FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Well, I installed my 6 wire grounding kit from Z-Xtreme (7th wire in summer) in January. I can't say I noticed any actual differences in the way the car feels (my butt-dyno is probably as insensitive as it gets), but my gas mileage seem to have improved by as much as 1 mpg. Intially, the first 2-3 tanks after the grounding kit were probably the worst 3 tanks I've ever gotten (Nav reading around 17-18 mpg vs. 18-19 before). After those 3 tanks, the Nav has consistently read at 20 mpg for a full tank. Actual calculations (total miles divide by gallons added) supports this gas mileage improvement.
I'm not sure if the grounding kit actually did improve the gas mileage, but based on my fueling records before and after the kit install, it seem to support it. If that's the case, I'd say the grounding kit is well worth the money whether or not you can feel any other differences or not.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great. Several ppl have reported better gas mileage as well, just not to the consistency of the typical reports of smoothness and better throttle response. It seems to be in steady-state highway driving the the gas mileage increases are most noticed. We'll have to keep an eye out for other's experiences as well! I keep good records of mileage, but I have a hard time not playing with the throttle.

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 PM

I installed the 6 wire Grounding Gear kit on my 04 6mt.
I immediately noticed a smoother throttle response from a stop. The throttle doesn't seem to be as touchy under light acceleration. Overall I am very happy with the results.
I took my time installing the kit and it only took me about an hour.
Grounding Gear is a quality product, thats well documented and easy to install.
Thanks Gord!!

Old 03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I finished installing a Z-tube, Stillen High Flow Airbox, and a 7 wire GroundingGear set (of course, I also did a 12 hour ECU reset). First I'll share the results, then my installation experience. Bottom line on results is that these mods exceeded my expectations. The car is much smoother, the engine note just absolutely gives this sweet growl when pressed, and the acceleration is improved especially when opened up on the highway (I did 120 before I knew it).

Now for the install feedback. The GroundingGear was a snap. It took me about 1 hour for all 7 wires, and a quarter of that was spent on the one 7th wire going to the transmission; not because it was difficult to find the mount or install, I just had to jack up the car, set the jackstand, and take a few minutes to strategize how I was going to get at it because there were numerous obstacles in the way, and I wanted to use both hands.

I want to let everyone know that not only did the GroundingGear install go smoothly, but it works as advertised. Now that I've been driving for a few days with it, I'm noticing even more, the smoothness from idle to throughout the power band. I have also noticed a very definite improvement in the transmission shifting, I believe this is from the 7th wire. Well worth it.

2004 Sedan 5AT
Desert Platinum/Graphite/Sport Tuned Suspension
HuperOptik Ceramic 50/Underbody Diffusers
GroundingGear 7 Wire
Z-Tube/Stillen High Flow Airbox

Old 04-07-2004, 10:11 PM

Please let us know when you have the new ECU wire option available. I want to buy one right now! I have the 6MT. Thanks for your help. JD

Old 04-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Actually, I have the ECU wire option available already as part of a package, as well as a mini-upgrade package for existing GroundingGear™ users. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the above posts. It's the TCU wire that is currently in beta release phase to gather feedback. Also, the GroundingGear™ Activated Charcoal HEPA Filters are avilable in limited production.

PM me if you're interested.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Re: Hyper-Ground Kit

oky...after reading all this post my brain start confuse me...can anyone tell me whats the difference between 6 and 7 wire system and what is the best Grounding kit to get...thank you very much

Old 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Just PM me and I'll send you some information.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:52 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Recieved my GroundingGear #9 and #10 wires yesterday.
I had imagined the install to be way more difficult than it
turned out to be. Just gotta pat myself on the back for being
able to do the install in under 1 hour, along with the in-cabin
filter change. These 2 wires build upon the 8 original
GroundingGear wires plus my extra 4 wires, bringing my
wire total to 14. I can definitly say that with the TCU wire,
my shifts are quicker. For instance, when I run up to 4500 rpm
in 3rd gear and upshift, the tach needle snaps like a
rubberband down to 4th gear rpm. I never noticed this before.
I calculated the gear shifts take place in under 1 second.
The dash gear selector display changes instantly when
I change gears. Before there was a slight delay.

2003 TwBlue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards, HKS exhaust,
14 wire Grounding kit, 350Z duct, Stillen CAI
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled alum pedals

Old 04-14-2004, 11:02 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

where do the ecu and tcu wires go to and from?

i have 10 right now have made the other 2 yet for the battery cause im waitin on my stinger battery teminals. and am very interested in these 2 new wires.

Daniel

5ATc / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up semi-fixed and installed<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SFLG35 on 04/14/04 08:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Administrator

<font color=blue>The ECU and TCU wires have been in development and testing since last July by GroundingGear Ltd. As such, I consider their lengths and grounding points to be proprietary to GroundingGear™ users. The full length 7th tranny wire developed on this thread is now in widespread use by others and public acknowledgement to GroundingGear™ was given by only one other manufacturer. Because of the cost and effort involved with R&D, I'd prefer to keep this proprietary as long as possible. Specific lengths, ground points, and routing information is Copyright © 2004 GroundingGear Ltd and not for reproduction nor distribution without prior written consent. This is why I retain legal counsel at some expense.</font color=blue>

That said, they go from the H-G system in the engine bay to the ECU. I'm sure the idea will be copied sooner than I'd like anyway.

Old 04-15-2004, 09:38 AM

It is a waste of money to install these wire grounding kits, they do not supply anything to the electrical system of this vehicle

Old 04-15-2004, 10:10 AM

Oh boy...Another one who denies something works with zero experience besides what they THINK is correct theoretically. Is this guy really a tech or troll?

2003.5 DP Sedan (Everything but Nav)
Injen CAI
10 Wire HyperGround
Crawford Plenum (V4)
H-Liner
Polk Tweeter Upgrade (EX-3500)
Coming Soon: Lite Crank Pulley, Motion Sensor

Old 04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Actually Tony, an Infiniti tech at Ericksen Infiniti disagrees with you. He is a big believer in the GroundingGear™ that they also sell in their parts department. The service advisors have all had experience driving cars before and after installation. E-mail Carl or Ross at service@ericksennissan.com if you'd like. Ross races stocks and IMC Modified class and noticed an immediate difference in his 325ci.

Rick, the GM who started me off on this venture in the first place, has GroundingGear™ in 3 of his personal vehicles including a 350Z, a Frontier, and his wife's G35. He can be reached at rick@ericksennissan.com.

I can give you the names to contact at a variety of dealerships if you'd like. The Audi GM was convinced it would do absolutely nothing to his A6 as well. He had me do a custom system for it just to prove that it wouldn't! He noticed the difference as soon as he pulled out of his parking stall. He later had a hard time convincing the others that it worked.

As the others will tell you, I too was a skeptic. The EEs and techs with whom I now consult have convinced me otherwise.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 PM

Here are the facts if you can understand them. Most vehicle makes if you run a voltage drop test on their grounding systems usually run at .20 of a volt. Infiniti engineers have designed there voltage drop to be .09 of one volt. SO!, I ask if you think you can develop something to be less than .09 of one volt, I say you are an engineering marvel. And if it is possible you can, tell me the cost worthy effect on a vehicle that this will cause. Your forgetting Infiniti engineers are extremely **** when it comes to specs on their cars. And have done there homework and then some. So I would like to know what gains do you think you would get by paying 100.00$ or so on a grounding kit?
The only real ground you should worry about is the MAF ground. It needs to be the best ground, our older Infinitis have a problem here and we make new grounds for them, a poor ground here will cause a run rich concern.......If you have any further questions email me direct at MtBikerVinMan@yahoo.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread