FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 04:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

ordered one tonight. I'll let you guys know what I think as well.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:13 PM

I installed a 6-wire set on my 6MT coupe this morning in about an hour and a half. Installation went without a hitch, thanks to Gord's instructions and also to the poster who suggested the needle nose and saliva method of getting the #3 cable through the grommet and into the battery compartment. And Gord, your filing of the connector to fit perfectly into the negative terminal collar was a nice touch.

And now for the good part: I started the car and almost couldn't believe that the shifter was vibrating hardly at all. A quick rev of the engine and my amazement grew. Soooo much smoother. Before the installation, the engine revved a lot like a Mustang V8 I used to have. Not bad, but you could feel vibrations through the pedals, steering wheel and shifter. These vibrations are mostly gone now and it's not just a small difference. I was not expecting such a dramatic improvement.

For those who are skeptical (as I was), keep your negative comments to yourselves. You only sound silly to those of us who have experienced the improvement. All I can say to you is install a set and you will not be disappointed.

Old 10-09-2003, 01:40 PM

Just talked to a freind of mine who was a technician for Nissan for years. I spoke of the success people were having with grounding wires. He said you really have to be carefull with them and where you place them due to major electrolysis happening. He went on to mention they once had a customer who put an extra grounding wire to his radiator and to his waterpump. He went through 3 radiators before they realized it and 2 waterpumps. Basically the electrolysis created from the grounding wires deteriorated the inside of the radiator and waterpump.

Just an FYI from a different view. It is possible there are unseen long term effects, and would the internal coolant jackets to your engine block be effected?

Old 10-09-2003, 02:12 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gordon.....
What do you think of this? Don't kow where my water pump
is, but sure hope none of my 12 wires are connected to it.
I know I'm not connected to the radiator.

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
GG/DB red 12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox

Old 10-09-2003, 03:52 PM

So we are assuming that a better ground creates electrolysis that wasn't there before...it's just better grounding!

Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. The ground points are nowhere near the water pump, and he's talking about grounding the water pump to the radiator. Not quite sure why that would cause what was described either though.

I read somewhere that one of the Nissan techs thought the grounding should make the A/C system last longer, but I'm not sure about the theory behind that either. I guess if both are true, we'd be ahead of the game, as the A/C is more expensive to repair/replace than the water pump.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my 7-wire kit from z-xtreme...really NICE! I'm going to install it this weekend. Couple questions...do I need to disconnect the battery or put on gloves to do this? I don't wanna get electric shock...lol! And which side should i raised with jack to install the 7th wire?

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 10-10-2003, 12:32 AM

got my 5 wire today from Z-extreme. Figured if I liked what I felt, I'd order the other two then. Putting em on tomorrow.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-10-2003, 07:37 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SkylineGT,

Raise the passenger front side. You might also want to
remove the passenger side front wheel. I wish I had during
my install. I was actually under the front wheel when installing
the 7th wire. Pretty scarey!

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
GG/DB red 12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox

Old 10-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Howard's Story:

Howard is the salesman over at the VW/Audi dealer. He drives a 1999 GTi VR6, chipped, CAI, headers, cat-back, valve springs. I provided him with a new GroundingGear™ setup.<font color=blue>

"Gord, I put the kit in 2 days ago. At first, it seemed to idle all over the place, like it couldn't decide what to do or something! (Oh-Oh) It kept doing it for a while, but it seemed to run smoother when it was going. Did it for the first couple of times I started it. Then I decided to really open her up. Wow, what a difference! The idle settled down right after that and is much more stable than before the GroundingGear™. It seemed that the ECU needed to run through the rev band to figure out what to do with the information or something, and now it knows. It's incredible! It now pulls hard from all RPMs and in all gears! It was like the difference when I 1st chipped it! And the way it pulls, it's like the time when I put in 103 octane gas and the chipped ECU knew what to do with it!
My friend came for a drive with me. He couldn't believe it. Thinks I can easily pull on him in his WRX now!"</font color=blue>

Well another satisfied GroundingGear™ customer! Also delivered my 1st BWM kit for the Infiniti service advisor's 325 Ci. Can't wait to see what it does on that, and I have an M3 kit waiting for my buddy to pick up.

Old 10-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Okay, now Howard just called me back. Said he forgot to mention something. He said yesterday, he thought his interior and dash lights were brighter. Also thought his headlights were brighter as well. Thought it was some sort of placebo effect, but tonight he's almost certain things have changed. He had to turn his instrument lights down to attain the same brightness as before. He said he never got flashed about his headlights
before, but tonight, got flashed twice! I can't quite figure out why Hyper-Grounding would do this? I know that the previous poster on this thread that had the Altima with GroundingGear™ also reported brighter lights. Anyone have any idea why? Anyone with a G35 that's been Hyper-Grounded have a similar experience?

Old 10-12-2003, 10:36 PM

Best guess is basic DC electrics, V=IR or I=V/R. If the car is well grounded, the ground path has less resistance (bigger wire) and you get a slight increase in current over the circuit. Since power is a direct function of the square of the current, a slight increase in current yields a slight increase in power. In other words, the lights put out more watts and get brighter. Could be something else, but makes sense to me.

Fesspark
Desert Plantinum 6mt

Old 10-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Administrator

I wouldn't think that the Hyper-Grounding would significantly decrease the resistance, especially since most of the H-G grounding paths are specific to the engine, ECU, and a few other chassis ground points. The H-G system theory looks at decreasing ohmic variance in the signal to the ECU, and therefore targets the noise inherent in the signal going to the ECU. Why would this increase the brightness of the lights?

Old 10-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Yup, I spoke with Howard again today. He said that both his dash and headlights are significantly brighter! I still can't quite explain it. He said his Euro-Spec halogens are "amazingly bright now" and especially noticeable when driving down a back lane with no other lights around.
He's planning on pulling a before and after dyno run as he says he thinks the GroundingGear™ made a significant difference in HP. We'll see! One of the dealer managers is thinking of having me do his W8. At first he thought that GroundingGear™ was one of those rubber straps that hangs off the back of your car![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Then he talked with Howard.

Old 10-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Administrator
GroundingGear™

Since I’ve had several inquiries, I thought it was time to clarify things again.

<font color=blue>I’m a psychotherapist working in an Out-patient clinic in a hospital with over 22 years experience in psychiatry. If I hadn’t gone into psychotherapy, I would likely have gone into engineering as I’ve always had a talent for same.

My first set of GroundingGear™ was made for my own G35, mainly to quell my skepticism about so-called “earthing kits” that I’d read about on the various internet forums. I originally started this thread as a way of getting feedback from others about what I thought was a placebo effect after I made and installed my first kit, went for a drive, and stated, “My God! It really does work! Nah, it must be in my head!” I wanted others to either make their own kits, or to buy from various resources.

I then started getting requests from various G35driver members to make kits for them. That started the ball rolling in limited numbers.

My Infiniti service advisor drove my G35 and asked what mod I did to make it feel so different. When I told him, he was quite surprised, and advised that I have Rick, the dealer GM go for a drive. After a few weeks, Rick finally drove my car, and was utterly amazed with the H-G effect, stating that “I can sell some of these kits for you!” to which I replied that I was reluctant to turn this into an actual business. He contacted Stillen, then called me back and asked me to do a few of my kits for his customers, the 1st being a super-charged Frontier truck. After several more requests for kits, I decided to contact my lawyer re. any legal concerns.

I was advised to incorporate to protect my butt and do this as a small business legally in Alberta.

So far, I’ve formed GroundingGear Ltd. doing H-G R&D, Manufacture, and Wholesale distribution to some of the local dealerships. I’ve applied for TradeMark protection for GroundingGear™, and so far the local business is almost covering my legal costs and business set-up costs. The dealerships here are almost comfortable with me continuing to provide limited quantities of kits to G35driver forum members as a hobbiest, and whom I consider to be my R&D team, since it’s not going to cut into their potential sales much (only a limited number of G35s locally). I refer some ppl on to other sources for their H-G kits when I feel I cannot meet their needs. I do not make GroundingGear™ available on other forums nor on places like E-Bay. I believe that without some of the information disseminated on this thread, many ppl would not even have considered an H-G kit of any brand before! (I'm still waiting for my referral-fee cheques from the big boys[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img])

Due to some legal concerns, and time constraints, I am reluctant to provide tech support for those kits not manufactured by GroundingGear Ltd. as recently I have become inundated by requests. I will however help you out as much as I can. I will continue to do this thread as a Hyper-Ground resource for not only G35, but for other cars as well, and will continue to provide access to GroundingGear™ in limited quantities for forum members. I still find it rewarding to have my kits in fellow automotive enthusiast’s cars all over North America, and as far away as the Phillipines!

BTW, the name GroundingGear™ came about as a lark early on in this thread when I jokingly referred to GG’s G35 GroundingGear![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I’m hoping that maybe I’ll become the next Kleenex™ and someone will buy me out for a couple of million dollars[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] since “GroundingGear™ Equipped” is better than saying “I have a hyper-ground/ earthing kit in my car!”</font color=blue>

Sorry for the long post (and insanely long thread), but I wanted to answer most of your questions all in one post.

Gord,
President, GroundingGear Ltd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread