FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GroundingGear™

I got my new <font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped</font color=blue> stickers from the printers yesterday and wondered what you guys think? I wanted the words a little bolder since it's on a clear background with the <font color=blue>Hyper-Ground System</font color=blue> remaining the same. I'm trying to decide by the W/E.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

188205-Decal, cropped 90 kb.JPG

Old 02-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Re: GroundingGear™

Here's a better close up.

188209-Decal, cropped.JPG

Old 02-12-2004, 02:01 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gordon,

I want one! Can you drop one in the mail for me?

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 02-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Ryo: No, it's actually a bright blue, a little brighter than Pop-Charger blue. I was initially going with Navy on White, then decided to do it on a clear background instead. Of course navy doesn't show well on tinted windows or on black engine parts. Though the print is UV stable for 5 years, the blue is supposed to stand up better than the other colours over the long haul, so bright blue was selected. I actually like the colour in person.

Teal would have been.....just weird looking .

Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Cato, I'll have 2 in the mail for you this week. One for under hood and one for the window. They're actually supposed to go in my new stock for retail orders, but my accountant shouldn't get too upset with a few for my G35 friends.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gord,
Did you fleck stone your engine cover? I haven't seen that stuff in a while.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Administrator

No, that's just the stock cover. Looks flected in the photo now that you mention it.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Sorry, only available to GroundingGear™ equipped cars. I wouldn't want my decal to add hp to just any car! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I've developed and in the process of marketing an additional series of GroundingGear™ to my Custom Series applications (for specific models and years).

The GroundingGear™ Universal P & G Series will fit sub-compact to mid-size (P), and compact to full size (G) cars and trucks! The kits are 6 wire, and the measurements are based on my measurements developed for the Custom kits, and include a GroundFitter™ Assessment Tool I developed to aid in determining wire length/placement. I'm hoping that it will increase the marketability of GroundingGear™ since Performance Shops won't have to stock so many different varieties of kits. I already have interest in the Universal Series kits through a major nation-wide chain, so wish me luck. It'll be test-marketed first through one of their 'test-market' outlets to gauge interest, etc.

My friends, you've heard it here first, so wish me luck! Hopefully the deal won't get jinx'd and fall through![img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Meanwhile, GroundingGear™ Custom Series continues as the H-G kit of choice in the OEM dealerships.

Now, if I can only get one of the magazines to test GroundingGear™ and do a write-up like they have with the competitor, everyone will want to be [i][b]<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Administrator

I actually wrote to Primedia Automotive Group c/o McMullen Argus Publishing to request permission to reproduce some of their material published in Import Tuner and Turbo & High-Tech Performance re the testing done on H-G kits. I offered to give them a G35/350z or WRX/STi kit for testing if they wanted. I'm still waiting for a response, and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to see a comparo between GroundingGear™ and their usual Sun Auto kits.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, here is my custom kit. I'm the guy with the 240sx. I used Monster cable 4guage wire (high quality copper, blah blah blah, if you know about Monster cable, you know their stuff is top notch) (also helps that I work in a stereo shop). Also used monster copper ends all shrink wrapped. Went a little further and also replaced my battery terminals with monster terminals as well. Really cleaned up my engine bay.

I have to admit, that I am very happy with this little mod. I tagged the grounds from the battery to the left side of the chassis, right side of chassis, firewall, intakemanifold, engine block, head, and transmission. They all eventually meet up at the battery post. As far as I can tell, the car is a lot smoother, it has a bit more horsepower and torque down low, and even more up top, my stereo is cleaner sounding and crisper (Alpine 60wattx4 head unit, Infinity speakers), and a little better gas mileage. My air/fuel ratio guage is also more direct and not so jumpy now too. (very cool) The exhuast note is also silky smooth. I was astonished by that. It was weird because I have heard a lot of 240s with exhausts, and they all have an uneven tone to them, and are a little raspy (not Honda raspy). But mine is a nice even smooth, no raspiness tone now. Very cool. I am pleased with the outcome. 100% worth it. To duplicate my kit btw will cost you $150 and some change. Thanks guys.

edit: how do I post pics? this site is different from most forums I'm use to.

the link to the pic is: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...9/f9a3497d.jpg<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by nightwalker on 02/12/04 08:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Administrator

It's an inexpensive mod that is still treated with skepticism by many. It's also important and effective enough that Turbo & High-Tech Performance magazine is routinely Hyper-
Grounding all of their 'Project Cars' to supplement all other mods, most being of the 'big bux' variety!

I've been told that this has become THE internet resource for Hyper-Grounding and is referenced by owners of many other cars as well. Not sure how true this is, as they've never contacted me.[img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img] (Well, a handful have, but since I don't provide kits directly except for our members, I refer them on to equip their other vehicles).

Old 02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Nightwalker:
Here's your link. Good job BTW. Thanks for your post.
I'm not a believer in the central ground block at the battery negative. I know HKS does this as well, so you're not alone in doing this. Looks great though!

Old 02-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

gordgee's GroundingGear 5-wire kit, smoked color, in my sedan...Gord, can I get a sticker for under the hood? Hehe.

188686-GroundingGear-5wire-smoke01(500).jpg

Old 02-13-2004, 03:56 AM
Sedan

pic 2...

188687-GroundingGear-5wire-smoke02(500).jpg

Old 02-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Sedan

pic 3...

188688-GroundingGear-5wire-smoke03(500).jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread