~4k miles)
Immediately felt the difference in tranny shifting points were smoother, especially from 2nd to 3rd; it always felt sluggish and waiting for something before the tranny shifts to third before the 6 wire install. But after the installation, I never felt the sluggishness anymore. I also felt the throttle response is a bit faster.
After the 7th wire install: (From Plenum to Transmission)
This was done about 3 weeks ago. I did not feel any difference.
This was my first mod, so I did not feel the idling was smoother. I can still feel tiny vibration from steering wheel in Park position.
I certainly did not feel the difference was day/night. I think this is probably because there is no mod to my car yet. One thing to note is that the wire set I got is from Ebay. The wires are in copper tone color and the terminals are not copper (silver color, looks like aluminum). This could be one of the reason why I did not feel the difference was day/night like others described.
However, overall, I give this mod a thumbs up. And Thank Gord for the information provided. It really made the installation so much easier.

Old 11-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Administrator

You're very welcome. And thanks for the feedback. I know that the commercial Arospeed kit that sells locally for $200 also has very cheap looking silver coloured terminal lugs. The interesting thing is that it uses a blue anodized aluminum central grounding block as well. I can't imagine that the lugs, aluminum block, nor the anodizing can be very good for electrical conduction! But hey, it looks kinda cool![img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]Looks like everyone is getting into the act to make money, rather than doing any research for actual performance gains.

I just got an interesting article from the library today re a Hyper-Grounded WRX, with before and after mod dyno results. As soon as I get the chance to read and scan it, I'll post.

Old 11-28-2003, 06:50 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

installed my groundin wires today. everythings to be about the same as every one else is reporting. although when i got out of my car and push4ed the lock buttoned i noticed the horn did not beep. i figure that it just got reset when i disconnected the negative battery terminal. anyone else have this problem? does it just need to be reprogramed by the dealership or do you guys think i messed somethin up? everything else is working fine and havent found anything else not to be working.
thanks for any input.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round

Old 11-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Administrator

If you look in the manual, you can see how to program the horn beep with the remote when locking/unlocking your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread